Marty: The Scientology Reformation

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by Zhongjianren, Sep 15, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Zhongjianren

Zhongjianren Patron with Honors

The Scientology Reformation
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/the-scientology-reformation/

2. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Thus sayeth the unreformed reformer.

3. SpecialFrog

SpecialFrog Silver Meritorious Patron

I'm not sure Marty will like that book as much as he thinks he will.

There's nothing about Independent Scientology or reform in it and almost nothing about Rathbun other than his role in the IRS stuff and the CNN interview.

4. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

Marty should consider the progress of the Reformation in Christianity.

In the Middle Ages the old Catholic (universal) church, still dragging clouds of glory from its pagan past, was still brain-washing the faithful, screwing their last mites out of widows and orphans, living on the fat of the land and corrupt down to its toenails.

Along come the Reformers who believed that if men could only read the Bible in their own language it would set them free. These Reformers were still Christians. Indeed, such as Wyclif and Luther were still Catholic priests, albeit working outside the organisation which banned them to Hell and back. In other words they were INDIES.

A relatively short time later, what do we find? Not yet in the United States where freedom to practice one's religion has historical roots that are very similar to those that support the right to carry guns. But in Europe, people read the Book now so kindly translated into their own language, and eventually most of them realised it was a bad translation of something totally irrelevant. And gave up on the whole thing and went their way rejoicing.

Change happens a lot faster these days. Marty should realise that Reformers are liable to get Reformed.

5. Veda

Veda Sponsor

BESMIRCHING OF L. RON HUBBARD'S GOOD NAME IS DISCOURAGED BY MAINSTREAM SCHOLARS

Marty's doing his best to prove that Hubbard was right when he called human beings Homo Saps.:yes:

6. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

There is no Scientology Reformation. It's just a PR line. Same as there's no reform of Marty. Marty's reform would begin when he helps Gerry and Keith.

7. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Re: BESMIRCHING OF L. RON HUBBARD'S GOOD NAME IS DISCOURAGED BY MAINSTREAM SCHOLARS

Yes, Marty a-la-Hubbard is going to try to capture the world and "slam his name into history"

Meanwhile, DM feels like he owned the world that Marty is trying to steal.

DM, with at least a billion dollars in backing, all of OSA, hordes of PI's, and busloads of "volunteers" ( aka Aussie SO Staff ) and a history of violence sends in.....get ready for it............. .............a paddleboat & an electric golf cart....:omg:

Nah, nothing rotten smelling there is there?

8. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Nah, I'll take hell freezing over first over a step towards "reform" by Marty.

9. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

Re: BESMIRCHING OF L. RON HUBBARD'S GOOD NAME IS DISCOURAGED BY MAINSTREAM SCHOLARS

(my emphasis)
    :wink2: :biggrin: :lol: :dieslaughing: :bwahaha:

10. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

And Marty, The Deliverer cast his eyes about the World and saideth unto the Flock, “See, I am right and righteous. Excalibur has been wrested from the stone and shall striketh down the Pretender to the Magik Boots in the Sky.”

And the Flocking Minions chanted, “Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!! Hip, Hip, H-o-o-r-a-y!!!!!!”

And so it came to pass that the Punks, SP’s and PTS’s--the Haters--that spaketh venemous and vile utterances for decades were marginalized and the Sole Psychotic Evil Doer was put to the sword and, thusly, The Words and Legacy of Source was saved by the Rath of Rathbun and his Posse.

And verily from Target II El Ron Elray looked on and saw that it was good.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  11. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I only read the comments by Rathbun, and just read the article by Tony Ortega. Rathbun, as usual, is portraying himself as a martyr, while playing to his followers; at the same time he's playing to Tony Ortega of the Village Voice. It's interesting that Rathbun praises Chuck Beatty. Rathbun couldn't care less about Chuck Beatty, but he knows that Tony Ortega likes him. As for the scholars, the CofS has been wining and dining and sometimes hiring them for decades. Seems as though Marty wants to get in on the act. Same old manipulative stench that comes from a place where "numbers of saps" produced + decrease in the "besmirching of L. Ron Hubbard's good name" is the main "stat." Marty's next move may be to find himself a "scholar" who he can fit into his back pocket. Scientology marches on.

12. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

He's full of ARC for anyone he thinks he can hitch to his wagon. Privately, he's likely to despise some of them. No problem there. It's Scientology :thumbsup:

13. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

It’s been said by many other ESMBers before but…Scns biggest problem is that they are losing current members faster than they are getting new ones, especially those with bucks.

They know this and DM is painfully aware of it and can’t find a solution for it. There’s just too much cat out of the bag and the Brand is irreversibly broken.

The short term “stats” they get from the NOI “mini-merger” cuts their throat over the long term.

The amount of critics, active “Squirrels” in the field and government scrutiny is the only International “Stat” they have that is in Affluence, on its way to Power.

Face :)

14. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

Marty "Luther King" Rathbun is reforming the Church? :omg:

15. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

Too early in the morning to post and I can't find how to edit my last post (above) yet ...:unsure:

I meant 'Marty "Luther" Rathbun', not Luther King!

16. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Reformed Scientology: now with moar Xenu!

17. pollywog

pollywog Patron with Honors

Okay, I admit now to my stupidity. Don't you need books and stuff to study scientology? Where does the reformation movement get its literature? People who were "in" and have left the organization would have some of the stuff, but where would a new recruit get their materials? Or don't you even really need the books etc. to be a scientologist? I was just thinking about copyrights and all... Just asking. ( And I really AM sorry if this is a dumb question.)

18. Django

Django Patron

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...11&_nkw=scientology&_sacat=See-All-Categories

19. pollywog

pollywog Patron with Honors

Django (and sorry for not including the quote. F'ing iPad sucksssss!). Thanks for your reply.

But then what about this statement from the comments section at Tony Ortega's blog (Mike Rinder entry)...

Comment: "... will get all their stuff off of eBay?" ...

Response: "Not even a need for ebay.  The books should be free on the kindle, according to most indie scientologists."

Do you know if that's true?

20. Bill

Bill Silver Meritorious Patron

The Scientology Reformation is a lie. By definition, "reformation" is squirrelling and that isn't possible, at least not by a True Believer.

Marty is not going to lead the Scientology reformation, he is going to enforce Scientology's resistance to change -- now with better window dressing.