What's new

Nostradamus

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Has anyone ever gone looking for Hubbard in the prophecies of Nostradamus?

More than thirty years ago a hippie magus of my acquaintance pointed out two quatrains from "Centuries" he thought pertained to our time. I'd been away from Scn for years, I stopped speaking scientologese the day I walked out of the org, like so many I kept half an eye on the damned thing lest it turn into the juggernaut Hubbard intended but other than that gave it little thought so I made no connection then but last month, out of nowhere, it occurred to me those two quatrains appear to prophesize LRH

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Students of Nostradamus consider his "Hister" to be Hitler. The figure I suspect of being Hubbard is given a name as close to Elron as Hister is to Hitler

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
How about this one:

Come the millennium, month 12, In the home of greatest power, The village idiot will come forth To be acclaimed the leader.

However it could have been predicting more recent events...

;)

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
No
and I won't waste 10 bucs to know if Nostradamus has ever imagined we would be stucked with stuch a charlatan moron for 7 decades, and his lies for a century! :zombi:

What is the ten bucks for?

All of the Comte de Michel's "Centuries" must be posted for free on the 'net aren't they?

Nostradamus gave L. Ron Hubbard two full quatrains of prophecy and the primary cause of both his genius and his madness was the icy-dicey hot and spicy hand of Destiny.

Love him, hate him or ignore him he is no mere cult leader like Jim Jones, Swami Rajneesh, Marshal Applewhite or Alfred E Neuman.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh no, Nostradamus predictions about the coming of LRH and Scientology? Either Nostradamas knew odds were good that someone like him would come along with some regularity or maybe the world really is coming to an end.

Name one thing, other than the possible inspiration for legislation that limits the abuse of religious cloaking, that LRH has done which will survive through history.

OK, I suppose there is an outside chance somebody will find the secret vaults and they will actually read the stainless steel plates and figure out how to get an emeter up and running instead of cutting them up for knives and arrowheads in a post apocalyptic world...

Zardoz.jpg

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh no, Nostradamus predictions about the coming of LRH and Scientology? Either Nostradamas knew odds were good that someone like him would come along with some regularity or maybe the world really is coming to an end.

Name one thing, other than the possible inspiration for legislation that limits the abuse of religious cloaking, that LRH has done which will survive through history.

OK, I suppose there is an outside chance somebody will find the secret vaults and they will actually read the stainless steel plates and figure out how to get an emeter up and running instead of cutting them up for knives and arrowheads in a post apocalyptic world...

View attachment 13848

If you were to examine Commander Birdsong's body of work you would find extensive intelligent sound response to the challenge

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

View attachment 13848
I believe he heralded the future coming of an "evil scourge" toxic chameleon who could mimic the light of enlightenment named Nostradumbass.