What's new

Looking for a meter

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Are you a materialist? Or did you just paint yourself into a corner as the resident nay-sayer?
Lol. Yes, I suppose you could say I was a materialist/reductionist, and therefore I am very sceptical about 'ghosts' etc. These dumb TV programmes about Bigfoot/The Yeti/The Loch Ness Monster/ESP and Alien Abductions etc. are for children (or people with the mental age of a child) IMO. If such things really existed we'd have all heard about it long ago and it would have become part of our 'knowledge base'.

I'm not the resident 'naysayer', I just voice my own opinion and not that of anyone else here, they can speak for themselves.

Last edited:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Lol. Yes, I suppose you could say I was a materialist/reductionist, and therefore I am very sceptical about 'ghosts' etc. These dumb TV programmes about Bigfoot/The Yeti/The Loch Ness Monster/ESP and Alien Abductions etc. are for children (or people with the mental age of a child) IMO. If such things really existed we'd have all heard about it long ago and it would have become part of our 'knowledge base'.

I'm not the resident 'naysayer', I just voice my own opinion and not that of anyone else here, they can speak for themselves.
Pretty hard to live out in the woods in many parts of the US and not hear about Bigfoot. Of course, if you live in the city and rely on the newspaper for your daily reality dose, that's a different story. That's kind of a childish existence though :)

Thanks again for your offer. I have found the problem with my Mark 6 and I have a Mark 7 on the way for shipping cost only. It looks like I am blessed with meters.
If you get a later meter, such as a quantum, it has a couple interesting features, that may amount to unneeded bells and whistles:

It has a higher sensitivity range than the Mk6 and there is a link between the sensitivity and the TA. Meaning as the PC's TA goes higher on a MK 5, 6 or 7, the increased resistance causes the reads to be smaller. For example, a long fall between 2 & 3, may become a fall between 3 & 4. The quantum meter has a circuit that gradiently increases the sensitivity as the TA goes up, so in theory, a long fall between 2 & 3 will remain a long fall between 3 & 4.

I am pretty certain the MK 6 has the same circuitry as a MK 5, just a plastic box instead of a wood one.

Mimsey

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Pretty hard to live out in the woods in many parts of the US and not hear about Bigfoot. Of course, if you live in the city and rely on the newspaper for your daily reality dose, that's a different story. That's kind of a childish existence though :)
I don't doubt there's talk of Bigfoot, there's a lot of talk about the Loch Ness Monster too. There's not a shred of evidence that it exists and yet it brings in millions of pounds to the local economy. Listen, no one would be more excited if Bigfoot turned out to really exist or aliens landed on the White House lawn, but so far my hopes have been dashed and I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Pretty hard to live out in the woods in many parts of the US and not hear about Bigfoot.
My perspective on that comes from being a former hunter of deer, pheasants, rabbit & quail mainly.
Hunters take to the woods with high powered scoped rifles through which they watch every movement in the bush at great distances depending on vegetative cover.
In areas too dense to see much dogs are often utilized, depending on the laws of the state you're in.
Dogs would have fixated upon and found any such beasts as described as big-foot, the abominable snowman, yeti etc.
There is no way that these could have gone undetected with the many generation of hunters, back packers with cameras, bird watchers etc. that have spent so much time in the woods.
Like Strati said, we'd have had enough confirmation by now that it would be old news.
If I'm wrong I'll eat my big foot.

Out Effix

Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer
Hello everyone,

I am new here.

Does anyone have or know of anyone who has a cheap meter for sale?

I am temporarily disabled in a wheelchair for at least 2 months, so I have plenty of time for processing. I usually solo audit unmetered, but would like to have a meter handy.
The meters are really cheap - I think they cost $7.00 to make.

They are totally worthless and find one in your local dump.

That where all of the emeters eventually end up once you go all the way down the rabbit hole and really confront and shatter the truth.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Dogs would have fixated upon and found any such beasts as described as big-foot, the abominable snowman, yeti etc.
There is no way that these could have gone undetected with the many generation of hunters, back packers with cameras, bird watchers etc. that have spent so much time in the woods.
They haven't gone undetected. They've been spotted numerous times by people who live near their habitats and artifacts have been found. DNA evidence has been processed and they've been found to be a variety of human.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
They haven't gone undetected. They've been spotted numerous times by people who live near their habitats and artifacts have been found. DNA evidence has been processed and they've been found to be a variety of human.
Lets see what your evidence is then. I just watched one of those Expedition Unknowns about that and the supposed evidence proved to be bears and all was faked upon examination. Yes, obviously, people have been making these claims and show hazy photos. I had a friend from Scientology in the 70's who got pranked and chased by a guy in a gorilla suit that looked to him very real. Here in the south the legend is of a swamp ape but, again, no one has ever found a body or shot one in all these century's. Some years ago I watched a special about a guy who claimed he had one frozen in a freezer. Proved to be a gorilla suit and he thought he was soooo funny for fooling people.
Notice how none are reported during hunting season.
Is it because they are too smart to come out when people have weapons or because no one wants to get shot while wearing a gorilla suit when people are armed with high powered rifles?
Gorilla Suite For Sale

