Mike Rinder's brother Andrew on Opening of Scientology Sydney Continental Org

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by CommunicatorIC, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Mike Rinder's brother Andrew on Opening of Scientology Sydney Continental Org.

Mike Rinder: The Kool Aid Drunks
    http://www.mikerindersblog.org/sydney-2/

Excerpt:
    Leaked e-mail:
    EDITED TO ADD:

FWIW, I find Mike's post poignant. It can't easy to confront the fact that your brother is "the poster child for KoolAid drunks."

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  2. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I particularly like one poignant sentence in that promo letter:

"An Ideal Org IS an island of sanity."

def

Island of Sanity -idiom. 1. A safe space where delusional cult members can be efficiently bankrupted by predatory cult salesman who promise them non-existent supernatural states.

3. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

yup

4. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

5. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Most of the Aussies know Andrew.
    He's not a bad dude at all, just misguided in his Beliefs. :)

6. Rmack

Rmack Van Allen Belt Sunbather

Without being distracted by outside sources of non-sanity.

7. Gib

Gib Crusader

most of the comments stated on Mike's blog state that.

if one cares to read them.

8. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Those poor deluded souls, living in their alternate reality. :sad:

May they wake up soon.

9. Karen#1

Karen#1 Gold Meritorious Patron

10. Panda Termint

I doubt that he had much choice in that matter, Karen. What a terrible thing it is when scientology sets family members against each other.

11. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Or allows them to die.

12. HelluvaHoax!

The above 2 posts made me wonder: What were you last lifetime, a Nuremberg Trial defense attorney?

Let me guess number #3: He was just following [STRIKE]orders[/STRIKE] the command channel?

13. BunnySkull

BunnySkull Silver Meritorious Patron

Also, things are different today thanks to the Internet. Andrew is choosing to remain ignorant and in the thrall of the cult. He could simply get on the Internet, which he carries around access to in his pocket everyday, or better yet listen to his own damn brother who worked closely with DM for decades! He thinks DM, who has disappeared every notable CoS exec and his own wife, is to be believed over his own brother?!! He purposely prevented Mike from visiting his dying mother. Sad and inexcusable. His brother has smacked him in the face with the reality of CoS yet he continues to close his eyes to the truth and follow DM's marching orders.

14. David C Gibbons

David C Gibbons Ex-Scientology Peon

See, Dave, that's the wonderful thing: when you have no scruples, or are in mortal fear, you can do things like turning family members against each other without a second thought. That's the danger of dealing with Scientologists - they may look like decent people, and they may talk a good game, but they may do the most disgusting things because they believe their cause is just, or because they are in mortal fear of retribution from Scientology itself, or both.

Of course, this situation is not unique to Scientology, various cults or 'religious leaders' have manipulated their followers for millennia to commit the most heinous of crimes in the name of [fill in the blank], or in fear of eternal [fill in the blank].

The difference now is that more people are seeing what Scientology is really like because of places like this on the internet, and that is helping to break the power of Scientology over its followers. One can only hope that the internet is also helping break the power of Imams, 'Christian', 'Buddhist' , or any other spiritual leader who abuses faith to harm others, or cause others to harm others.

Faith is incredibly powerful, and incredibly dangerous. When someone like Hubbard, Miscavage, or their lieutenants abuses it, the results are appalling, as we have seen.

15. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

Interesting contradiction. Good times had by all.

16. HelluvaHoax!

LOL

Another glaring contradiction in Panda's posts (above) is this:

(quoting)

"I'd have thought it was obvious that anyone who stuck at scientology for any length of time must have, at least, thought that (they) were getting something of value in exchange for their time and money."

"ESMB, these days, seems to be mostly peopled by posters who've written the whole thing off as a bad experience, those who got little or nothing from scientology and/or those reluctant to even answer up questions about any benefits they think they may have received through their participation in scientology."

Imagine for a moment that the cult being discussed was not Scientology but, instead, Jim Jones' "Peoples Temple".

The members of that suicide cult also thought "they were getting something of value in exchange for their time and money".

But at least Panda is 1/2 right. The 909 members who died at Jonestown (including over 300 children who were murdered) are "reluctant to even answer up questions about any benefits".

However, there appears to be a good reason why they are "reluctant to answer up".

17. Panda Termint

Hey, I have an idea!
    Instead of Redemption and Forgiveness this Easter let's all do some Panda Bashing! :hysterical:

18. Gib

Gib Crusader

funny.

dude, you opened up pandora's box. :hysterical:

But no matter, I luv yah, as a friend and for posting. :thumbsup:

19. Panda Termint

Thanks, mate. Yes, I did open it up by being so damn reasonable about those pesky scientologists and allowing that many people get something out of their time in scientology. That's just me being reasonable and making allowances for people. I do that all the time here on ESMB. :)

20. Panda Termint

No, were you one of those steely-eyed Prosecutors? :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.