What's new

Marty: Scientology and Sociopathy

Lone Star

Crusader
Rinder is an unconfessed criminal. He's a hypocrite as well. I didnt give a damn about his wedding. But he's hip and in the "in crowd". I understand. High School never ends.......

Purple Rain

Crusader
Oh yeah, Being at the top in OSA is about doing genuine good works for the community.

I'm not saying that it is, but people go on about these supposed "bodies". I'm just like put up or shut up. What exactly ARE these bodies? Do YOU know? Does anybody know? Are we talking literal bodies? Like is the man a murderer? Is that what you are saying? Exactly WHAT KIND of criminal is he, since you all know so much about his crimes?

What are your crimes, Mike Rinder? What are your crimes?

Sound familiar?

Purple Rain

Crusader
Rinder is an unconfessed criminal. He's a hypocrite as well. I didnt give a damn about his wedding. But he's hip and in the "in crowd". I understand. High School never ends.......

Well, we just need to MAKE him confess don't we. I'm sure he's never had THAT happen before.... Oh, wait!

I'm not saying that it is, but people go on about these supposed "bodies". I'm just like put up or shut up. What exactly ARE these bodies? Do YOU know? Does anybody know? Are we talking literal bodies? Like is the man a murderer? Is that what you are saying? Exactly WHAT KIND of criminal is he, since you all know so much about his crimes?

What are your crimes, Mike Rinder? What are your crimes?

Sound familiar?

Literal bodies? I don't know. I don't know if the coerced suicides has anything to do with M or M. I don't know about Flo Barnett (is that her name?) shooting herself. I can't remember the details on Lisa McPherson and how evidence about her death was tampered with. There are a lot of bodies. I don't remember the details of all of them. How 'literal' are they? Ask M&M. They might be able to at least shine more light on some of them than there has been up to now.

On the specific detail about asking people about what they did, or about what others did, that they observed, and maybe wished they didn't observe, and didn't expose......asking them about that is not the same as scientologists demanding "what are your crimes". Any exec above a certain level or in certain departments or units in the cult KNOW stuff.
Should they be demanded to cough up? I don't know. I am sure that if someone starts demanding that they cough up, it should not be yelled down. It is about abuse and all the crap the cult does.

In all sorts of situations when it goes all quiet and you are wondering WhyTF can't I say this? and WhyTF can't I ask this? Am I supposed to shut up now because of peoples' strong loyalties? I am not opposed to people being friends with M&M. But if it started with "where are the bodies buried", literal or otherwise, and one sunny day, it is passionate attacks for daring to ask such a question (How outrageous)...I can wonder. How the fuck did we end up here? I think there are two sides. I don't want to see only one.

Sindy

Crusader
Yes, only brilliant logic and reason makes the deduction that the mere act of going to a wedding equals the ultimate forgiveness of all and the refusal to no longer expect more transparency in the future.

Vittorio, you're so sanctimonious. Do you know what helps people to finally feel they are able to get their "sins" off their chests? Kindness not hate and no, that doesn't mean that one is blind to ANY injustice. That doesn't mean that one even has to like another but I really have a distaste for stonings, of all kinds, EVEN when a person "deserves" it so cut your crap.

BTW, do you have that link yet -- to where I was mistreating you? It's been 2 days now.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Without having read the finer details of this thread, I would not call an average Koo-aid drinking street scilon a sociopath.

By definition, a psychopath cannot tell the difference between "right and wrong" whereas a sociopath can---he just has no conscience and, like hubtard, it's your fault if he cops any of the consequences.

Most of scio's liars are operating on false assumptions and lies that have been fed to them, so they don't know any better. How long did it take the people here to recover? We we sociopaths? I don't think so. Our database was full of lies so, naturally, we were liars but we lied in good faith believing, at the time, that it was the truth.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Vittorio,

I got another question for you.

You see, I wouldn't doubt your word at all, except for those mysterious, coincidental FB goings on that Sindy discussed a few nights ago.