Last edited:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Lets see what your evidence is then. I just watched one of those Expedition Unknowns about that and the supposed evidence proved to be bears and all was faked upon examination. Yes, obviously, people have been making these claims and show hazy photos. I had a friend from Scientology in the 70's who got pranked and chased by a guy in a gorilla suit that looked to him very real. Here in the south the legend is of a swamp ape but, again, no one has ever found a body or shot one in all these century's. Some years ago I watched a special about a guy who claimed he had one frozen in a freezer. Proved to be a gorilla suit and he thought he was soooo funny for fooling people.
Notice how none are reported during hunting season.
Is it because they are too smart to come out when people have weapons or because no one wants to get shot while wearing a gorilla suit when people are armed with high powered rifles?
You'll have to do your own research. You can start with a search for: ketchum paulides

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
You'll have to do your own research. You can start with a search for: ketchum paulides
My theory is that the Bigfoots are OT8's who've become so riddled with Ron's bt's who have ultimately mutinied and tossed these big beings out on their monkey asses. Of course their monkey appearance is a dramatization of what big monkeys Ron made of these big beings who now cannot get back into their former meat bodies as the bt's are running the asylum and the OT's are now forced to run through the wilderness for their eternities as big howling theta monkeys and these are what other "aware beings" are seeing and misidentifying as Bigfoot (Big Monkey).

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Did anyone ever make a digital read-out e-meter? I heard some talk of it once upon a time. A hand-held meter would be great for ghost-busting, I bet. There are TV shows devoted to that, aren't there?
Several. I have a C-meter (from Ralph Hilton) from a decade ago, and a Thetameter from (Russian, I forget, easy to look up). Haven't used them in years, and then only for experiments/demos. The last time I used one "properly" was in 2005.

Here's a vid using the C-meter. I faked nothing in the vid, but don't read too much into what you see/hear.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
So it's software, the only hardware being the finger leads?
No, both the C-meter and the thetameter have an electronic box that connects to the computer (the thetameter works with an iPad too, but last time I checked the iPad bit cost extra); as well as software. Other digital meters likewise. My thetameter nano is about the size of a thumb drive, and easily fits inside the solo cans. The C-Meter is chunkier, but mine is 10 years old. Both have software too. You can google all this stuff.

Paul

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Several. I have a C-meter (from Ralph Hilton) from a decade ago, and a Thetameter from (Russian, I forget, easy to look up). Haven't used them in years, and then only for experiments/demos. The last time I used one "properly" was in 2005.

Here's a vid using the C-meter. I faked nothing in the vid, but don't read too much into what you see/hear.

Paul
Wow, you've really taken the ball and have run with it.
Good for you!
Glad you're a sharp sort that could fathom all of this.
You certainly paid your dues for the right to take whatever tech they extorted us for and made it better and free.
You'll be remembered as a true pioneer in the field some day most likely.

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
My perspective on that comes from being a former hunter of deer, pheasants, rabbit & quail mainly.
Hunters take to the woods with high powered scoped rifles through which they watch every movement in the bush at great distances depending on vegetative cover.
In areas too dense to see much dogs are often utilized, depending on the laws of the state you're in.
Like Strati said, we'd have had enough confirmation by now that it would be old news.
If I'm wrong I'll eat my big foot.
Well, unless you're hunting with nightvision after dark, in areas of previous sightings, you won't likely see anything.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Well, unless you're hunting with nightvision after dark, in areas of previous sightings, you won't likely see anything.
I've seen plenty of adventure shows where the subject was "finding bigfoot" and they've used night-vision game-trail cameras and they've always been set off by bears, deer or large cat varieties.
Never ever has one show come up with anything bigfoot related no matter how hard they've tried.
The things would seem to have huge appetites and there are never animal kills where there were anything but wolf, cat or bear tracks near it.
I find that to even attempt to take the idea seriously would feel akin to trying to take the state of clear or OT seriously and I'm no longer the gullible doofus I was in Jr High - High School, I'm going on 64 and I've certainly attained some mental clarity at this point!
Don't you feel you should give that subject some thought at whatever your age?

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
I've seen plenty of adventure shows where the subject was "finding bigfoot" and they've used night-vision game-trail cameras and they've always been set off by bears, deer or large cat varieties.
Never ever has one show come up with anything bigfoot related no matter how hard they've tried.
The things would seem to have huge appetites and there are never animal kills where there were anything but wolf, cat or bear tracks near it.
I find that to even attempt to take the idea seriously would feel akin to trying to take the state of clear or OT seriously and I'm no longer the gullible doofus I was in Jr High - High School, I'm going on 64 and I've certainly attained some mental clarity at this point!
Don't you feel you should give that subject some thought at whatever your age?
what subject should I give thought to?

guanoloco

As-Wased

So I looked this up and read this:

The Ketchum Project: What to Believe about Bigfoot DNA ‘Science’

It doesn't mention Paulides but it does mention Jeff Meldrum.

Dr. Jeff Meldrum, of Idaho State University, a well-known academic involved in Bigfoot research, has also steered clear of the Ketchum project and, instead, backs the Sykes study, perhaps even by submitting a sample toward it.30 Meldrum was also critical in semi-public (through released email exchanges) of the Ketchum “science by press release” approach.31 It surely did not help Ketchum’s reputation that she was associated with Igor Burtsev, a Russian Yeti researcher. In the recent past, Meldrum expressed annoyance with the approach of Burtsev and other Russian “scientists” eager about the study of Bigfoot in their native lands.
Meldrum is not a woo and he's convinced of a real Bigfoot.

I spent about 5 hours with him in his office in Pocatello and he is authentic. He showed me every Bigfoot cast that's ever been collected and we discussed Grover Krantz and Jimmy Chilcutt. Compelling to say the least.