OEC/FEBC Trainee List 1986-87

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by StatPush, May 17, 2015.

Tags:
View Users: View Users
  1. StatPush

StatPush Patron

Been racking my brain to list out all the people I was on training with at the International Training School (ITS - before name change to ITO) in PAC. Any info on what may have happened to them would be appreciated. Anything with a (?) indicates questionable spelling or unknown. I do have some information, though quite dated, on a few of these people.

Update: I'm adding additional information as it comes in.

Robin Clarke - San Diego
    Sue Battershaw - Philly
    Bill Thames - San Fran, last reported still on staff
    Michelle Ochoa - Las Vegas, joined the SO in 1987
    Leslie Jennings - Flag Crew
    Patty Crowe - DC
    Rick Hilton - Miami, blew from staff, declared?
    Fred Figeroa - Miami
    Eric ? - Miami
    Tom Felton - CC Portland, joined the SO. Was T/CO of CC Las Vegas back in early 90s
    Sue Marino - Miami, last seen working with Puerto Rico org/mission
    Cat Simpson - New Haven
    Gary Kaveten ? - Chicago
    Larry Adams - New York
    Debbie ? - CC Dallas
    Peggy Pulliam - Tampa
    Jean Sparshott - ANZO, blew, now declared
    Marina Mackie - Toronto, declared
    Jim Metz - New York
    Bobby Jones - Philly, reports of him being arrested for dog fighting a few years back...bizarre
    Ron Graham ? - St Louis
    Nancy Foster - Tampa, out and declared
    Mike Otto - Denver
    Sherry Murphy - Sterling, joined SO, went to Int, was FEI for a while, got in serious car accident, now has MS, whereabouts unknown
    Mike Laws - RTC, out, declared and active on ESMB
    Julie Fehn - AOSHUK
    Ken Warren - AOSHUK, moved to Australia, still-in
    Fred Botello - Steven's Creek (deceased)
    Joy Botello - Steven's Creek
    Shawna Fraizer - HAPI, out, possibly declared
    Suzanne Kromschroeder - San Diego, out, working as a professional artist
    Florence Barnett - ANZO, routed out of SO, last seen working a Melbourne org, possibly out
    Alex Scarfo - SOCO Italy
    Denise & Dennis ? - Portland
    Allan Klebenoff ? - Boston
    Marlon Whitt ?

And for a very short time...
    Alain Kartuzinski - RTC (deceased)
    Paul Shobel - RTC (deceased)

Others from:
    Copenhagen
    Columbus
    Montreal
    Minneapolis
    Austin
    Mexico

ITS Staff
    Gerry Terpstra - Qual Sec, quite possibly still-in.
    Gisella ? - HAS, tiny French lady with page boy haircut
    Eve ? - Sup, Eve had a psychotic break while at ITS and was removed from post, whereabouts unknown. Sent back to Copenhagen, later divorced husband, possibly in France.
    Steve Pearce - Sup, moved to ITO, was a Sup for years.
    Kaspar Hunzicker ? - CO
    Starr O'Malley - Arrivals
    Alain ? - Cope Off ? Tall, thin French guy
    Debbie Crabtree - Chf Off, some mention of her on ESMB, I believe she is out.

Other staff
    Glenn Poole - WISE
    Pam Poole - HAS FCB
    Cat Mazerand ? - C/S
    Ralph Harris - I-HELP Int

Thanks for your help.

Statpush

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  2. Leon-2

Leon-2 Patron Meritorious

Strewf! Is the OEC/FEBC still going? The mind boggles.

I was on the first course on the Apollo back in 1971.

Does anyone have any info on Jay Hurwitz - our course supervisor? Where is he now?

Jon Horwich was DofT. There was a course admin - I can see his face in my mind but I forget the name. Ron . . . maybe? (No, not Hubbard)

3. StatPush

StatPush Patron

I know there were a number of OEC/FEBC evolutions. I'm aware of: 1981 at Flag, 1986 at PAC, 1992 at ITO (PAC). I don't know if there were any others past 92-93. I don't think its currently being delivered, but I could be wrong.

Correction: OEC/FEBC training occurring in 2002-3.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  4. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Julie Price ? --> Julie Fehn, was in Div 6 back at SH for several years. Dunno where she is now. Lovely girl. :)

The sup Steve ended up in ITO for several years. Dunno where he went after early 90s. Routed out maybe.

Paul (New World Corps across the hall at the time)

5. StatPush

StatPush Patron

Thanks for the correction, Paul. Of course I remember you, you were the NWC guy :)

6. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Paul Schobel died a few years ago in Sydney. He was sent back to Oz specifically to do so iirc as it was too expensive to get him treatment in the US.