So to prove you're not a plant here making amends for some horrific overt against the Church of Scientology (just theoretically, mind you) and that you aren't here to focus attention away from Miscavige's crimes by shining the spotlight on the crimes of Rinder and Rathbun (and I'm not saying they are pure as the driven snow), I'd like for you to describe what you think David Miscavige's responsibilities are for Lisa McPherson's death. And for Steve Brackett's suicide. And for Flo's death. And for Claire Reppen's death. And for the deaths of any number of other people mentioned above and elsewhere here in the pages of ESMB.

VITTORIO, WHAT ARE DAVID MISCAVIGE'S CRIMES AGAINST SCIENTOLOGISTS AND OTHER HUMAN BEINGS?

If you don't answer this question, your non-response will say a lot to me about what and who you really are and why you're here.

TG1

Purple Rain

Crusader
Literal bodies? I don't know. I don't know if the coerced suicides has anything to do with M or M. I don't know about Flo Barnett (is that her name?) shooting herself. I can't remember the details on Lisa McPherson and how evidence about her death was tampered with. There are a lot of bodies. I don't remember the details of all of them. How 'literal' are they? Ask M&M. They might be able to at least shine more light on some of them than there has been up to now.

On the specific detail about asking people about what they did, or about what others did, that they observed, and maybe wished they didn't observe, and didn't expose......asking them about that is not the same as scientologists demanding "what are your crimes". Any exec above a certain level or in certain departments or units in the cult KNOW stuff.
Should they be demanded to cough up? I don't know. I am sure that if someone starts demanding that they cough up, it should not be yelled down. It is about abuse and all the crap the cult does.

In all sorts of situations when it goes all quiet and you are wondering WhyTF can't I say this? and WhyTF can't I ask this? Am I supposed to shut up now because of peoples' strong loyalties? I am not opposed to people being friends with M&M. But if it started with "where are the bodies buried", literal or otherwise, and one sunny day, it is passionate attacks for daring to ask such a question (How outrageous)...I can wonder. How the fuck did we end up here? I think there are two sides. I don't want to see only one.

I'm not trying to shut you up. I just think an assumption that a certain rank or a certain post means that people did certain things is illogical. There are so many people here who ranked quite highly in Scientology and have stated quite clearly that there were lines they did not cross of their own personal integrity whilst in those roles. And then again I am sure there are many quite lowly Scientologists who technically broke the law - Joe Kingi slugging Fatman in the head is a good example, but who can go to court and still not be found guilty despite video evidence from several different cameras. Where does it start? Where does it end?

Sure they should have to face criminal charges for crimes and if people know of those they should speak up to the relevant authorities. The fact that nobody has tells me that these so-called bodies do not exist, or if they do, then the only ones who have knowledge of them are evil people like Mike, Marty and apparently Sindy, if that paragon of virtue and fount of knowledge, Vittorio, is to be believed.

Well, I think Vittorio is pure Scn. If you look like a Scn, walk like a Scn, talk like a Scn and slime like a Scn then chances are you freaking are. And if not there is not enough difference between them for me to have any more respect. I think Vittorio is an unmitigated arsehole. He or she is the sort of person that makes me want to go and meet Mike and Marty and talk to them for myself, because fuck Vittorio. If he is like that about Sindy then I already KNOW he is full of shit. And posting again without one word to justify his slimey smears against her shows that he or she is also a coward as well as a liar.

Anyhow, it is a basic, fundamental right not to incriminate oneself. The right to remain silent. Everyone has it and smart people use it. If somebody who was previously living a life of crime decided they want to live a new and different way from now on, where they are no longer hurting innocent people, shouldn't we cheer? And if we want justice shouldn't we at least know what for?

Shouldn't somebody at least be able to say, "It was Marty who ordered Lisa McPherson stuffed in the foot locker?" That's a hell of a lot different than somebody destroying documents afterwards, which may or may not be a crime - I wouldn't know - but the man has admitted to. And who was more likely to order Lisa McPherson stuffed in a foot locker - Marty or David Miscavige or just some sadistic fuck who was pissed that she gave the security guard a black eye?

