New lawsuit: Narconon Sexual Abuse

Discussion in 'Narconon, Drug Free World, and Other Anti-drug Fro' started by DCAnon, Mar 10, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. DCAnon

DCAnon Silver Meritorious Patron

First there was the Sea Org forced abortions case, then Sea Org labor violations, then Kyle Brennan's wrongful death and the civil cases against the false arrests at Gold Base. Now this. :D 2009 is not a good year for the CoS legally.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/03/09/Florida_Man_Demands_$29K_Narconon_Refund.htm

MIAMI (CN) - A Florida man claims he endured "horrible and outlandish mistreatment" at a Narconon treatment center in Newport Beach, Calif. During his 3.5 days at the Scientology-affiliated center, Pablo Mendoza claims he was sexually assaulted by a male masseuse, profanely taunted by another student, and forced to scrub the kitchen because he is Hispanic.

Mendoza learned of Narconon through his brother, Adonis Mendoza, who found the center online, according to a lawsuit filed in Miami-Dade County Court. Narconon allegedly told Adonis that Pablo would have to fly out to California to treat his cocaine addition, even though Narconon has a treatment center in Clearwater, Fla.

Pablo, a Catholic, says Narconon pressured his brother into paying $29,000 for the 10-course medical treatment without disclosing its ties to the Church of Scientology. When Pablo arrived in California, he says the place was filthy, smoked-filled and freezing. He claims he was given pills that made him sick, and the staff refused to let him talk to anyone. He allegedly spent most of his time sitting on a "ripped up and broken couch."

He also says he was given a massage by a male instructor, who "rubbed his crotch on his hand and then Pablo Mendoza tucked his hands in."

"That was sexual abuse," says Pablo, who is married with children. "It was intolerable and unacceptable."

On his final day, Pablo says he was sitting with another student and a teacher, when the other student suddenly spread his legs and said, "I am gonna pull my dick out, I am going to jerk off and I'm gonna put the cum in your face." He claims the teacher "approved" this conduct.

Pablo called his brother and told him he wanted to go home, the suit claims. But Pablo and Adonis say Narconon refused to refund the "dubious and excessive" $29,000 program fee, despite Pablo's having attended only "1% of one program."

The Mendozas are represented by Frank Hollander.

2. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

I can't believe they didn't at least return his money.
    Another footbullet.

3. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Was this perhaps during a TR-0 Bullbating session, i.e. words only with no actual intention at all to do it? It makes a difference if it was and it is not stated! (I know you are quoting a newspaper story and I'm not asking you about it directly, DCAnon.)

Paul

4. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

If a person is only there 3 days and coming off whatever drug he/she was on, I can't imagine being in any state of mind to put up with TRs. As a "seasoned" Scn, I didn't like some of the tactics pulled on me while doing TRs. Take a person that isn't "seasoned" and that is technically sexual harassment in the state of CA.

5. DCAnon

Doesn't matter if it's a bullbait session. What the CoS doesn't seem to realize is that this kind of behavior in a professional setting, especially by someone perceived as an authority figure is sexual harassment. In fact, if this was a bullbait session, it's even better for his case. Having inappropriate sexual harassment in supposed therapy sessions shows that this isn't an isolated event but a widespread problem through the Narconon's practices.

Here's the criteria for non-workplace sexual harassment. Narconon would fit into therapist/social worker heading.
    http://www.discriminationattorney.com/lawyer-attorney-1287338.html

6. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Great info in that link.

7. Div6

Div6 Crusader

TR-0 Bullbait is a Training Routine for the training of auditors. It is a scientology training routine. NarConon claims to be "not-related".

So if it WAS part of a bullbaiting session it them speaks to the fraud of Narconon being an "unrelated entity".

8. Dulloldfart

Huh? Who is claiming what? I just looked at a Narconon website and it gives details of the programme based on stuff from L. Ron Hubbard, and says the trademarks are owned by ABLE Int. They might not have a Scientology cross blazing out of the home page but that is not the same as making some kind of official statement that they are "not related" to the CofS. It depends on what sort of relationship is being claimed or denied.

Paul

9. Dulloldfart

I'm not commmenting on the appropriateness of doing TRs at that time and place. I am pointing out that if they were doing TRs, it is irresponsible of the newspaper to give the impression that the guy was being threatened with what is probably a sexual felony and the staff member in charge, the "teacher", was totally fine about it.

Paul

10. Hell, it could have been just the reg cycle!

The Anabaptist Jacques

11. Dulloldfart

Nah. After a good reg cycle he would have been well and truly fucked.

Paul

12. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

sue the b@st@rds

:whistling: wonders what the 'out of court' settlement will be.

13. Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn Fountain Campbell Silver Meritorious Patron

:hysterical:

Lynn

14. klidov

klidov Silver Meritorious Patron

:D

15. Tom of Helatrobus

Tom of Helatrobus Patron Meritorious

This is another sign of the end. The end is near, I'm telling you!!!

16. HCObringOrder?

HCObringOrder? Silver Meritorious Patron

Exclusive locations?

So the Clearwater facility is only for friends of JT and TC??

17. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

More likely, like with any org, if you call them, they don't refer you to your closest org, but instead reg you to come to them for service, no matter what sort of hardship this might put you in, because THEY want the stat.

18. skydog

skydog Patron Meritorious

David Miscavige sucks

I understand that the lawsuit was settled and the plaintiff was refunded the $29,000 he had paid. According to his attorney, that is all that was being asked.

It is unlike Scientology to fold so quickly.

19. DCAnon

Haha, they couldn't risk another PR blow to their front organizations.

20. Twin A

Twin A Patron with Honors

So this guy spent 29,000 dollars to go to the Newport Beach Narconon, didn't do the program and wanted a refund.... and of course they didn't give it to him.... and now he's suing....

Oh my god, these Narconon Newport Beach people are IDIOTS, why didn't they give him the refund? Oh wait..... maybe..... they are sending their money to the Church of Scientology in Los Angeles, The Able International, so they Couldn't give him a refund, they'd already spent it... ?

This is more evidence of the corruption with regards to these Scientology "front groups," I hope as part of this law suit, they really get their books looked at and someone proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Narconon money flows to a corporate Scientology group somewhere.

The price has gone up, it used to only cost 25,000 to get into the Newport Narconon. Maybe it will go up even more after this, or maybe, Narconon will get smart and stop sending so much money to Narconon Int and Able Int that is not managing them correctly any way, hire a doctor, revamp their program, and get mal practise insurance.

I heard a story about a guy in Columbia who got hooked on herion, the ex addict told me this story with a big grin on his face, he was a character, anyway... his father found out he was hooked on heroin and so father sent him to a brothel to detox :coolwink: The prostitutes took him in and took turns looking after him, it didn't cost 25,000 dollars, the women at the brothel helped out for free AND the son, certainly wasn't wanting to sue them for sexual harassment afterwards :whistling: