What's new

OSA sounds fascist

jennifer

Patron
Such a position as OSA never existed whilst I was in Scientology but sounds fascist like the Nazi SS or a security set up The former South African secret police was known as BOSS or the bureau for state security. All of these types of positions tend to deal with a purpose with security. The protection police in the name of a bureuacracy. Iraq is having problems with an American security company Black Water. People involved in security can tend to believe they can do as they please with the justification of the protection of whatver group. Security is a very big business especially in the field of crime prevention & is aligned to police services. Intelligence services are all involved in security & protection in whatever context of their operations. LRH seemed obsessed with security always having written to the FBI reporting on his enemies & about other matters that had him labelled by such service as mental. Covert operations are undertaken by intelligence services that Scientology complained about when it was felt they were investigating them but tends to believe it has the right to operate in such context against others.

Last edited:

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
Seems like an accurate observation nonetheless.

I'll bet the little Führer would be flattered by it. :D

jennifer

Patron
Difficulty in expressing English

I can have difficulty expressing myself in a proper grammatical way using English. At least the words can hopefully be understood & the intention. We have 11 languages spoken in South Africa. Before the advent of democracy only Afrikaans & English were accepted as the official languages.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Must have been a really long time since, that you were in Cof$, if no such position as OSA existed. Activities such as those belonging to that 'position', intelligence and black OPs, has been done since 1955 by HCO (Hubbard Communication Office). In 1966 The Guardian's Office was formed. In it's hayday it grew to a size rivalling the intelligence sevice of a small country. From 1983 until now it's called OSA (Office of Special Affairs)

The link above is a comprehensive study of all that. The Guardian's Office (GO) is most notorious for Operation Freakout that tried to frame Paulette Cooper for bomb threaths. This programme was exposed in the 1977 FBI raid on the cult preceding the courtcase about another GO Operation in which the scientologists stole and altered government files. Operation Snow White...

Hmm.. It's all there in the link. So I'll shut up now..

:coffee:

jennifer

Patron
Must have been a really long time since, that you were in Cof$, if no such position as OSA existed. Activities such as those belonging to that 'position', intelligence and black OPs, has been done since 1955 by HCO (Hubbard Communication Office). In 1966 The Guardian's Office was formed. In it's hayday it grew to a size rivalling the intelligence sevice of a small country. From 1983 until now it's called OSA (Office of Special Affairs)

The link above is a comprehensive study of all that. The Guardian's Office (GO) is most notorious for Operation Freakout that tried to frame Paulette Cooper for bomb threaths. This programme was exposed in the 1977 FBI raid on the cult preceding the courtcase about another GO Operation in which the scientologists stole and altered government files. Operation Snow White...

Hmm.. It's all there in the link. So I'll shut up now..

:coffee:

I do remember the Guardian Office. I did not connect it to this OSA. I should have. The Guardian Office & the SO as I recall were often at odds with one another like in a way the Gestapo & the German armed forces had been at odds with another. The Gestapo having required purity of Nazism according to the source Adolf Hitler & having always interfered & spied on the armed forces ensuring this purity was mantained. I can imagine the KGB also always spied on the armed forces of the former Soviet Uniom having required to have ensured that the purity of communism was kept safeguarded. In old time South Africa secret police ensured that the whites were kept pure not been "contaminated" by other races. I do recall having been uptight around Guardian office personnel when I was in the SO. Secret police in fascist or communist regimes or in religions like that of the Spanish Inquisition ensuring purity of Catholicism are a terryfing oppression of people.

Last edited:

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Can you do a comparative?

Jennifer, I am ineterested in this general field, that of comparing methods and mindset of Scientology operations to that of the many infamous examples seen throughout history.

Any force allowed to operate with impunity and without oversight, such as BOSS, the SS, and so on, will revert to violent and illegal forms of repression in order to forward their aims. OSA, in fact I think, Scientology, is no different.

Your post inspired me to pose the questions I placed in the thread 'The Killing Fields' under Evaluating and critiqueing Scientology. I wld love to see your input.

p.s. I lived and worked with Scn in Zimbabwe for a couple of years on secondment from UK, do you know any of theold timers from there such Trish D'prinzio?

John Anchovie

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Jennifer, I am ineterested in this general field, that of comparing methods and mindset of Scientology operations to that of the many infamous examples seen throughout history.

Any force allowed to operate with impunity and without oversight, such as BOSS, the SS, and so on, will revert to violent and illegal forms of repression in order to forward their aims. OSA, in fact I think, Scientology, is no different.

I actually think the word "revert" is being too nice, John. The SS and NKVD, BOSS, STASI and the GO and OSA were never intended to be anything other than "above the law"

For me the most telling thing about Scientology is how closely Hubbard hewed to the totalitarian organizational methods.

If you look at the 3rd Reich and it's "organization" it was a mish-mash of various networks, all checking on one another, all with their very impressive titles the SS was the overarching "brotherhood" (think "SO") within that brotherhood were the Gestapo, the SD (Sicherheits Dienst) - Heydrichs little bunch, the RSHA, the Concentration Camp organizations, the Waffen SS and so on. There were non-SS organizations (think GO) like the Abwehr.

In the Soviet Union there was the KGB, there was the GRU the MVD and a whole bunch of other acronyms.

Scientology has the SO and all the various little acronyms - RTC, ASI, OSA, LRHC, FRs and so on - they even ended up with blackshirts!! LOL.