"Old Timers" and OT Phenomenon

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by guanoloco, Jan 2, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Here's a collection of phenomenon as described by various Old Timers and such. This will be all about wild OT abilities and session experiences.

One may either agree or disagree or argue or consider the whole thing as BS, however it is noteworthy.

...from L. RON HUBBARD THE MAN THAT I KNEW by Dennis Stevens:

2. Mystic

Mystic Banned

Sounds like standard Scientology experiences, a clusterfuck of lower-level psychic experiences.

3. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Here's some yap from Nibs in a Transcript from a 1984 Taped Interview:

4. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

From The good old days with Hubbard back in Scientology:

5. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

I think you're right, Mystic.

It wasn't until after Scientology that I learned about the febrile Siddhis and their temporary states...oh, and the fact that these exalted OT abilities are a trap in and of themselves as some more sincere spiritual seekers view them.

They are apparently a distraction and NOT a means unto themselves.

This seems to bear out in the Otto J. Roos Story:

I don't know what to make of all this stuff.

I have witnessed and experienced some wild stuff myself. I don't know if it's the result of hypnotism or factual.

Most has been subjective but some tiny bit has been objective.

Most has been behavioral but some tiny bit has been physical.

Had I not witnessed the various things I have witnessed I doubt that I would ever have believed that they occurred.

Of a final note, these things don't just randomly and occasionally occur within Scientology but seem to be regularly experienced by many.

6. Mystic

Mystic Banned

Mr. Roos was not known for being particularly "sane".

7. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

It seems like all the really cool stuff happens at the very start of a religion. Of course, that is another reason why folks should order my "MAKING BIG MONEY IN THE CULT BUSINESS" TV offer success kit for only $39.95, but ya GOTTA CALL NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Operators are standing by!

Pete

8. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Hmm.. Aren't these supernatural adventures usually reported as having happened with Hubbard present, in the same room?

Hubbard was actually a 'gifted' hypnotist.. No joking either, he was! - I've read that he could move clouds with his 'intention' too.. Reported by an impressed 'observer' and believed to be true.

Derren Brown and David Copperfield could fool you that way too..

:yes:

9. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

There was an old success story in one of the early ao mags where Otto described looking through the steel walls of the RSM. Kinda trippy. Mimsey

10. The first post made mention of LRH "He did a technique of giving commands to my foot and receiving commands back, and turning a few energy masses white and so on –and so on."

I grew up with watching someone giving commands to a hand and receiving communication back. Also this person could communicate with boxed masses and receive communication back.

In fact, here it is:

http://youtu.be/5AaIDmiFXmo

Alright? Alright!

Is good? Is good!

The Anabaptist Jacques

11. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Uhhh.....no. Most are reported as occurring either during or after auditing sessions.

12. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Yeh.. The 'Tech' is superior to Deren Brown and David Copperfield in that way..

My kind of skeptism still put this down to some 'mental phenomena' created by expectations and 'hypnotic' effects of believeing in all the OT stuff.. Not real..

:yes:

13. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

I remember these, too...'salright! Wasn't that from the mailbox or something? Seems I remember one of the puppets being a mailbox that said 'salright! all of the time...

14. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm sure that the HubTurd always intended to move the phuggen clouds in the direction that the wind was taking them.

Pete

15. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Gold Meritorious Patron

My favorite OT phenomena stories are those where the OT is driving a car and he is 300 miles away from his destination but he only has 20 minutes to get there.

"Time is merely a consideration."

Rd00

16. sure they're lower level to you

you're a texan

for most people these are fancy onions

17. Challenge

Challenge Silver Meritorious Patron

look out now, with your insults to Texans.
    We'll setcho ass on fire!

18. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

^^^^^ :smoking: :nervous: :drama:

19. Lout Zoo

Lout Zoo Patron

I guess I fall into the "Old Timer" status, sort of. I just thought I'd throw in my two cents here. When I first got into Scientology in 1974 I was most interested in OT phenomena. I had some minor phenomena early on, just going exterior is probably the most basic one. I found it problematic as I did not have great visual perception exterior, so it was easy to invalidate. It wasn't until I had my exteriorization validated objectively that I was able to even be certain myself. Back in the early seventies we were doing TR's at the beginning of course each day in the Academy. I sat down to do a few minutes of OT TR0 with my friend, Jim Reckers (OT VII "old"). He suggested we have a game for the drill, to be 18 feet back of our heads. I was a little confused and said "Why 18, why not 3?" He said, "Why not 18?" So we sat down and started. I had some ability then and I could perceive he went directly back to 18 feet back of his head. I struggled with some difficulty and finally got there. The instant I got there he said: "That's it!" to validate me. Actually it upset me a little as I wasn't quite ready to say I was done. In auditing terms he didn't quite give me time for the F/N to widen:)