I like you, db. I am just trying to make a point and trying to think this thing through. I certainly don't want to shut you up.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
The point you make about exes relationship with M&M is interesting.
Better the criminal you know than the criminal you don't know........is that how it works?
Or the criminal of my own personal ex-cult is not a criminal like any other ordinary criminal in society. (This is an extreme bastardization of The enemy of my enemy is not my friend).
All criminals should have their own support groups who assess them for how much progress they have made on their decompression or on how someone talked to them on the phone and knows they are a really good guy. Forget about where the bodies are buried.

I have not forgotten, - but when I started I had lots of docs mailed to me, they became a large stack next to the desk. I started working my way through all of them.. the last one being the OT Levels.. And it takes time for the brain to reconfigure its wiring... the longer spent in, the longer it takes. And yes I want M&M to drop the bombs they have at the bottom of their stack of data too. But gradients apply getting in and while getting people out. And I'm impatient and biting my knuckles...considering all the big name celebs leaving publically about what shoe will drop next upon Herr Dwarf's head.

Last edited:

Techless

Patron Meritorious
I'm not trying to shut you up. I just think an assumption that a certain rank or a certain post means that people did certain things is illogical. There are so many people here who ranked quite highly in Scientology and have stated quite clearly that there were lines they did not cross of their own personal integrity whilst in those roles. And then again I am sure there are many quite lowly Scientologists who technically broke the law - Joe Kingi slugging Fatman in the head is a good example, but who can go to court and still not be found guilty despite video evidence from several different cameras. Where does it start? Where does it end?

Sure they should have to face criminal charges for crimes and if people know of those they should speak up to the relevant authorities. The fact that nobody has tells me that these so-called bodies do not exist, or if they do, then the only ones who have knowledge of them are evil people like Mike, Marty and apparently Sindy, if that paragon of virtue and fount of knowledge, Vittorio, is to be believed.

Well, I think Vittorio is pure Scn. If you look like a Scn, walk like a Scn, talk like a Scn and slime like a Scn then chances are you freaking are. And if not there is not enough difference between them for me to have any more respect. I think Vittorio is an unmitigated arsehole. He or she is the sort of person that makes me want to go and meet Mike and Marty and talk to them for myself, because fuck Vittorio. If he is like that about Sindy then I already KNOW he is full of shit. And posting again without one word to justify his slimey smears against her shows that he or she is also a coward as well as a liar.

Anyhow, it is a basic, fundamental right not to incriminate oneself. The right to remain silent. Everyone has it and smart people use it. If somebody who was previously living a life of crime decided they want to live a new and different way from now on, where they are no longer hurting innocent people, shouldn't we cheer? And if we want justice shouldn't we at least know what for?

Shouldn't somebody at least be able to say, "It was Marty who ordered Lisa McPherson stuffed in the foot locker?" That's a hell of a lot different than somebody destroying documents afterwards, which may or may not be a crime - I wouldn't know - but the man has admitted to. And who was more likely to order Lisa McPherson stuffed in a foot locker - Marty or David Miscavige or just some sadistic fuck who was pissed that she gave the security guard a black eye?

I like you, db. I am just trying to make a point and trying to think this thing through. I certainly don't want to shut you up.

"...makes me want to go and meet Mike and Marty and talk to them for myself, because fuck Vittorio."

That is excellent PR! About the only logic anyone can use to deal with the clusterf-ness of it all. Plus, it gave me quite a good laugh.
TL

Purple Rain

Crusader
"...makes me want to go and meet Mike and Marty and talk to them for myself, because fuck Vittorio."

That is excellent PR! About the only logic anyone can use to deal with the clusterf-ness of it all. Plus, it gave me quite a good laugh.
TL

I would just like to talk to them for myself. I guess that is my own Purple kind of logic, but at least it is mine.

:)

Lone Star

Crusader
I've been catching up with this thread now in order to get the context of the Vittorio "saga". If he is indeed doing some kind of handling then I am certainly not down with that. It is interesting that he's popped up again recently after being away from posting for awhile.

