Marty is no longer a Scientologist or an Independent Scientologist

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by CommunicatorIC, Jun 5, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Ripple In Still Water
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/ripple-in-still-water/

Relevant excerpt:

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

So he is now an ex-Scientologist. Fancy that. :)

Paul

3. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

This proves the concept that leaving Scientology is a process, not an isolated event; finally, we are past hope. We can now add Marty to the ranks of the exes, lol

4. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

That would mean joining a group.

5. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

So, how does he plan to make a living now?

I assume if he is no longer a Scientologist he is also no longer an auditor?

6. uncover

uncover Silver Meritorious Patron

No, he is only a squirrel now.... per definition.

7. Student of Trinity

Student of Trinity Silver Meritorious Patron

He doesn't exactly say he's not a Scientologist. It's only that he doesn't say he is one. But in context, this is a big deal.

There have always been people — orthodox CofS people — who have refused to acknowledge 'indy' Scientologists as Scientologists. So the 'indies' have always acknowledged that their claims to be Scientologists are controversial. They've also acknowledged that their opponents are unlikely to be convinced. So in that sense, the literal content of Rathubun's new post is nothing new.

The difference is just what he doesn't say. Until now, "Some people will never agree that we are really Scientologists" has always been the cue line, to be followed immediately by, "But of course we really are." Rathbun has left that unsaid, for the first time, I think. I think that is a sort of Rubicon.

It's only a sort-of Rubicon, because he does still leave a certain window open: if anyone else does want to call him a Scientologist, he's not denying it. So people who don't want to give up the label aren't yet compelled to give it up. Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose ends with a very elliptical Latin sentence: "Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus." Most ways of reading it hold the same general gist, though: when the life has gone out of something we once thought beautiful, the last thing we hold onto is its name.

8. CommunicatorIC

Not exactly:

9. CommunicatorIC

Perhaps of interest:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/ripple-in-still-water/#comment-267503

10. CommunicatorIC

Also, I suspect Marty is no longer going to do his biography of Hubbard.

I wonder why?

11. CommunicatorIC

Sneakster re: Marty is no longer a Scientologist or an Independent Scientologist

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...dent-scientologist.111408/page-2#post-2314740

12. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

13. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

14. Nicole

Nicole Silver Meritorious Patron

The last months I have found my personal peace with exes like Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder...

Like I am on my way out, they are on their way out...

But if one of them says, hey I am not a Scientologist anymore it is (would be) a good news, because every Cult is evil. I had the chance to meet Ex Cult Kids from other Cults, different Cult, different ideology, same story...

:flowers2:
    Nicole

15. Gib

Gib Crusader

Re: Sneakster re: Marty is no longer a Scientologist or an Independent Scientologist

I like comment #50 - Hobs, you have failed to transcend. :roflmao:

16. In present time

In present time Gold Meritorious Patron

But it is still kinda odd, Marty saying he isn't a Scientologist but he's still accepting PC's. HUH?

17. Boson Wog Stark

Boson Wog Stark Patron Meritorious

He's a Repair-reverse-scientologyologist. It's knowing how to know the reverse of Scientology, and how to repair that, or something like that.

Somehow I think that it's only a REAL Scientologist who could have that level of knowingness. If so, would a real Scientologist please stand up and show your super powerz?

18. In present time

In present time Gold Meritorious Patron

Well, it is about time Scientology got it's own Schrodingers Cat. I thought it might take a few more lifetimes or something;)

19. idrizomare

idrizomare Patron with Honors

We're all just J&D

Marty's Moving on up a Little Higher to the land of Beyond Reproach where he would like to bask in the sunshine of universal respect.

20. CommunicatorIC

Marty: