Org/Front Group closings

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by DCAnon, Jan 15, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. DCAnon

DCAnon Silver Meritorious Patron

Hey everyone. I posted this somewhere in a different thread, but I thought it deserved its own discussion. :3 Here's the information we've gathered since February 2008 which include Orgs/ideal orgs/missions closing their doors and orgs who have been forced to move to smaller, cheaper locations. If you have any updates or pictures from these areas, please let us know! There may be more that we might not have heard of, or new orgs/missions popping up after the original one closed. Or there might be some in Europe or ANZO that we missed.

Bay Cities Mission/Benicia: moved
    San Diego, CA: moved
    Hamburg: moved
    Dusseldorf: closed
    Tustin, CA: On it's death bed
    Las Vegas, NV: closed (Ideal Org kicked out by building owner for being a cult)
    Santa Barbara, CA: Kicked out (Checking for more info on this. Could be ideal org or something)
    Kitchener, ON: closed
    Memphis, TN: closed, moved to smaller location in Collierville
    Biloxi, MS: closed
    Canberra, Australia: Moved to smaller location with only 2 staff
    Oklahoma Chillioco Narconon: closed
    Los Angeles Narconon: closed
    Two missions in New York City: closed
    Fort Meyers Mission, FL: closed
    Garrison Mission, NY: closed
    Second Chance Alberquerque, NM: kicked out
    Narconon Stonehawk, Michigan: closed

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

:ohmy: REALLY? Miami has moved? :hmm: Wonder where to? (Probably into one of the buildings next door or behind the Org).

And I'm surprised that Memphis made it THIS long!! :melodramatic:

3. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

closed

Annerley, Brisbane in Australia run by Richard & wife down from 40 members.
    Sydney down to >20
    Melbourne dropped sale of old building ? moving

4. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Nope Miami didn't move.....:no:

5. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Thanks, GT! Huh, yeah, I didn't think they'd moved yet....someone was just there a couple days ago...so....:shrug:

6. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Someone??? Who you talkin to WO?:eyeroll:

7. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

I thought LV just moved to a smaller place.

8. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Someone else....(I have friends in high places....:devil: )

9. DCAnon

Op updated. I'm checking Miami and Santa Barbara. :3 They could have meant missions not orgs. Any more updates?

As for Las Vegas, I don't know if they're open yet. I DO know that they were kicked out of their ideal org when the landlord realized they a cult.

10. Good twin

Good twin Floater

There is no mission in Miami, only an Org. It's still open and not moved. It is planning on moving into it's new Ideal Org location, but needs to raise another 4.5 million to make the move. :yes:

11. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

I was JUST about to post that too: That there is no mission in Miami. (There IS a mission in West Palm Beach, tho!).

And yeah, I've heard Miami is moving (wants to move), but not sure where to yet....

12. alex

alex Gold Meritorious Patron

Santa Barbara answers the phone and still in their very expensive state street location, sort of a oceanside rodeo drive....

Memphis answers the phone and is still at the same location as listed, but does not answer the phone for caller id blocked numbers

Memphis is a mission, Santa Barbara an org.

13. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Last I heard they want to buy the old Post Office. It's huge!

14. Daisy

Daisy Patron with Honors

Bay Cities Mission moved from Concord, California to Benicia, California (my home town). Couldn't locate it in Benicia, so I called their last phone number. Was told the mission moved from Benicia and has consolidated with Berkeley Mission. Consolidated! I could hardly keep from cracking up.:happydance:

15. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Annerley Brisbane is still there, they answer the phone and swear that they haven't moved.

Sydney is fading into obscurity, it limped through the '90s until it started doing tours of Taiwan and other Asian countries, each new territory would give it a kick then it would slump back to it's previous slumber.

Each org has it's stat boards on view for staff, any one could read them if they know how as they are often close to public areas. A key stat to look at is the GI (gross income) I noticed that Sydney Fdn. was between $8k and $2k for a period during the mid '90s. It's in a five story building and had 40+ STAFF!!! In a standard business (real world) an organisation of that size would need around $100,000 per week to meet costs and survive.

16. DCAnon

17. alex

alex Gold Meritorious Patron

18. DCAnon

Yup. Here's what quietheart said: "Memphis mission did move to Collierville, only open a few hours in the evening and the weekends, located above the Scientologist Chiropractors office. I think they're only open about 14 hours per week if I remember right."

19. DCAnon

Any updates on Dublin or Scotland's "happy" mission?

20. Pascal

Pascal Silver Meritorious Patron

CoS Imploding

Where people are sleeping and watching TV yes. No body traffic at all. And LRH says open Orgs where lots of bodies walk around. Come on Alex, don't take CoS losing personally. Beings stay away from ugliness and confusion and your Church is ugly and fucked up as is DM. :coolwink: