New Staff Contract and Non-disclosure Agreement

Discussion in 'Important documents' started by aegerprimo, Feb 23, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. aegerprimo

aegerprimo Summa Cum Laude

The new staff contract (not billion-year Sea Org contract) along with a NDA was posted at Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker today. It is worth discussion here, and IMHO is another example of the paranoia of David Miscavige and the Co$. Does the church really think people are going to willingly sign away their First Amendment rights?

Here is a cut-and-paste of the text of the contract from the Underground Bunker...

Here is a cut-and-paste of the text of the NDA from the Underground Bunker...

2. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

I found this - the old 6 page: Enrollment/Application/Release. It's sort of a CYA contract. It's religious only, you hate psychiatry, the mission or org has no requirement to refund payments, all that good stuff: http://www.mediafire.com/view/k5s8cr1g0fk38b6/scientology-staff-contract.pdf

I stumbled upon this, too: A simple (cough) 16 page 'Agreement and General Release Regarding Spiritual Assistance'. http://www.mediafire.com/view/lzaeba6joy8py66/scientology-agreements_and_lack_of_rights.pdf

3. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

Talk about signing your life away and from a cult perspective, the attempt at your legal rights as well. :no:

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Patron

Thank you, dear Aeger.

This deserves wider scrutiny from the mainstream media (all due apologies to the 'fringes').
    Nothing says "Boy, do we have something to hide!" than a contract that up front threatens you against not only revealing its secrets...but even SAYING ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT IT AT ALL, even after you're out.

Yes, that's signing away your Constitutional rights. As far as I know, as long as a person is a US citizen, they can't "opt out" of the Constitution. :omg:

But IANAL. Please, can some legal minds weigh in here?

I'd love a breakdown of the contract - mostly, the NDA part - as to its legality and how it would stand up to a Constitutional challenge.

In addition, I'd like to warn ANY Scientologists still in - whether or not you still think your 'church' is the greatest thing since sliced bread - NEVER to sign one of these contracts. EVER.

If everybody refuses, there's nothing Dave can do about it except declare everyone. And he can't do that because HE NEEDS YOUR MONEY.

Once you sign a contract like this, you've essentially abdicated your freedom of choice. NOTHING is worth that.

The phrase y'all use is "SPIRITUAL FREEDOM." Um, the key to that is FREE. If you are enjoined from simply speaking your opinion or changing your mind about something - let alone, reporting any possible crimes that you might have witnessed - then you are anything but free.

5. Ral Z

Ral Z Patron

That liquidated damages clause is absolutely disgusting.

$25,000 per "disparaging" remark, per the very broad definitions given.

Reasonable my ass.

Anyone who signs this should be assumed to lack the mental capacity to contract.

6. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

A non-disclosure agreement CANNOT extend to making somebody keeping silent about criminal acts, particularly felonies. It's a long-standing legal principal that any contract involving the commission of a crime is null (for example, you cannot contract with somebody to commit a crime, and then sue him for not committing the agreed upon crime).

In federal law we have 18 U.S. Code § 4 - Misprision of felony:

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

There are similar state laws, under the headings of "obstruction of justice" and "Accessory after the fact".

Any person who threatens a former staff member with lawsuit, or any other measure (like threatening declare) intended to intimidate the person into staying silent about his knowledge of any criminal act, himself becomes liable for prosecution under the above statutes.

7. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

I don't know if I can handle this tonight :omg: so much to read!
    I have a lot going on this coming week and I have to get ready..but I am excited to see what you all say in the coming days..

I hope some folks here can get some inside info about how this is being received.. On some level it will work and people will stay quiet and that just sucks.

8. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

. . .
    Nothing like determining your own destiny.

The SF Mission Holder's Meeting demolished the mission network.

GAT I created an exodus of public and trained auditors.

GAT II and the Mark VIII created an insurmountable barrier
    for the possibility of creating a new breed of career auditors.

