What's new

OMG! OMG! BREAKING NEWS ON TODAY TONIGHT TONIGHT!!

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Who was the stepfather who did the abusing that was covered up?
There seems to be no mention of him or his whereabouts.
Was he also a cult member?

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
It has taken enormous courage on Carmen's part - and Phoebe's too - to bring this up AGAIN.

I'm grateful to Nick Xenophon for going with Carmen to the police. I suspect that his presence made a big difference to the case being given the attention it deserved. After all, Carmen had tried in 1999 to get the matter reopened, without this degree of success. The outcome is also due to Carmel U speaking up - awesome job, Carmel. And to the journo who tracked down the other witnesses. Brilliant.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Made a very long night for some of us who were silly enough to check ESMB one more time before heading to bed...HAD to wait for the upload and then keep reading...and THEN wait for the update. Worth it:happydance:, but I gotta go sleep now. I'm still just blown away. Hope to hell that more people are able to come forward--you know the cult is going to try to distance the action from themselves as "not church-approved" and "completely unknown to them".

L Ron's "under the bus" tech to be deployed soon.

Please dig into this...somebody knows something.

Does anybody know anything or have any more info about this alleged case, mentioned in comments on article at Arnie's site that was just linked to on this thread?:

"In 1971 a mentally challenged 13 yr old girl was raped by the Course
Supervisor at the Austin, Texas Org. Not only did they take her
father's money, they told him that they could help his daughter. She
was raped on the floor of the Course room. The "punishment" was a trip
to the Ethics Officer for the perpetrator. No Police report was made.

The Course Sup was not dismissed from Staff. Again, Scientology is
shown to be dangerous.

la"

This REALLY needs to be reported to the authorities, even so long after the fact.

Terril park

Sponsor
Love loads of peeps. Carmel is one of them.

Many good conversations.

Whatever other issues, she is IMO a Heroine.

A really really EXCELLENT heroine. :)

Last edited:

Gadfly

Crusader
Re: Please dig into this...somebody knows something.

Does anybody know anything or have any more info about this alleged case, mentioned in comments on article at Arnie's site that was just linked to on this thread?:

"In 1971 a mentally challenged 13 yr old girl was raped by the Course
Supervisor at the Austin, Texas Org. Not only did they take her
father's money, they told him that they could help his daughter. She
was raped on the floor of the Course room. The "punishment" was a trip
to the Ethics Officer for the perpetrator. No Police report was made.

The Course Sup was not dismissed from Staff. Again, Scientology is
shown to be dangerous.

la"

This REALLY needs to be reported to the authorities, even so long after the fact.

Can you imagine if some energetic lawyer decided to track down 10 or 15 similar cases? Tie them all together with lots of testimony, and also tie in how standard application of existing LRH policy directly results in such behavior, and how top level Scientology seniors knew all about it, condoned and ordered such routine cover-ups?

Can anyone say "class action"?

Re: Please dig into this...somebody knows something.

Can you imagine if some energetic lawyer decided to track down 10 or 15 similar cases? Tie them all together with lots of testimony, and also tie in how standard application of existing LRH policy directly results in such behavior, and how top level Scientology seniors knew all about it, condoned and ordered such routine cover-ups?

Can anyone say "class action"?

Unless it's a criminal case, the upper management would just shakedown the members for more donations to pay for the settlement and gag order, just as they always do.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Love loads of peeps. Carmen is one of them.

Many good conversations.

Whatever other issues, she is IMO a Heroine.

A really really EXCELLENT heroine. :)
I think you mean Carmel (who helped bring this to public attention) rather than Carmen (the woman who was abused as a child). I may be wrong.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
I have to hand it to Carmel, she's been bitch slapping the cult so hard, the imprint of her hand is embedded into the side or Elron's face.

5779943948_5b815ecf0c.jpg

L E G E N D

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
Who was the stepfather who did the abusing that was covered up?
There seems to be no mention of him or his whereabouts.
Was he also a cult member?

