News Flash ! Adelaide org not an org anymore ?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand Pickets and Protests' started by the-ghostwhowalks, May 27, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. the-ghostwhowalks

the-ghostwhowalks Patron with Honors

Adelaide org has a new sign on its building in large bold gold letters :

"LIFE IMPROVEMENT CENTRE "

Sorry , I don't have a photo as I have an old phone -
    What are they up to? - Changeing names of corporations ? - Some sort of corporate ploy ? Trying to dodge the inevitable ? - the mind boggles ! - perhaps another ESMB person can get a good photo up soon ... :yes:

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Re: News Flash !

Very interesting, it could indeed be the start of a morph to avoid such things as the Charity Commission. Is there still any scientology sign as well?

It might be an idea to add to the title of the thread something about Adelaide and name change to grab the right attention. You can do that by editing (advanced) your opening post.

3. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

I think Life Improvement Centre is a tag that's been used for some time.
    It's not new but it's a long way south from "Church".

4. Miss Pert

Miss Pert Silver Meritorious Patron

Maybe they no longer qualify as an org, insufficient staff or something, so now they have to open in a capacity more like a mission. Mind you they have/had more staff than Canberra org last I heard. :confused2:

5. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Very interesting! It could be just more socially acceptable than the word 'Scientology' which stinketh here in Australia more every day. I don't think it would help with the Charities Commission as 'Life Improvement Centre' kinds of sounds more like a business than a charity anyway. They could be doing it as a PR move to avoid the fact that some orgs are not going to be 'ideal' or 'saint hill size' ever, and it's a high crime to close down an org. So if you reclassify it that would be one way to get around that problem.

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

SCIENTOLOGY LIFE IMPROVEMENT is a newly-registered trademark, I see, Reg. # 3965090, filed only on Aug 12, 2010. I can't link directly to it, but you can easily find it using TESS, the US trademarks search engine.

Note that it only covers "IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Educational services, namely, conducting courses in philosophy and religion. FIRST USE: 19881231. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19881231" in the US, so cannot be used for auditing.

Note also that "NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE 'LIFE IMPROVEMENT' APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN" appears on the main page for the mark.

Paul

7. the-ghostwhowalks

No there is no mention of the word " Scientology " - However there is another sign in progress , so I wil give it a couple of days ......

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  8. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

This is so cool, thanks for the report!

9. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

Which address is this at?

This could be in conjunction with the moving of the Adelaide Org, ie they will keep the old building as a 'life improvement centre'.

See also: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?14781-Adelaide-South-Australia-Org-News

I checked with IP Australia, Life Improvement Centre or variations don't appear to be registered in Aus.

10. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Funny shit, the other day i was called upon to clean up a unit which was literally infested with cockroaches, everything i lifted saw these roaches scurrying off to another place but a couple of well placed bombs got rid of them...maybe it's just my warped SP mind but there's a parallel in this somewhere....:coolwink:

11. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Haha! Oh the imagery :) :happydance:

12. xseaorguk

xseaorguk Patron Meritorious

yeh, makes me wonder how they are going to adapt to the new laws on actually having to be 'public benefit', but I'm sure they will come up with something, as they are still recognised as a 'religion' in Australia.

The premises in London TCR is also called 'Life improvement Centre' :puke:

That famous 'Way to Happiness' photo was taken there

13. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

If orgs lost their org status because of not enough staff to qualify, probably virtually none of them would qualify to be orgs any more.

14. the-ghostwhowalks

The address I believe , is 225 Pultuney Street Adelaide :)

15. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

16. Lucretia

Lucretia Patron with Honors

Here's a picture for you. I was driving past late this arvo and saw the new Life Improvement Centre in all it's glory.

IMG_0062.jpg

I guess "CS" stands for Church of $cientology, but its seems they are trying hard not to be identified with the cult.

I started a new thread on Org Watch regarding this but didn't realize you guys were onto it already. But, hey...good news!!!!

17. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

I think it looked better white.

18. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

It has in-house parking!:roflmao:

What's the foot traffic like? Obviously none when you took the pic.

It's a pretty shabby place for the World's Most Expandingest Religion to use in The City of Churches.

But then again, $cientology's a pretty shabby sort of cult.

19. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

I think they're going for the used warehouse look. Oh the idealness!! Lol!

20. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

I think the "CS" is the end of "Dianetics" - looks like it's been painted over to cover "HUBBARD DIANETI..." and FP wouldn't cover the rest of the cost of paint.:duh: