New member. Currently reading Dianetics...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bonaqua, Sep 6, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

If scientology was a load of boring bollocks and Hubbard produced nonsensical garbage, I can't understand what you were doing there in the first place. Can you enlighten me?

2. Ali Shibaz

Ali Shibaz Fuck Scientology

You don't have to take any drugs to innoculate yourself. All you have to do is tell them you once did.

Even better, if you tell them that you get terrible headaches and must take some kind of drug daily (like Codeine), they won't have anything to do with you.

They will try to talk you out of taking those drugs. But as long as you insist you will never stop taking the meds you need, they will just leave you alone. At least I think that is true.

That's what I did with them and it worked pretty good. You should have heard the ridiculous crap they told me about why I had to stop taking all drugs. But I just kept repeating "no" and I figure that probably saved me half a million dollars and about 30 years out of my life.

Fuck Scientology!

3. Ali Shibaz

Certainly! Some of us were hoping to meet a nice girl (or boy) and get laid. Or else we had some other motive that had nothing to do with the idiotic shit they were selling.

4. DonParker70

DonParker70 New Member

LRH was never able to produce even one person that he described as "clear" in Book One Dianetics. As I remember, Hubbard was lying and saying that he already had some 270 cases who invariably had full visio and sonic recall, did not get colds, did not have any accidents through any fault of their own, had perfect eyesight and other senses that they didn't have before...etc. Get real! There was no real research at all let alone peer-reviewed research. LRH pulled all of those ideas out of his arse and had nothing to back it up then and certainly not now. I was a really good Book One auditor for a time. I believed that bullshit too..Until I saw it for what it really was.

5. Ali Shibaz

If you don't want to get colds, I will tell you something that has worked for me. I have not had a single cold now in the past 40 years.

Forty years ago, I thought of a silly theory that colds were the body's way of eliminating a certain kind of toxin. I wondered what was the most like source of those toxins and I thought the growth hormones put into meat products - beef and chicken - especially.

I became a vegetarian and have not had a cold since.

Could this be just a silly co-incidence? Of course it could! But I thought I'd tell you all in any case. Just in case you'd like to try it. I think you have to give it a few months though before the colds stop. You may have some of those toxins already in your system so even after becoming a vegetarian, it may take a few months before you stop having the colds.

Good luck all and ... umm .... Fuck Scientology!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  6. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I stopped eating meat over 10 years ago and I still get colds, although rarely. But I haven't seen a doctor in all that time and I never take medicines of any kind so I think that going veggie was right for me.

7. exbritscino

exbritscino Patron with Honors

"Nonsensical garbage and boring bollocks" is the way I see it now, and often when I was in.
    I was kept in using the donkey and carrot technique. Waiting for the amazing results to make me into a super being, just like I was promised "on the next level"
    After I left the cult I found a lot of people were of the same thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. DonParker70

DonParker70 New Member

That was exactly my experience. I read Dianetics and I wanted to believe that shit. I was a cultie. I wanted to hear and read and believe everything Hubbard put out. I'm 23 years out of the cult now. I was a true believer and first "clue" came after I joined the Sea Org. I left there and never went back.

9. strativarius

My thoughts are that you must have a super-efficient immune system. I think it's pretty well established that colds and 'flu' are caused by viruses and haven't really got much to do with toxins in the body.

Personally I wouldn't mind getting the odd cold now and again if it was the price I'd have to pay to indulge in a nice tender delicious sirloin steak from time to time. :biggrin:

10. DonParker70

DonParker70 New Member

If drugs are really needed then so be it. The drug companies are the only legal cartel. You can't patent a natural substance so the drug lords have to come up with chemicals that are foreign to the body. No wonder there are so many side effects. Most often they only relieve the ailment and don't really treat or cure it.

Fuck Scientology!

11. strativarius

Well, I met several nice girls and I f****d pretty well all of them. (Or I f****d them all pretty well, depending on your point of view). LOL.

As far as the drugs went it was well-known that I was an inveterate dope fiend and had taken loads of acid, but it didn't stop them recruiting me into the Sea Org.

Too much information? Oh well, too bad, I always was a gobby bastard.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 10:03 AM
  12. screamer2

screamer2 One Wealthy-Ass Son-of-a-Bitch

:footbullet:

13. Irayam

Irayam Patron with Honors

Aaaah... the famous next level!!
    I was also wondering about this famous next level (the most efficient level on the bridge, by the way...) when I was in the cult.

Irayam