These new contracts pretty much bar any new staff from
    being hired. Who on earth would sign something like this? :confused2:

This is "top-down marketing" at its best, that is, shoving your
    bright idea down someone's throat from the corporate
    boardroom or pulpit on high without a feel for public opinion
    or what goes in this world.

Looks like everything is proceeding on schedule . . . toward
    a final dramatic apocalypse.

PS: From Tony's:

"In my local org they started passing these out to the staff in December. I know there
    are two guys there who refused to sign them and are now getting security checks
    (“confessionals”) to find their crimes against Scientology.
    "

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  9. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

Good point IL2L!
    i wasn't thinking about NEW staff! New staff is typically new members, right? So a new member may get scared away from the whole show hopefully. If old staff are already balking at it that's great! And am I correct in thinking most the mOrgs are short on head count anyway? People already don't seem to want to work in the mOrgs these days, I think from what I have read. Not like 20yrs ago or more. Is my assumption close y'all think?

10. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

My experience is new staff are not necessarily new members. I would hazard a guess that it is a near 50/50 mix. But not up with current trends.

People have not wanted to work in the orgs for as many years as scientology organisation have existed. Getting staff is a total head-ache. Put another way, no one has ever seen a queue of folk wanting to join staff. There is always massive amounts of love-bombing involved in staff recruitment.

As for this new contract and non-disclosure, I see no problems. Makes perfect sense for an information controlling cult. :eyeroll:

11. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

I can only tell you from what I saw, what I lived. My opinion.

There was an unbridled spirit and social cause amongst many of the young people and post-hippies to better the world in the late 60's and throughout the 70's. Free wheeling lives, cheap living, non-conformist lifestyles, and a leaning toward spiritual investigation. The orgs and missions benefited from these winds blowing throughout the new society.

By the late 70's, early 80's it all vanished. I couldn't find that same selfless spirit alive in the COS anywhere I looked. Only an inauthentic shadow of what was at one time.

Face described it best:

12. Reasonable

Reasonable Silver Meritorious Patron

I am no lawyer but I doubt that you can sign away your right to tell the truth.

I do know that an illegal contract is void.

Of course this will scare people into not talking.

13. Reasonable

I bet soon you will have to sign this sort of thing before getting auditing BUT AFTER paying for it.

14. Reasonable

It is amazing to think that just after this came out it was leaked to the public. There must be some good people on the inside?

Does anyone know how this got out?

15. Gib

Gib Crusader

Lets see,

first a new staff member has to read and understand the Creed of the COS & the Code of a Scientologists (the first document).

In the creed it says as one of the points:

and then a staff member has to sign and agree to a NDA that says (the second document):

I got a big belly laugh going :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

16. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Goodby Goodluck

Wow, this could keep one trapped longer than the billion year contract. You know they would compile a record of alleged disparaging remarks, you know how hard it is to prove you didn't ever say something. Then when your contract is up they'll hand you a monumental list of transgressions for which your bill will be staggering. Then they'll offer you a deal to re-up for another 5 years, and if your good they'll let you out after that 5 years. But you know you will never be good enough for them to take their stranglehold off of you.
    It appears they've taken in the 2.5 & 5yr. standard Class IV org contracts into the Sea Org in order to keep the lower orgs staffed with Sea Org being that few public would join staff these days. I hear the Class IV orgs are dying off because no one will staff them willingly.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  17. aegerprimo

aegerprimo Summa Cum Laude

18. Gib

Gib Crusader

Hogan's Heroes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogan's_Heroes

19. uncover

uncover Silver Meritorious Patron

This is a test - everyone who signs this crazy sh*t is a case for government-induced incapacitation.

I mean it would be different when the Co$ would pay a salaray of $ 25.000,--/month.....

20. Gib

Gib Crusader

bat shit crazy.

work as a volunteer, says so in the contract,

and then one can't talk, but yet

ideally, as one joins staff, one hopes he/she will go up the bridge to better communicate,

but yet one can't talk about scientology, only the goods things.

and to boot, since one didn't get pay or very little, if one talks

he/she has to pay $25,000 for each offense of talking and yet one never made anything near that amount of money as staff member. LOL

bat shit crazy