On the subject of Mike Rinder and my earlier post this morning I'll just say that I've had a problem with both he and Marty for quite some time. Although they both have done some good things to expose DM and the inner workings of the cult, I do think that they both have not done enough to expose what really happened concerning the Lisa McPherson death and cover-up, for starters. Neither of them had anything to do with the actual death of course. But the cover-up is another matter. They both were involved in it from what I've read, seen, and heard. They've both admitted to being sent by DM to "handle" the McPherson "fallout". This is the crime that I want to see exposed with the light of day. It's the crime that Lisa's family deserve to know about because their lives were forever damaged.

During the "handling" officials were probably bribed, blackmailed, and fair gamed. Jesse Prince can speak to that more than I can. The Lisa McPherson Trust folks were DA'd and fair gamed to hell and back, and then to hell again. A lot of decent people who tried to get the truth were attacked viciously and ruined. Rinder's finger prints were all over the affair. I remember an interview video last year in which Rinder addressed people who demand more information including a confession. It wasn't the whole interview but the subject came up. I don't remember what his exact words were, but the gist of it was basically, "Well you aren't going to get it (a confession) so get over it."

I don't stay up nights worrying over this, but I'll never "get over it". Sorry. Whenever the subject comes up it leaves a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. You don't get to be head of OSA if you're an angel. I do understand that there might be some trepidation involved in his not wanting to talk due to potential legal ramifications. Criminally there might be an expired statute of limitation by now, but civilly I suppose that the McPherson family could come after him if he revealed the details of all the hell he helped to put them through. I don't know. There's a reason why he's not talking, and he won't share what that reason is.

From where I sit it seems that Rinder blew the CoS because he started to get the business end of CoS abuse. He decided that it wasn't much fun when he became the object of heavy handed tactics. Oh he could dish it out alright, but taking it was a whole nuther matter.

That's why I didn't feel anything special when he got married, but I do not believe that those of you who went to his wedding are somehow complicit in Rinder's past offenses. If Vittorio believes that then I certainly disagree with him or her. I didn't understand the desire to go myself, but everyone has the right to attend any wedding for whatever reason. The few posters that I do know who went have stellar credentials in fighting the cult and helping others to recover. So going to his wedding doesn't diminish them in my mind.

Terril park

Sponsor
Talking of sociopaths, does anyone recall the story of when Vaughan Young was dying of cancer and was in a courtroom with Mike Rinder who smirked at him?

And yet all this talk of "change", but still disconnecting people, still trying to shut people up and no psychological or psychiatric intervention.

Then there is Sindy, the biggest hypocrite of the bunch, had no problem knocking me for believing there is benefit from Dianetics whilst her own husband was posting over on Marty's board instead of sharing his belief in the tech over here (after having bled people dry for years herself). Hope you enjoyed the wedding.

I might get a warning for making these comments, but if I made them about Terril or sneaks I wouldn't. Cult like behaviour allows some people to be criticised and to become victims but not the "untouchables".

There has been suggestions that Vittorio is OSA.

" VITTORIO, WHAT ARE DAVID MISCAVIGE'S CRIMES AGAINST SCIENTOLOGISTS AND OTHER HUMAN BEINGS?

If you don't answer this question, your non-response will say a lot to me about what and who you really are and why you're here.

TG1"

I'm not overly paranoid or into conspiracy theories. However Vittorio has
attacked me more than anyone else. Strange for an admitted tech lover as
I'm the most pro tech poster here, or one of them.

He has posted material that few would know about me, with a derogatory slant.

Adament that I don't know who he is. Also that I tried to out him. I didn't.

OSA has a file on me, I know from someone who saw it or discussed it
with an OSA handler when they were doing a doubt formula on leaving the SO.

Our forming Rons Org in the UK had a plant, and most of what Vittorio has
attacked me with seems to be about data slanted and related to that.

I have been the most prominent poster for more than a decade that one can do
everything Scn related outside the Church. And I've been targeted on the net
by OSA. And Vittorio

Sindy is a sweet, rational and apparently very honest and believable critic,
who dosn't insult scientologists much if ever, [ don't include CO$!!!] and
is well known and respected AFAIK.

