What's new

New - not a Scio but have friends who are...

Blues Mama

Patron
Hi all -

I am not a Scientologist, nor an ex, but I have people that I care about who are, and watching some of them lose their money and their families has made me want to know what's going on with Scientology, and do what I can to be there for them if they decide to leave. I've been reading these boards - and any information on the Net - for years as a lurker, but I am to the point where I would like to connect with the this community. I'm staying anonymous on the board because I don't want to take a chance that they would disconnect with me. The ones I know are very good people and it breaks my heart to see them taken advantage of because they truly want to make the world a better place, and I'd like to be in a place to be helpful to them if they leave.

Reading all your stories, I am stunned by the way that a so-called 'religion' would treat its parishioners, and amazed and humbled by the courage of those people who go public with their stories at what has to be a great cost to themselves, in the hopes of helping others to escape from these life-destroying predators and thieves. My husband and I were invited to play at 'Songwriter Showcases' by the Celebrity Centre years ago and I could not bring myself to go in. I stayed in the garishly palatial bathroom/lounge while he went in to the show, and while I was there, hiding in a stall, I saw a white-shirted, black-skirted woman come in with a sobbing teenage girl; she was telling the girl that she would have to break up with her boyfriend and disconnect from her family because they did not approve of her involvement in Scientology. The poor girl was just crying and crying.

Anyhow, I hope you don't mind another 'wog' on board, but I'd like to do what I can to stop good people from being robbed of their money, their freedom, and their lives. Best regards, Blues Mama

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'd like to do what I can to stop good people from being robbed of their money, their freedom, and their lives.

Hey Blues Mama! :happydance:

Welcome to ESMB. :welcome:

You're totally welcome here and many of us have the same purpose as you expressed above.

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
:welcome: Blues Mama!

Being a member of the board is a whole lot better than just lurking.

My best advice is to continue to let your friends know that you are there for them, maintain the best communication line possible, avoid negative statements about Scn, but be aware of their emotional states and look for the opportunity to ask them non-threatening questions about how things are going in their lives.

They may open up to you about their doubts and frustrations with the CoS at some point, and you could calmly probe and find out how much truth they are ready to hear. It is a process that should not be rushed, and there is no effective "one-size-fits-all" approach that will work for all.

Just go to where they are, try to understand their outlook as well as possible, and you may get a chance to ask them questions which will lead them on the path out.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Blues Mama

Hi all -

I am not a Scientologist, nor an ex, but I have people that I care about who are, and watching some of them lose their money and their families has made me want to know what's going on with Scientology, and do what I can to be there for them if they decide to leave. I've been reading these boards - and any information on the Net - for years as a lurker, but I am to the point where I would like to connect with the this community. I'm staying anonymous on the board because I don't want to take a chance that they would disconnect with me. The ones I know are very good people and it breaks my heart to see them taken advantage of because they truly want to make the world a better place, and I'd like to be in a place to be helpful to them if they leave.

Reading all your stories, I am stunned by the way that a so-called 'religion' would treat its parishioners, and amazed and humbled by the courage of those people who go public with their stories at what has to be a great cost to themselves, in the hopes of helping others to escape from these life-destroying predators and thieves. My husband and I were invited to play at 'Songwriter Showcases' by the Celebrity Centre years ago and I could not bring myself to go in. I stayed in the garishly palatial bathroom/lounge while he went in to the show, and while I was there, hiding in a stall, I saw a white-shirted, black-skirted woman come in with a sobbing teenage girl; she was telling the girl that she would have to break up with her boyfriend and disconnect from her family because they did not approve of her involvement in Scientology. The poor girl was just crying and crying.

Anyhow, I hope you don't mind another 'wog' on board, but I'd like to do what I can to stop good people from being robbed of their money, their freedom, and their lives. Best regards, Blues Mama

The link below provides one with some good tips on how to talk to a Scientologist.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/infopack/16.htm

James

Blues Mama

Patron
Wow - thanks so much!

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. James, that is a great link. I have been very careful not to criticize Scientology to my friends who are in; I know that it would not be helpful. I have been in a 12-step program for 25 years, and I know very well that attacking the 'addiction' only makes people cling to it harder and defend it more desperately. I do understand that they really believe that Scio makes (or will make) them more successful in life, and that they will be helping the world. But I sure am glad to be here where I can find out the truth and connect with people who have gotten out and rebuilt their lives. It gives me hope, and I just get beyond furious when I see how the greedy and power-hungry 'leaders' of this scam have sucked in and devastated the lives of so many people. Tax-exempt!!! I could spit. And, Free2Dream - yes, it is kind of nasty. But if it means Not-Scio, I'll take it! :p

Last edited:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: Blues Mama! That's too bad you have friends that are Scientologists. I understand. I have friends that are too. :melodramatic:

smartone

My Own Boss
Yes, welcome Blues Mama! You sound such a lovely person and it's great to have you here. Smart too. You knew not to get involved. Keep us posted on how it goes with your Scientology friends won't you.