Looking for a meter

Discussion in 'Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scien' started by 8008, Oct 22, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. 8008

8008 New Member

Hello everyone,

I am new here.

Does anyone have or know of anyone who has a cheap meter for sale?

I am temporarily disabled in a wheelchair for at least 2 months, so I have plenty of time for processing. I usually solo audit unmetered, but would like to have a meter handy.

2. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

1. ebay
    2. craigs list

3. 8008

8008 New Member

Thank you. I have checked ebay, but not Craigslist.

4. Mimsey Borogrove

5. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

"Don't follow leaders, watch the parking meters."

Dylan

6. 8008

8008 New Member

I checked eBay but I sure missed that one. Thank you, Mimsey! :)

7. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Conspiracy Analyst III

I have the old style emeter, Mark IV I think it was called. It is in mint condition because I put a nice coat of satin varnish on it when it was new. I don't have the charging cord nor the leads anymore but you can have it if you pay the postage. It probably needs new rechargeable AA batteries too as it has sat unused for nearly 4 decades. I can put it for sale on Ebay for the highest bid, then you can make a minimal bid and Ebay will process the transaction including giving me a printed out shipping label and they can collect the shipping cost which will depend on how far you are from Florida. With shipping it should cost well under $20.00 if you're interested in it.

8. Mimsey Borogrove

It's amazing how much the mark 7 meter's price has fallen - before the mark 8 was released, they commanded a grand - now they are under $400 - the one above has a starting bid of $50, $150 buy it now. Sheesh.

Mimsey

9. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

It will be amazing if someone pays $50 for that piece of trash.

10. 8008

8008 New Member

Thank you for the generous offer. I am in NC. Large Flat rate box would likely be best, but it may not be convenient for you.
    First, I need to be sure my electrical cord and leads off of my Mark 6 will work on it, as parts for the Mark 4 may be hard to find.
    Secondly, I need to be sure the Mark 6 can't be fixed. I have a thread on it in Facebook and have gotten some advice on it so far.
    I will be in touch. Thanks again!

11. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I have a mark 6, I think without one of the leads,
    but I'm pretty sure its working. If no joy PM me.

12. TomKat

TomKat Patron with Honors

Did anyone ever make a digital read-out e-meter? I heard some talk of it once upon a time. A hand-held meter would be great for ghost-busting, I bet. There are TV shows devoted to that, aren't there?

13. Mimsey Borogrove

You should spring for a later meter unless the meter is an azimuth alignment mk IV - that's a collectors item - Dagwood are you sure it's not a mark V like the ones below?

Mimsey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Mimsey Borogrove

If you email the tech library he can fix your mark 6 for you at a reasonable cost. He has most of the meters listed on ebay for sale. Mimsey

15. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Solo auditing, with or without a meter, can cause you to go insane. LRH is a prime example.

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  16. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

LRH was insane before that but the auditing reinforced his delusions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. 8008

8008 New Member

Thank you. I took my Mark 6 apart and found a blown fuse. I have fuses ordered, but there could be other damage.

However, a friend is sending me a Mark 7 for the cost of shipping. All is good.

18. 8008

8008 New Member

Thanks again for your offer. I have found the problem with my Mark 6 and I have a Mark 7 on the way for shipping cost only. It looks like I am blessed with meters.

19. 8008

8008 New Member

Thanks for the offer, Terril.

20. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Yes, but who with more than two brain cells to rub together watches them?