And she attended Mike Rinders, and Christies wedding!

Vittorio = OSA? Dunno. This thread makes me consider it a possibility.

Anonycat

Crusader
There has been suggestions that Vittorio is OSA.

" VITTORIO, WHAT ARE DAVID MISCAVIGE'S CRIMES AGAINST SCIENTOLOGISTS AND OTHER HUMAN BEINGS?

TG1"

I'm not overly paranoid or into conspiracy theories. However Vittorio has
attacked me more than anyone else. Strange for an admitted tech lover as
I'm the most pro tech poster here, or one of them.

He has posted material that few would know about me, with a derogatory slant.

Adament that I don't know who he is. Also that I tried to out him. I didn't.

OSA has a file on me, I know from someone who saw it or discussed it
with an OSA handler when they were doing a doubt formula on leaving the SO.

Our forming Rons Org in the UK had a plant, and most of what Vittorio has
attacked me with seems to be about data slanted and related to that.

I have been the most prominent poster for more than a decade that one can do
everything Scn related outside the Church. And I've been targeted on the net
by OSA. And Vittorio

Sindy is a sweet, rational and apparently very honest and believable critic,
who dosn't insult scientologists much if ever, [ don't include CO$!!!] and
is well known and respected AFAIK.

And she attended Mike Rinders, and Christies wedding!

Vittorio = OSA? Dunno. This thread makes me consider it a possibility.

It sounds like Vittorio needs a new place to play. Terril, as you know I am your one & only nemesis, and whoever this Vittorio cupcake is better get that through his/her head. Come at me, Vittorio, Terril is MINE. Get your meat hooks offa my guy.

lolcat_make_angry.jpg

Purple Rain

Crusader
It sounds like Vittorio needs a new place to play. Terril, as you know I am your one & only nemesis, and whoever this Vittorio cupcake is better get that through his/her head. Come at me, Vittorio, Terril is MINE. Get your meat hooks offa my guy.

lolcat_make_angry.jpg

vittorio_zpsc061e5e6.jpg

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Seems Vitriol has left...

If indeed OSA, then "WE are the only group on the planet that can handle...OSA"

That's a mighty fine feel'in!

Best to ALL,

TL

I'm not trying to shut you up.
No, I don't really think you are. When several people have similar strong opinions, sometimes it can seem that one's own opinions are not allowed. Sometimes the message really is that they are not allowed, but sometimes it is just seems that way because of reading things through the filter of past experiences. So, no I don't think you were.

I just think an assumption that a certain rank or a certain post means that people did certain things is illogical. There are so many people here who ranked quite highly in Scientology and have stated quite clearly that there were lines they did not cross of their own personal integrity whilst in those roles. And then again I am sure there are many quite lowly Scientologists who technically broke the law - Joe Kingi slugging Fatman in the head is a good example, but who can go to court and still not be found guilty despite video evidence from several different cameras. Where does it start? Where does it end?

All true IMO. However, in situations where there has been corruption in organization, investigation is carried out and the results are made known. The more corrupt the organization and the more systemic it is, the more thorough the investigation. While people may not be considered guilty until evidence is found, they can be held in suspicion until it is shown to what extent they were involved or not involved in the corruption. You question about "where does it end"? ......well that is what the investigation is to find out.
Is the suspicion fair? It might be more fair with some individuals in the organisation than others, but in a sense, yes it is fair if it is stated as suspicion and not actual guilt, and I would go so far as to say it is even fair if innocent people are suspected since once it is know that an entire organization is bad, then a large percentage of people had to have been involved to some extent.

