Louise Cronin is out of the Church of Scientology

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Kha Khan, Jun 9, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Kha Khan

Kha Khan Patron Meritorious

There is a comment on Marty's blog that Louise Cronin is out of the Church of Scientology:
    "I'm with you awesome fellas [on Marty's blog]" = I am an Independent Scientologist = I am no longer a member of the official Church of Scientology.

Mike Rinder later provided some family information:
    Finally, it appears Louise's sister, Rachel Donohue may still be in the PAC RPF:
    I'll try to keep an eye out for Louise's "five page story" if she ever posts it.

WWP Thread: Louise Cronin is out of the Church of Scientology

/

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  2. Kutta

Kutta Silver Meritorious Patron

I knew Louise when she was a young girl, about 12 or 13 yrs old. She was a very close friend of my daughter. This was at Saint Hill UK in late 70s -81. My daughter travelled from NZ to UK a few years ago for the express purpose of trying to find Louise but was turned away from SH when she made enquiries.
    My daughter did find out from a guy who was also a SO child back then that Louise was out but below the radar because she had children still in the SO.

It is wonderful that she has gone public. I do hope her kids are also out.

3. joolie

joolie Patron

Great News. she used to cut my hair when I was in the SO.

Her brother was a good guy too...Alex.

4. joolie

joolie Patron

Great News. she used to cut my hair when I was in the SO.

Her brother was a good guy too...Alex.

5. British Mom

British Mom Patron with Honors

Louise Cronin out of the SO

Hey Louise, this is great news, well done for speaking out. I know Louise well & we had coffee last time I was in Sussex, about a year ago. You are with some good people now. Take care & keep winning, your a star :thumbsup::thumbsup::happydance::happydance::happydance:

6. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Another one out! :happydance: :welcome: Louise! Can't wait to see ya here and posting your stories, we LOVE STORIES, the more pages they are, the better!! :drama:

7. Kutta

Please Louise join us here on ESMB. Kirstin, my daughter, your friend from way back wants to get in touch. Marty won't forward your email address. Fair enough, but if you join us here, I can send you a private message with Kirstin's email address. Love to you darlin'.

8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Here's her Facebook account. :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=701773245

Paul

9. Kha Khan

This is very strange. As far as I can tell, Louise Cronin's "coming out" coment:
    HAS BEEN DELETED. I see replies to the comment, but not the original comment.

I'm concerned she may have been placed under some pressure to go back to the COS or to be quiet.

/

10. Dulloldfart

Does anyone know the status of her mother and father, Paula and John? Are they alive, dead, in, out, etc.? They were in the SO at Saint Hill when I left for LA in 1986. John took over my post as Advanced Courses Course Sup, actually.

Paul

11. Kha Khan

It is very weird and, quite frankly, disconcerting.

Right now, the discussion thread on Marty's blog is like one of those old Soviet Politibureau photographs where they "erase" a disfavored figure, but mistakenly leave a shadow, part of a leg, etc. Louise's comment has been erased, but the replies congratulating her on coming out have not.

And just to be clear, I am not accusing Marty of doing anything nefarious. If, as it appears, Louise's comment was deleted, I believe it was at her request. Unfortunately, I also believe she made the request to delete her comment after being put under pressure by the COS.

I don't know Louise, but it still pisses me off.

/

12. Kha Khan

An interesting thing is that -- while it is not exactly the Streisand effect -- this thread is getting more attention after Louise Cronin's "coming out" comment was deleted than it was before.

/

13. Kutta

Thank you Paul. I've sent her a message. I did look on facebook, but their were lots of Louise Cronins, and I didn't recognize her from that photo.

14. Kutta

I received a brief message from Louise. She is fine but dealing with a little 'shrapnel' from her wee rebellion.

15. Dulloldfart

I didn't either, but one of the photos inside looks just like her, so to speak.

Paul

16. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

17. Kutta

A child born into scientology and growing up with scientologist parents in a scientology environment is not ipso facto a scientologist.

Some kids retain independant thinking, but it can take a while for them to act on them. It's not too hard to understand this.

If Louise says she was never a scientologist, I know what she means. I can tell you that even as a child she had an admirable independant nature, one could almost say rebellious. I admired her then, and do now.

18. Dulloldfart

She doesn't really say that. She says on that WWP thread, "Im not a Scientologist, my parents were and it was their choice not mine to get involved." She may have been a Scientologist for ten years in the middle. Or she may not. How old was she when she left the SO? If she was born around 1975 (guess) and has been out for ten years, then she would have left around the age of 25.

Paul

19. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

John and Paula Cronin

John Died in 2004 as far as I recall, he had been FB'd out of the SO, he was not really in good shape. He was a lovely gentle giant of a man, funny, clumsy and thoughtful.

I am pretty sure Paula left in 2005, don't know what happened to her, probably stayed with her youngest, Mia Cronin, who became quite a successful makeup and hairdressing professional with her own business in London. I am pretty sure Mia saw through all the cult crap, and only stayed connected due to Louise, John and Paula, then there is Louise's now teenage and twenty something kids, all ex cadets and I don't think any are in the SO, they do volunteer sometimes.

Hope that is about right.

20. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

Louise

She routed out of the SO in, if I remember rightly, 2001 or 2002, was living in EG, had married an SO member who also left. I would not say she was active, but stayed connected to Saint Hill. She did a nasty mission for a very nasty OSA back in late eighties, early 1990's, lets just say that it changed her.