What's new

New Independent: Mike Wilson

I can't help but think that people who have been in the cult for umpteen years, paid thousands and thousands of dollars for sec checks, been forced to disconnect from various people, screwed for donations all the time, and only just seen the light are:

Not very bright.

So that's who Marty Rathbuns followers are made up from.

Right. And the ones that are swimming in cash have ACCESS. Access to education, access to educated people, access to ideas.......but they miss all the information, for years and years that tells them they are being milked like a big lazy, stupid cash cow. Not very bright.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great stuff re: Willie B. Jachss, HH and Panda...luv it! :hysterical:

Re: Healed vs. Heeled...Yeuh know, of cuers, I ment to to say that.:blush:

Face:)

TG1

Angelic Poster
Smilla, I think it's a question instead of how smothered you are by the church when you're in and how hard it is to get far enough away for long enough to get a new perspective on things.

Think of the different ways a person would be smothered by these things:

1. Is or was on staff or never was?
2. Married to a Scientologist or not?
3. Have children who are in the cult or not?
4. Work for a Scientology company or not?
5. Work with Scientologists or don't?
6. Have friends who are all Scientoloists or some who aren't?
7. Have serious avocations that are supported by or aligned with Scientology or aren't?
8. Are doing well in life or aren't?
9. Were ever or staff or weren't?
10. Have relatively "good" experiences while in the church or were treated like shit?
11. Hang around sassy people who won't be bossed around or around "nice" people who never want to cause a fuss?
12. I can't think of a last one to make a dozen.

I'm sure there are many other conditions that could apply.

There are so many other circumstances besides one's own internal attributes that determine the life choices we make.

There are two kinds of people in the world: Us and Them. It's always satisfying to believe that They are stupider than Us. However, I have found life and people and issues are often (not always) more complex than that.

I have a very dear friend who is still "smothered" on six of the above listed conditions. And she won't break away from the Church because the family and social losses are more than she is willing to lose at age 65. She's plenty "bright." She's just done her own calculation to about what's most valuable to her. And her calculation is quite different from mine.

Unfortunately, I think she has now decided to disconnect from me because our relationship is too painful to her at the moment, reminding her of all the reasons she wishes she could leave. I really do get all that.

TG1

We can be well assured that anyone who remains in Scientology after 30 years has not been well-healed. LOL (fire your transcriptionist, Face!!) And doubtful they would still be well-connected, either, once they discovered the strange & scary truth about the real Scientology.

Interesting story about Willie B Wilson at Flag... When Willie was due for an extended stay at the FLB his wife had their Ft. Harrison room remodeled in advance, at their own expense. She showed me the glitzy new room when it was done, complete with gold-plated bathroom handles and spigots.

Fast forward to one fine day, while Willie B was getting daily auditing, he finally reached a point where he was ready or needed to leave Flag. But Flag was not "giving him permission". (Jesus! A grown man paying a fortune for counseling that HE elected to do has to get permission to leave!)

After getting royally jerked around on those famous Routing Forms and "C/S Approval" lines, Willie B. decided he had had quite enough of "total freedom" and called a taxi cab.

The cab pulled into the garage and as Willie B. loaded his suitcase, a number of other Scientology vehicles surrounded the taxi, blocking it from leaving. The frantic cab driver (being held captive by the cult while they attempted to "recover" Willie B) called the Clearwater police. The scene was chaos and yelling.

The Church failed to block the story from appearing in the Clearwater Sun newspaper the next day.

Just another lovely day at "the friendliest place on earth".

Not allowing Hubbard's Cult to assault you and hold you against your will while they shake you down for more money is a sure sign of a suppression person.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Smilla, I think it's a question instead of how smothered you are by the church when you're in and how hard it is to get far enough away for long enough to get a new perspective on things.

Think of the different ways a person would be smothered by these things:

1. Is or was on staff or never was?
2. Married to a Scientologist or not?
3. Have children who are in the cult or not?
4. Work for a Scientology company or not?
5. Work with Scientologists or don't?
6. Have friends who are all Scientoloists or some who aren't?
7. Have serious avocations that are supported by or aligned with Scientology or aren't?
8. Are doing well in life or aren't?
9. Were ever or staff or weren't?
10. Have relatively "good" experiences while in the church or were treated like shit?
11. Hang around sassy people who won't be bossed around or around "nice" people who never want to cause a fuss?
12. I can't think of a last one to make a dozen.

I'm sure there are many other conditions that could apply.

There are so many other circumstances besides one's own internal attributes that determine the life choices we make.

There are two kinds of people in the world: Us and Them. It's always satisfying to believe that They are stupider than Us. However, I have found life and people and issues are often (not always) more complex than that.

I have a very dear friend who is still "smothered" on six of the above listed conditions. And she won't break away from the Church because the family and social losses are more than she is willing to lose at age 65. She's plenty "bright." She's just done her own calculation to about what's most valuable to her. And her calculation is quite different from mine.

Unfortunately, I think she has now decided to disconnect from me because our relationship is too painful to her at the moment, reminding her of all the reasons she wishes she could leave. I really do get all that.

TG1

Thanks for your reply, and your points 1-11 are obviously valid, but I can give you number 12 - no problem:

12. Totally stupid, or not.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Great stuff re: Willie B. Jachss, HH and Panda...luv it! :hysterical:

Re: Healed vs. Heeled...Yeuh know, of cuers, I ment to to say that.:blush:

Face:)

:hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical:

At the Church of Hoaxology we have the full tech resolution for typos, as follows:

1. Assign transcriptionist Treason for 'betrayal after typing'.

2. Spot the SP that caused the mistake. It will always be a BT in your keyboard because aliens don't grow up using the QWERTY system.

3. R-factor the BT to get a new keyboard and get them to leave. If that doesn't work use Brut cologne on your hands because they really hate that and will blow.

4. Have your typist clay demo the Heeled to Healed Scale that registrars use to determine who in the vast ocean of prospects should be given the most time & admiration-bombing.

Well Heeled (Hot Prospect)
Whale (Prospect that can be closed by giving them a freedom medal or shiny lapel pin)
Ducks in a pond (easy to shoot)
Clam (oyster who has already had pearls removed)
Fish to fry (no money left for bridge but can be sold leather-bound book collections)
Other fish to fry (dilettantes that might still donate if you keep showing up at their home)
Well Healed (of being regged; place on ignore list)

Last edited: