M-O-C

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Clay Pigeon, Jul 3, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

Fine works of art often have sparkling little ironies in their details which make you wonder if the artist intended them, they were the gift of The Muse or they just sort of happened.

The Hubbard figure, Lancaster Dodd in Anderson's excellent film "The Master" has Master of Ceremonies for a title and signs his missives "L.D. MoC.

Can anyone tell me what familiar Scientology term also has the initials "M.O.C."?

2. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

Sure,
    Masturbator Obsessive & Compulsive
    That was a nick used by Ron's tech terminal entourage who were in charge of his OT progress

For example, one would say to the other:

" hey Joe, did you CSed the MOC folder????"

3. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I hate to be the one to break this to you but that abbreviation was only ever used for your folder.

:giggle:

4. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

Jeez,
    You're in great shape sis :D
    I hate to be the one who breaks it, (because of my legendary humbleness), but this acronyme written on my folders actually meant:

Mother Of the Chapel

But that's something mystical, that only a few knew.
    :p

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

@Clay Pigeon is surely aware that "Mockey" is a racial slur.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Clay Pigeon

No...

I wasn't aware of that.

Who does it slur and where i it used?

I thought most people would pick up on the allusion to The Mickey Mouse Club

Which would of course make it somewhat of a slur against all the mickey mouse horsecrap that happens in CoS

Getting back to the OP...

What familiar scio term would be abbreviated M.O.C. and make Anderson's use of it a delightful irony?

7. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't know Birdy, but I'm very happy you've seen the film. It WAS excellent.:itstrue:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Merchant of Chaos, but it was never abbreviated like that.

Isn't there a similar Capt Bill abbreviation for some evil entity or cluster thereof? I can't be bothered to dig it up but it seems vaguely familiar. Ah ... MOCO, isn't it?

Paul

9. Clay Pigeon

Bingo Paul.

I'm not familiar with Cap'n Bills oeuvre and don't plan on it. He spoke once at FCDC while I was there and I was less than impressed by what appeared to be a fat overbearing blowhard. Indeed most of what I saw come off The Apollo was somewhat less than inspiring

10. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

I doubt that. But google it If you really don't know.

I think you should change the title of the thread. It looks really bad in the public area where everyone can see it. You can change it using "Thread Tools," if time hasn't expired. If you'd just drop the "K-E-Y" I'd consider that sufficient.

11. Clay Pigeon

I googled it and it's colliquial in southern california.

As the title is M-O-C K-E-Y and not "mockey" I see no reason to change it