Mike Rinder’s Open Letter To His Family

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by Rudabaga, May 25, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Rudabaga

Rudabaga Patron

2. skydog

skydog Patron Meritorious

Rambling and disjointed. Another example of the church's superior quality of education. Now Mike needs to take an english class in the wog world so people will understand what the fuck he is saying.

3. Rudabaga

Rudabaga Patron

Yes. It's poorly written, jumbled and meandering. But I thought it might be of interest in any case.

4. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

5. Alanzo

Alanzo Banned

I think it is important to copy/paste the whole thing here before he changes it.:

6. Alanzo

Alanzo Banned

It's a great picture of the labyrinth of the Scientology Mindset.

All the convoluted justifications, using LRH policy in a maze of insane twists and perversions, trying to explain the injustice of it all within a system that was created to produce it.

I remember when I used to think like that.

This is so sad and frustrating.

I remember that sadness, and that frustration.

You have to step out of the Scientology mindset to see what is actually happening. You will never be able to figure out what is happening as long as you are using Scientology to "think with".

7. Feral

Feral Rogue male

For fucks sake.

This letter is completely understandable to me. It's not a communication to the critic community but his family. He's talking personally and I guess I get it because they are all known to me.

What I see here is a world of hurt billowing out between the lines.

Can you imagine being hidden in the bilges while you mum finishes OTVIII (truth revealed) yet you know the truth and she doesn't?

What about being a leading exec and key speaker for the church while being repeatedly declared and doing A to E?

CofS; it's so ironic it's painful.

8. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

He still thinks LRH discovered a technology that makes OT's, Clears fiticious reactive minds and is the road out of this universe to native state.

But I think he's doing a fair job on DM.

9. Miss Penguin

Miss Penguin Patron with Honors

It makes perfect sense to me. I really do hope at least his brother Andrew reads it.

I can't imagine being hidden from running into my mom like that. Many of us have and continue to loose family because of this kind of insanity.

10. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

"But, like with everything in the church today, I do understand the position you are in and what you are required to do"

Tell us about it Mike... Tell us how 10 years and 20 years ago, how you weren't 'requiring' this of others. Oh no, it's 'new'.

Tell us about your claims that Cynthia Kisser was a stripper, then admitting it was a lie then claiming it again.

Tell us Mike.

You ludicrous piece of shit liar.

Zinj

11. Kha Khan

Kha Khan Patron Meritorious

12. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

I give ya that Kevin, but further down that page is Marty's Memoriam to Jorge
    Arroyo. How many more people will commit suicide under the CoS influence?

Why hasn't the RTC been charged? The USA Justice department needs to wake up.

13. Feral

Feral Rogue male

All agreed, and in Aus much to some peoples horror we've been pushing forward on that sort of expose.

But in this case I back Mike Rinder in what he's doing here and would love to see him get his family to realise that they are pawns in DM's game.

I'm very happy to see Mike as an advocate for ending disconnection.

14. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

He isn't

As you should well know. Which is why you're posting *here* and not 'there'. Where you are a 'hater'.

Zinj

15. FrankBooth

FrankBooth Patron with Honors

Cry me a river Marty. What does Mark Fisher have to say about the PI's you had on his ass for over a decade that you merely laugh about??

Or was that just C of M too? Get stuffed, asshole.

16. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Here is a direct link, for when the next article comes out, it will claim the main page.
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/mike-rinders-open-letter-to-his-family/

I thought this was a good personal letter, and considering it is his only means of communicating with those who are disconnected from him, I give it a pass. I found it contains some very insightful information - especially on DM's "inurement",

"I asked you Andrew if you knew what inurement was. Hopefully by now you have had the good sense to look it up. Miscavige is guilty a hundred times over. And that could bring about the demise of the Church. He knows it, but he thinks he is above the law (as well as policy) and can outsmart anyone. He can’t. "

That is the key to closing down the church. The IRS must investigate reports of "inurement" and can remove tax exempt status if "inurement" is found.

[..]IRC 501(c)(3) provides exemption from federal income tax for organizations that are "organized and operated exclusively" for religious, educational, or charitable purposes. The exemption is further conditioned on the organization being one "no part of the net income of which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual." [..]

More on Inurement for IRS Tax Exempt purposes explained here

This letter by Mike Rinder is going to be so helpful :D

17. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

No. Inurement isn't the answer. Marty says it is, but, that's not surprising. The bodies are. Scientology *has* murdered people. Marty knows. He'd be happy to plead guilty to a quickie paint job on tax exempt funds.

Marty knows where the bodies are.

Zinj

18. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Agreed, Kev. How Mike is approaching it is very much the way we have approached people from Sydney, to get them to look and wake up enough to look further (except that we haven't positioned LRH or Scn the way Mike has, but then we don't sit where Mike sits) - Ya gotta start somewhere, and in my mind it's best to start with what ya know they could see, 'cause it's right in front of their face. I think the letter itself is a good one, given who he is communicating to.

HOWEVER, there'd be little or no need for a letter like this, if Mike blew the lid off the CofS with what he knows. Mike is one who does know and he could do it. If he really wants to save his family and others, then the way for him to do it would be to put *them* before his desire to save the Church and Scientology, and expose the truth to the world at large - To that degree, this letter is a farce.

19. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

^^^^^
    Zinj

20. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I disagree. Inurement is the key to getting rid of the US IRS tax exemption, a very difficult but necessary thing to do. Dead bodies don't count at the IRS. Only the law and the law is very specific and very restricted on what the IRS can do to remove that status.

As Tikk pointed out on his blog

[..] The IRS makes clear its policy against inurement in a host of places, but explains the policy best in its publication, Tax Guide For Churches and Religious Organizations. The IRS first distinguishes between inurement and “private benefit,” and the distinction is meaningful. Inurement occurs where church funds benefit “insiders,” which could include “the minister, church board members, officers, and in certain circumstances, employees.” Inurement is absolutely prohibited: “[A]ny amount of inurement is, potentially, grounds for loss of tax-exempt status.” [..]

Hit them where it hurts financially. In the bank and the stats.

Goes right along with this April 01, 2008 video
    Strategy for Anonymous vs Scientology
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6eNyBrQUKs

Last edited: May 25, 2010