Ralph Harris (if he's a Kiwi who'd be now in his 70s or 80s) is in ABLE ANZO - was D/CO several years back but not sure of his current post.

Flo Barnett afaik routed out of the SO some years back - no idea of what she's doing now.

Gerry Terpestra was AOSH ANZO staff last I heard of him. If he's still alive, I'd say he's still on crew. I know his wife was still there a few years ago and his son is on crew at the CLO, son's wife is the CO CLO iirc.

7. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Jean Sparshott routed out/blew, late 80s, I'd guess.
    Mike Laws is here on ESMB.

8. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

So weird, so there's more than one Scientology "Flo Barnett"? Freaky

9. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

We had two staff members in Chicago (the ED and D/ED) get back from their OEC/FEBC training in 2002-2003 after being on it for what seemed like an eternity.

As an aside, the D/ED is no longer on staff and the ED violates what she learned on a daily basis. Good stuff. A colossal waste of time.

10. Panda Termint

Yes. ANZO's Florence Barnett would have been a young lady at that time. She's the daughter of Terry and Bill Barnett from New Zealand.

She's listed as being from ANZO in the list so that's our Flo. She's out, AFAIK.

11. Happy Days

Happy Days Silver Meritorious Patron

One of the Sparshott girls married Chris Guider and they went uplines, it may have been Jean; And I'm pretty sure she blew and was declared. I was in the SO at the time and it was a tough time for the Sparshott's as they had to disconnect.

12. Panda Termint

Yes, it was Jean. I was auditing in the NOTs Unit with Maureen at the time, the Sparshotts were heartbroken.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  13. Karen#1

Karen#1 Gold Meritorious Patron

Jay Hurwitz is alive and well, you can see his page on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/BetterYourLife?fref=ts

Jay Hurwitz was part of that 1981 psycho-politcal para military PURGE.
    Many of the top Execs instead of being sent to SP hole, were sentenced to run around a pole
    in desert hot sun as a kind of torture for some 12 hours a day.

Jay Hurwitz, Allen Buchanan, (deceased) Gail Reisdorf, Dede Residorf and at least 8 others.
    Miscavige cracking a whip to show who was boss.

Most of them fled within days/weeks, Int base had less electrical fences and barbed wire those days.

The signs of the criminal cult cannibalizing and annihilating its own Sea Org Members was already visible 35 years ago, although the cruelty and sadism was not being remarked on at the time. Omitted Internet, omitted Google, omitted Twitter and no AOL or Yahoo in those days,

Of course the rank and file swallowed this kind of conduct as "normal" Sea Org heavy "ETHICS" Laughter.

14. StatPush

StatPush Patron

Not uncommon, many graduates either fell on their face, blew or endured long enough to finish their contracts. I guess the tech was just too powerful to handle.

15. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

was that Eve Wargniez? She was sent back to Copenhagen where I last saw her in 1988 as she was getting ready to return to France. Heard that she and Jean-Michel divorced during this time too.

16. StatPush

StatPush Patron

Thanks Mick. Quite possibly. She was French, curly brown hair, short, extremely thin. Cute girl.

17. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

yep, that's her.

18. cakemaker

cakemaker Patron Meritorious

Mick, Any idea what happened to Sigmar Pietsch and Bertie Van Hoeken (sp?)?

19. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

https://androvillans.wordpress.com/2011/09/28/2479/

I've not seen this before. Jay reports DM beat 3 people and Jay was gang bang
    sec checked.

Jay and John had the same position on the 1981 FEBC evolution at flag.
    Jay's wife Pam was also a course sup and was especially attentive and helpful to
    me as we were both from London Org. This evolution I'm pretty sure was the biggest.
    For 1-2 years there were always 400+ in the course room.

Some years later by chance we were both eating in my favorite chinese restaurant in
    Chinatown. I moved to his table and struck up a conversation. He didn't really
    want to talk to me. On asking why he left he said he had disagreement with
    management. I was still in CO$ at the time though no longer staff.

Several years later I told one of my FZ friends who knew them and was occasionally
    in contact with them that I'd love to get in touch again. But they were clearly not
    interested.

At some point Jay together with Ron Hopkins, declared CO of St Hill, ran a business
    consultancy using tech. From another FZ friend who also did this it consisted mostly
    or solely of one PL which was about having a to do list with time markers.

This URL below is for Pam Hurwitz. The photo is low res, but could be Pam.
    She did go to Art College and does live in the general area. Also contains Phone
    No and address.

http://www.pjhurwitznaturalart.co.uk

20. Leon-2

Leon-2 Patron Meritorious

Thanks Karen and Terril.

Jay was one of the very best in the Sea Org. Jon too.

That course admin I referred to was Ron Strauss.