Looking for info on Saint Hill and the influence it has over the town(East Grinstead)

Discussion in 'Welcome, Media People and Researchers, Ask Here fo' started by findthetruth, Jan 7, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. findthetruth

findthetruth New Member

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone could help me with some research I'm conducting for a documentary on Scientology at Saint Hill - I'd really like to know more about the influence Scientology might have over the town of East Grinstead (the council in particular) and the surrounding areas. I feel that there is a lot going on behind the scenes, especially as Saint Hill has been expanding recently.

Any ex-members of Saint Hill who'd like to talk to me, or any other information or lines of enquiry will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

2. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Re: Looking for info on Saint Hill and the influence it has over the town(East Grinst

Hi findthetruth. I (along with many others here) used to live and work at Saint Hill. I wonder if you could tell us who is sponsoring this documentary and what you think is going on 'behind the scenes'.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  3. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Re: Looking for info on Saint Hill and the influence it has over the town(East Grinst

Hi findthetruth,

We have a member here (Axiom) who may well be willing and able to assist you ... you can't contact him until you have made more posts (not sure how many) so I've just sent him a PM (private message) on your behalf. He isn't here often these days though and I don't know how often he checks his messages ... but you never know.

Welcome to ESMB.

:yes:

4. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

I think the only expansion would be the area of waterways affected by effluent runoff from its leaking sewerage settlement ponds.

5. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Ax could certainly tell him all about that (he even took pics).

:biggrin:

6. findthetruth

findthetruth New Member

Hi strativarius - I am a final year University student studying TV Production, and for my graduate project (a 10-15 minute documentary) I am hoping to look at Scientology in East Grinstead and the influence that it may (or may not) have gained over the town. This is just a university project, no one is sponsoring it and it will be self-funded.

I myself live locally to Saint Hill, and attended Fonthill Lodge primary school many years ago (now the Continental Liason Office), and the sudden closure and subsequent sale of the school to Saint Hill a few years ago seemed odd to many staff and students families - this is what initially prompted me to look into this subject, and from reading this forum, posts like Axiom's about Saint Hill flouting planning permission regulations makes me think there may be more to find out.

Thanks for your reply, I hope this clears things up!

7. findthetruth

findthetruth New Member

Hi I told you I was trouble - thanks so much, I really appreciate that!:)

8. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Yes, thanks for that, it does clear things up. Although the search facility on this mb isn't the very best apparently, there's a wealth of documentation on Saint Hill here that might be well worth looking up.

All the very best of luck to you with your research.

9. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Hi, findthetruth. :welcome2: to ESMB!

That's great you're doing a documentary. Do you have any documented proof for your belief that Saint Hill has been expanding recently, or are you strictly using information received from the Church of Scientology there?

Scientology has always claimed amazing expansion, even when it was quickly closing orgs and missions and often nearly broke. Apparently management in COS believes that lying to members will keep their morale up so they keep buying courses and things.

Here is one of many articles that says otherwise:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/fifty-years-on-and-scientology-still-hasnt-cracked-the-uk-920

10. findthetruth

findthetruth New Member

Hi JustSheila, I'm just going off of the opening of the admittedly impressive looking Continental Liason Office at the old Fonthill Lodge site, and the addition of the ice rink that was open to the public at Saint Hill this Christmas - I was rather surprised to read about that. Thanks for the link, very much appreciated - I want to make sure I read around the subject thoroughly during this process :)

11. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Yes, the Church of Scientology has a great deal of money accumulated from some rich True Believers, including Bob and Trish Duggan and Tom Cruise. It has always pampered and catered to the ultra-rich, who are treated extremely differently than the staff or even regular public. Without its tax-exempt status, though, COS would have gone broke long ago.

Although the Church of Scientology is now estimated to have less than 20,000 members in the entire world, it retains the illusion of a massive membership by investing in real estate and spending its fortune on buildings. We refer to these as "Ideal Morgues." Staff are bussed and flown in from other counties and even around the world to attend these openings and give the appearance of high memberships. Besides this, the photos of such openings are altered to present a picture of hundreds or even thousands more attendees than actually are present. If you have ever attended an actual new "Ideal Org" opening, as I have in Atlanta, you would see for yourself that this is the case.

There are dozens of threads here and at Tony Ortega's website documenting the fraud of the openings and actual attendance. It sounds as if you have not researched this site or others yet to find these facts, so that would be a good start for you.

12. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Why not go and interview the town council and local vendors to see what they have to say?