Robert Kerr, now married to an OT lady whose name I won't reveal right now as it isn't necessary, I don't believe he ever reached the OT levels, at the end of 2009 he was still in and living in Sydney with his wife. At some point between 2007 and 2009 he had a stroke and in 2009 still had not been able to return to work. He wasn't totally paralysed, just a little in his face, he may have had some paralysis and had treatment to rehab movement (I'm not sure on that), but had some eye damage and was in and out of hospital several times. His status since 2009 is unknown.

Robert Kerr, now married to an OT lady whose name I won't reveal right now as it isn't necessary, I don't believe he ever reached the OT levels, at the end of 2009 he was still in and living in Sydney with his wife. At some point between 2007 and 2009 he had a stroke and in 2009 still had not been able to return to work. He wasn't totally paralysed, just a little in his face, he may have had some paralysis and had treatment to rehab movement (I'm not sure on that), but had some eye damage and was in and out of hospital several times. His status since 2009 is unknown.

His status will be known very clearly very soon by any scientologist connected to him.

FoTi

Crusader
His status will be known very clearly very soon by any scientologist connected to him.

Do you really think that other scientologists will know about this, since they are usually steered away from watching the news and what's going on outside the CoS that is considered entheta? The church certainly won't want other Scienos watching the news about Jan Eastgate and the stuff she covered up, and if they do, the CoS will make up some kind of story to explain why the govt is attacking her and saying these bad things about other Scios. When I was in, and an entheta article came out in the news or a mag, we were all told not to look at it or read about it. Remember LRH told people not to read the newspaper and scios are discouraged from watching the news on TV because it is entheta....and even if somebody sees it, they aren't allowed to talk about it amongst themselves or someone will write them up for spreading entheta.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
ANNOUNCING
THE WORLD PREMIERE
OF A NEWLY RELEASED
FEATURE LENGTH MOTION PICTURE

"SHE OVER THERE...
THOSE PINK LEGS STICKING OUT"

cchr.jpg

The Jan Eastgate (shore) Story

Starring Jan Eastgate as "Pinky"

Do you really think that other scientologists will know about this, since they are usually steered away from watching the news and what's going on outside the CoS that is considered entheta? The church certainly won't want other Scienos watching the news about Jan Eastgate and the stuff she covered up, and if they do, the CoS will make up some kind of story to explain why the govt is attacking her and saying these bad things about other Scios. When I was in, and an entheta article came out in the news or a mag, we were all told not to look at it or read about it. Remember LRH told people not to read the newspaper and scios are discouraged from watching the news on TV because it is entheta....and even if somebody sees it, they aren't allowed to talk about it amongst themselves or someone will write them up for spreading entheta.

True. OSA or Ethics will not put out an Ethics Order saying "This is the guy whose sexual abuse was covered up by Jan Eastgate" But his name is likely to be in the media. He may be hunted down by the media. He will have to be disconneted from COS someway or other. He is a "PTS source" for scientology. "Org terminals" will have to get an "issue" about him that makes it clear they must have NOTHING to do with him. They will think up someway to make him seem like the Devil Incarnate without referring to Jan Eastgate. He will be strictly off lines for eternity. It is possible his wife will be told to divorce him if she plans on having anything to do with scientology.
Actually, there is always the possibility he could give evidence Eastgate or the COS.
They will have to stitch him up real tight. Suicide counselling?

ANNOUNCING
THE WORLD PREMIERE
OF A NEWLY RELEASED
FEATURE LENGTH MOTION PICTURE

"SHE OVER THERE...
THOSE PINK LEGS STICKING OUT"

cchr.jpg

The Jan Eastgate (shore) Story

Starring Jan Eastgate as "Pinky"

In Oz 'shore' has a speical pronunciation when it refers to shore story.

As in when someone says "Yeah shoooore!" To express disbelief in what is being said.

Last edited:

supafreak

Patron Meritorious
At some point between 2007 and 2009 he had a stroke and in 2009 still had not been able to return to work. He wasn't totally paralysed, just a little in his face, he may have had some paralysis and had treatment to rehab movement (I'm not sure on that), but had some eye damage and was in and out of hospital several times.

Somehow, I can't muster any sympathy for this paedophile prick.