Narconon caught paying big salaries while most clubbed seals volunteer for NOTHING!

Discussion in 'Narconon, Drug Free World, and Other Anti-drug Fro' started by Knows, Apr 19, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Heh Scientology volunteers and OSA bots that are not paid with Scientology blood money and think no one gets paid - Here are some facts.

If you are an OSA Bot taking blood money - shame on you if you are accepting money from this evil cult - people have been financially ruined - don't take any more money OSA Bots and get out of this cult - just leave!

Get a load of Tony Ortega's new "release" this am...Narconon is paying some big salaries!

Scientology tax return of the day
    We have a great one for you today. It’s the 990 of Narconon Vista Bay in Watsonville, California. Business was good in 2012 at the Scientology drug rehab facility, which took in $12 million in revenue.
    But what really caught our eye are the substantial salaries being paid Vista Bay’s executives. It turns out deceiving potential patients about Narconon’s connection to Scientology is a pretty lucrative pursuit.

Vista Bay president Daniel Manson was paid $303,175 in salary and other compensation.

Daniel’s wife and executive director Angie Manson made $287,919 and you have to assume life is good at the Manson household, with more than half a million in combined income that year.

Other salaries…

Kathi Horton, Treasurer: $104,860
    Nathan Tuddernham, Secretary: $135,779
    Matthew Guernaccini, Senior Dir. Production: $173,143
    Juan Carlos R. Ubillus, Senior Dir. Expansion: $157,959
    Dana Guernccini, Public Registration Supervisor: $129,668
    Michael DiPalma, Dir. Public Registration: $263,020
    Have a look yourself…

2012 Narconon Vista Bay 990 return

2. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Re: Narconon caught paying big salaries while most clubbed seals volunteer for NOTHIN

OK, so I know the US is the land of opportunity and all that, but the salaries being paid here are obscene.

A ‘non-profit’ organisation is paying salaries more akin to a decent-sized corporation? And the worst part is, we all know the ‘technology’ doesn’t work and in fact, kills.

Is there no oversight of this type of operation? In the UK, the Charities Commission would, I think, take a very dim view of any organisation claiming charitable (and tax-free) status and filling the trough for its top executives in such a way. How can they say they are ‘non-profit’ when clearly the whole point is to fleece vulnerable people and make a few rich?

Axiom142

3. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Re: Narconon caught paying big salaries while most clubbed seals volunteer for NOTHIN

It makes me wonder if the other Narconons pay their execs similarly?

Further, couldn't all of those execs be prosecuted for inurement?

Mimsey

4. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I doubt that many Narconons are getting anything like that income. Certainly not outside of the United States.

5. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

They are very ABLE thetans. Never say "I doubt that...." when it comes to the cult :coolwink:

6. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

It seems to me that the questions that need to be answered are:

Who are these people?

What is their relationship to Scn/Miscavige?

Who determined that they receive six figure salaries?

This does not happen in a vacuum.

Many more questions than answers here.

7. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Narconon Vista Bay ED Video 2011 Excerpt -- Video made by and for staff at Vista Bay ( Narconon Northern California ) which shows what they really think of their jobs and helping people. Worth every second of time to watch. Keep an eye out for their medical director Dr. Stephen Stein aka Dr. Steven Stein aka 'the pimp' in this video.

Narconon Money Money Money Fraud ( Mirror of original Narconon Vista Bay ED Video 2011 )
    [video=youtube_share;hBCuQc5f6uE]http://youtu.be/hBCuQc5f6uE[/video]

8. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

These huge salaries could be used to extract as much money as possible to benefit COS without having to pay taxes.

Of course Narconon first has to pay COS the usual 10% for using LRH trademarks and such.

Above that, Narconon can deduct the salaries from their turnover [besides other costs] so it does not make a profit.

The individual who gets the salary may be able to give CO$ donations and what not and deduct these donations from the salary, so he doesn't have to pay income tax on biggest part of his salary.

Of course you can only use this trick with the most indoctrinated members.

Don't know about US tax law, but if I had to run a scam in the Netherlands, this is how I would do it. :biggrin:

9. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you DB - that is so true. If you have a thought that things are bad in Scientology but suppressed it...get it back again....and times it by 1,000,000 and just have total certainty that it is ALWAYS worse than you think! Shockingly worse! Out of body experience kind of worse!:yes:

These salaries shocked me 3 feet back of my head! (The phone rings and it's OSA who are demading me to pay lots money for that one!):wink2:

10. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Michael DiPalma, Dir. Public Registration: $263,020​

The reg is raking in buckets more than the others. I bet a lot of that is commissions.

Paul

11. chipgallo

chipgallo Patron Meritorious

The video itself is amateurish and could not be hosted on the U.S. Youtube site due to copyright infringements on the music they used. It must have been intended for distribution directly to other NarCONon staff and potential recruits for motivation, but for outsiders it has unintended comedic and shock value.

12. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

Axiom, I can tell you for a stone cold fact that people at that kind of regional position in an American Fotune 500 or legit charity would not be making near that money. The president is making almost as much as the president of the entire American Red Cross, who makes somewhere between $400 and $500 K. (That is still an obscene amount for a charity, but at least it's for an entire country). A regional sales director with a territory about half the US for Big Pharma would be making $250 -$300K. These salaries are out of line even for the private sector.

13. Intentionally Blank

Intentionally Blank Scientology Widow

It's important to note in US tax law "non-profit" or "not for profit" does not mean the organization cannot show an profit on the income statement or that it can't pay market rate salaries to employees. What non-profit means profits are not distributed to shareholders but instead are reinvested in the organization to further the aims of the church/charity/etc. http://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/not-for-profit.asp http://www.inc.com/articles/1999/10/14703.html

The interesting question is whether or not above market salaries.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...ble-compensation-nonprofit-key-employees.html

Blanky

14. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron