I just got a Mark V a few days ago and noticed the battery needed to be replaced. In a stroke of brilliance I decided I would use Nickel Metal Hydride Cell instead of Nickel Cadmium Cells. To make a long story short, I disintegrated a resistor on the circuit board while the battery was recharging. I smelled it burn up when I was flipping some of the switches while the meter was plugged into a 120V outlet. I didn't know what it was at first. But once the batteries were charged and needle was unresponsive to any switch save "test" and "sensitivity," then I knew I had a problem. I posted two photos of the circuit board. In the circled area are two points where the resistor once was. The close up shows two arrows pointing to two holes that should be bridged by a resistor. If anyone knows what resistor I need to solder back in there, it would be most helpful.