Another incident occured when I was talking to a girl that was on course in the Academy who was pregnant. I was looking at her belly with the intention to determine whether she was going to have a boy or a girl. I didn't realize it at the time but I put out a beam to "see" with. There was a thetan following her around who was up and behind her. He put out the communication "That's my body!" I looked up and said "Okay. I have a body." He seemed mollified. I told her what happened. The next day I was sitting in the course room when she walked up. I asked "Where is the thetan that has been following you around?" I instantly perceived him at the top of the column behind her. She started to move her head from side to side as if "looking" I saw an impulse come from the thetan. (An impulse looks like a ripple on water, but three dimensional. Kinda like a puff of air} I thought: "What's that!?" I instantly got the message, (it was a communication from him to her) "I'm right here!" The tone level of the communication was similar to a young child happily proclaiming something neat, or cool. The impulse continued to her. The instant it touched her head she turned around and pointed right at him and said: "Oh, he's right there".

I have had many more experiences that were solely subjective and so are easier to invalidate to myself. It was strange to me that when I first was having these things happen that I even had a hard time remembering them sometimes. It wasn't until I had had many experiences that it became real to me. I now understandy why. When you look at the awareness characteristics you go from communication, orientation, understandings (PLURAL!!!!) then enlightenment. So don't be too concerned if it isn't real to you. It doesn't bother me if you think I am making this up. I know what is real for me. In your universe you may have to believe it is all bull shit. I have observed what I have observed. Some of you out there will possibly rekindle a bit of hope that you can someday do these things. Good. I tell you you can. If you can't get in ARC with something by Communicating it will never be real to you and you will never understand it. This can apply to things you actually observe yourself. One observation is not enough! I wasn't going to tell this next story because it is too incredible for most but it actually shows what happens when you do an OT phenomena in front of others.

I was in the U.S. Navy at the time. We were in port in Hong Kong. I was walking down the street in Hong Kong talking to a friend of mine about the cycle of action, apparent (
    Start, Change, Stop) and true (Create,Create,Create; Create-Counter-Create; No Creation) I explained that this give one a different way of handling things. Say someone shot a bullet at you. The usual belief of an OT handling of this would be to destroy the bullet, bend it out of the way or in other words use force on it. But if you use the true cycle of action you could just stop creating your body and then after the bullet went by, start creating it again. My friend was struggling with the idea but it looked like he had the concept but couldn't quite accept it. So I said: "Blane, (his name) WATCH THIS!" I extended both my arms (I looked down and to the side at my right arm) and I disappeard for about a millisecond. Blane, when I told him to looked right at me. When I disappeared he put his hands over his face and stood there in shock. It took me about fifteen minutes to get a word out of him. I kept asking him: "Blane, what did you see?" Eventually he looked up and said: "You blinked!" I said "Okay". I did not know what he meant by that at that time. Later that night we were back on the ship in the radar room (where I worked) talking about it and he said: "Do it again!" I said I only did things like that on the spur of the moment and could't do it at will. He insisted so I tried to do it again. He said: "You did it!" I was a little disappointed as this time I my body didn't disappear, it went totally black for an instant. I didn't argue with him. About six months later we talked about it and he could only remember when I did it on the ship. He insisted I didn't do it in Hong Kong. I got out of the Navy soon after and didn't see him for about a year. I ended up in Norfolk Virgina working as a civilian on some Saudi Arabian navy ships and he was transferred to Norfolk. We got together and one night and started talking about the event in Hong Kong. Some of his friends were there and he told them I went totally black. That is what I saw the second time on the ship. I never told anyone what I saw. He still insisted nothing happened in Hong Kong. A few weeks later I approached him and without any introduction I said: Blane, do you remember the time we were walking down the street in Hong Kong and there was a red roofed restaurant? (That was where the first incident occured). He said, somewhat sheepishly, "yeah..." and then volunteered: "But I can't see the picture!" I said: Recall something that happened before it" he said "yeah". I said, "Okay, now recall something that happened after it". He exclaimed: That's why I couldn't remember! YOU WERE GONE! A few weeks later I asked him about it again and he had forgotten it again. I never bothered him with it again. It was clearly out of his reality. Some time later I learned that from some science fiction game of some sort he had the word "blinked" defined as a soft of teleportation.

So for all of you out there that have had OT experiences, it is okay with me!

This is all true to the best of my recollection.

20. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Lout Zoo,

Presumably, you've now learned the lesson that one needs to be gentle with the local natives? :biggrin::biggrin: :roflmao::hysterical:

They are a little fragile with the wonderful propensity of being able to occlude whatever exceeds or violates their reality :nervous::melodramatic: Poor things :melodramatic::melodramatic:

R