All of that is separate from the issue of should people be held accountable, and if so how, and who should or should not be punished. I am a softie and I am not out to get people, it's just that I want to decide how soft I am after I know the facts, if possible. People who have done really bad things should be punished/held to account just as it is done outside the scientology bubble and outside the exscientology bubble. In the exscientology bubble, the assessment of the importance of investigation, accountability and punishment happens within personal feelings filtered through shared experiences of those who should be investigated. Sometimes those shared experiences look like they are only assumed to be shared, just because there is the common experience of having been cult members.
"We were all in it once so we are not in the position to judge others or point the finger" is a line of argument often used. Well there are several answers to that. We were not all the same. Even if we had all done exactly the same things and they included criminal activites, it is only saying that we don't want to get caught. Fair enough from a self preservation point of view!

I haven't folllowed Vittorio's posts in much detail, but I do read them. He has never looked like pure scientology to me. I will read his posts more carefully.

M&M do not have everyone cheering for them, although I think they have more and more support. It's probably a really good thing that they were not given universal acceptance and cheering. If they had, I doubt that they would have had their ideas challenged enough to move out of their cult OSA indoctrination. Yes we should know what we want justice for. They could probably help us with that.

I like you too.

Actually this has been a very very useful discussion for me so far.
You have helped me clarify in my own mind, my issues with M&M and other scientologists who leave, and who had high positions in the cult.
The important issue is information. Things should be divulged. Things should be investigated. If that could happen and were to happen, some might not be able to do it without incriminating themselves and others. And that's why it doesn't happen.
If it is a case of having throwing accusations at people for supposed crimes that did not happen, then a bit of talk about what did happen would shed some light on things. but going back to what I was talking about at the beginning, the cult and OSA in particular are known for their activities. I wouldn't expect that if M&M wrote a true account of how they served the cult that it would be just about answering telephones and shuffling paper.
People have a right to keep asking them what they did there...even if they refuse to answer.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . focus attention away from Miscavige's crimes by shining the spotlight on the crimes of Rinder and Rathbun . . .

I'm not sure Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder's crimes are separate from David Miscavige's crimes, all of which, in turn, have been perpetrated to cover up L Ron Hubbard's original crime of fraud - just ask Belgium, France, Germany and Russia. Such a suggestion, and the resulting narrowing of focus, seems a way to minimise the central crime which the Indie Dependents, led my the M&M Show are all trying to do. Setting tasks for a person to complete in order to prove to you that they are not OSAOSAOSA is meaningless. Its a bit like the "say Xenu" test because, as we know, an OSA operative has permission to say and do anything for the "greater good".

Purple Rain

Crusader
I like you too.

Actually this has been a very very useful discussion for me so far.
You have helped me clarify in my own mind, my issues with M&M and other scientologists who leave, and who had high positions in the cult.
The important issue is information. Things should be divulged. Things should be investigated. If that could happen and were to happen, some might not be able to do it without incriminating themselves and others. And that's why it doesn't happen.
If it is a case of having throwing accusations at people for supposed crimes that did not happen, then a bit of talk about what did happen would shed some light on things. but going back to what I was talking about at the beginning, the cult and OSA in particular are known for their activities. I wouldn't expect that if M&M wrote a true account of how they served the cult that it would be just about answering telephones and shuffling paper.
People have a right to keep asking them what they did there...even if they refuse to answer.

Same, db. Talking about it is helping me to crystallise my own feelings and views on the subject. It really isn't simple and clear cut or black and white. It's kind of complex. And I do respect your views and find it helpful to hear them whether I ultimately agree or not. But my opinions are not set in stone. I'm still questioning I guess, and trying to figure out what I believe about it all.

TG1

Angelic Poster
I'm not sure Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder's crimes are separate from David Miscavige's crimes, all of which, in turn, have been perpetrated to cover up L Ron Hubbard's original crime of fraud - just ask Belgium, France, Germany and Russia. Such a suggestion, and the resulting narrowing of focus, seems a way to minimise the central crime which the Indie Dependents, led my the M&M Show are all trying to do. Setting tasks for a person to complete in order to prove to you that they are not OSAOSAOSA is meaningless. Its a bit like the "say Xenu" test because, as we know, an OSA operative has permission to say and do anything for the "greater good".

Why so coy, Infinite?

No matter. I'll return the ball: What central crime are the Indie Dependents, led by the M&M Show all trying to do?

TG1