What's new

New things

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I've created some new tabs up the top:

lC0AMoh.png

This should help with navigating the site a bit better.

I'm also having a couple of new styles imported in the next day or two which will hopefully make ESMB feel a bit more like home.

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wow! Just like the Beatles said: "It's getting better all the time."

Even as I contemplate writing in to whine (whinge) about something, here comes another round of fixes!

Better, better, beeeeter!

Jack

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
It would be nice to have some really expressive fun fonts!

That's coming with the new styles.

Can we use the Platinum Invictus statuses based on number of posts...or something? Pweez Eddie...er, I mean Emma!

I need to totally rebuild the whole status thingie. What are these trophies? I forgot how much needs to be changed when you get a fresh install of board software.

All these things needed to be done in 2007 when the board first opened and then again when we upgraded to the next version of vBulletin in 2011ish. Funny how one forgets pain LOL.

I ask for patience. I'm working as fast as I can to get things done.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hmmm I've encountered a problem with some of these new tabs. They aren't updating with new posts & threads. Until I fix it, to look at new posts click on forums, then "Recent Posts and Threads".

3zKhyU6.png

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's coming with the new styles.

I need to totally rebuild the whole status thingie. What are these trophies? I forgot how much needs to be changed when you get a fresh install of board software.

All these things needed to be done in 2007 when the board first opened and then again when we upgraded to the next version of vBulletin in 2011ish. Funny how one forgets pain LOL.

I ask for patience. I'm working as fast as I can to get things done.

Oh, I think the whole status thing is a "nice to have" as it is and maybe there is another better place to goof on all the ridiculous Scientology trophy stuff. Never ins probably wouldn't get the inside joke anyway. It is more important to get things like the "Thank Yous" and "LOLs" working.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I'm also having a couple of new styles imported in the next day or two which will hopefully make ESMB feel a bit more like home.
Website hell, we used to call it.

All websites are hell. I've done it before.

Not to sound like a nag but rather to explain clearly . . .

I hope among the new themes we'll have as optional look and feel are some darker text ones with no pastels.

Why?

A lot of people might be accessing the site on their smart phones, maybe on their lunch hours (me) sitting outside in the sun or riding in a car or bus.

More and more message board browsing is moving to smart phones and iPads (sometimes in difficult lighting conditions).

Some of the current light grey text and white text in a pastel band is very hard or impossible to read right now in the sun. At least on my iPad.

Here's some examples of what I mean:

Cannot see well on smart phone / iPad.
White text with much darker banner would be better.

a.jpg
Ditto.
Darker color plus much darker grey or black would be better.

b.jpg
Ditto.
Darker color plus a much darker grey or black would be better.

c.jpg

This stuff does not show up well on the mobile devices that people are moving to nowadays. Hence, my suggestion.

I won't mention that most of your membership here is probably over 40 and can't see worth a shit anyways. I just won't go there. :D

Thanks for your work. I've been there!

Design by committee! Good times! ;)

Last edited:

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
New screen preferences and colors are installed. So, so much better!

The "pain of pastels," which I have quietly suffered from for
decades and went unhandled by auditing, has now subsided. ;)

On the landing page, hover over your name at the top and go to preferences.
The menu is at the top of the pop-up window.

Thanks so much!!! Now I can see! :clap:

For me, this message board is now better than any other board I've been
on in two decades of Internet . . . and only getting better. Bravo! :happydance:

Last edited:

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
I say, one thing at a time. Managing all this is no easy task and pleasing everyone all at once isn't either. I have done multi-user website development and it's no picnic, but at least here everyone is really nice (almost like a non-dysfunctional dysfunctional family;)) and patient too. Emma, don't ever feel rushed or pressured. You are loved and appreciated. :biglove: