New - looking for information 1970's Cali

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tuvalu, Jul 27, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Tuvalu

Tuvalu New Member

There is a long back story with all this - but basically - I am searching for members who might have knowledge about Scientology in southern california and specifically Guadalajara/Jalisco Mexico.
    My late father in law (Bruce Allnutt ) was deeply into Scientology in the late 60's and 70's - AFTER being involved with the OTO (Ordo Templi Orientis) in the early 60's. My husband was only a small child at the time and was taken to the canery islands (possibly for the boat thing? The dates work out) . My husband hardly remembers or talks about this - or his involvement in Est/Forum/Landmark in the 80's and 90's. We are struggling in our marriage and he seem traumatized. I finally got him into the best therapist I could possibly find - but i am scared that EMDR and some of those approaches could be triggering him. i am on a treasure hunt to find his history. I have the hand written Audits in volumes his step father wrote back in the 60's - and thanks to his mother and grandmother - I have a lot of details about his upbringing - but they have only ever barely mentioned the fact that they spent 3 decades involved in Scientology Est/Forum/landmark. So I cannot get information from them. There is so much secrecy... its seeping into our rather mainstream nuclear family life :'(
    I am hoping the kindness of strangers here could help me put the clues together - and help my husband heal from this that is clearly still haunting him.
    Thank you so much for your courage and speaking out.
    Cheers
    Tu'

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  2. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Hi and welcome.

Your husband was brought into Scientology as a child, and didn't do anything wrong, and need not feel haunted.

Maybe this brief overview and its links - which recognize both the positives and the negatives - will be of some use. Ex Scientologist - The Scientological Onion

There's content on ESMB on all the topics you mentioned, even EST, etc. Takes a while to search through it though.