Paul Haggis suspects Church of Scientology is behind sexual misconduct claims

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Reports from Newspapers, Blogs, and ' started by Teanntás, Jan 6, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Teanntás

Teanntás Silver Meritorious Patron

2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Not only does Paul Haggis suspect that but when I was looking into the comment sections of a number of stories it was obvious that most of the commenters suspect that as well. Many hundreds of them!

Here's a sample of some of the comments on Yahoo News:

paul.PNG

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Published in Deadline.com:

Deborah Rennard Defends Ex-Husband Paul Haggis Against Rape Allegations

EXCLUSIVE: In the wake of several women coming forward with sexual assault allegations against Crash director Paul Haggis — charges he has denied — the filmmaker’s ex-wife asked Deadline to add her voice to the narrative, in support of her ex-husband. Deborah Rennard, a former actress perhaps best known for playing JR Ewing’s loyal secretary on Dallas, was married 12 years to Haggis and they have a son together. She grew up in the Church of Scientology and privately left the faith around the time of his highly contentious exit from the church. She said the end of their marriage happened for other reasons, unrelated to the church exit. They still work together: she reads scripts submitted to him and they co-produce some projects. Rennard said the family has been reeling since Haleigh Breest filed a civil suit last month accusing the Oscar-winning filmmaker of rape, and two other women have come forward with misconduct claims. Rennard said that because that civil lawsuit will take at least a year to play out in court, Haggis has told her he cannot speak for himself. Rennard said that given the times she saw Haggis stand up for others, she could not live with herself if she did not say something. In this slippery slope where men in Hollywood are being defined by media reports as opposed to criminal and civil trials, it is impossible for any journalistic outlet to assign guilt or innocence. But it seems fair to allow voices from both sides to be heard. Here is Rennard’s statement.

<snip>
    See Full Statement: http://deadline.com/2018/01/paul-ha...and-rape-allegations-dallas-crash-1202241096/

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  4. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

That is my sense of the man, as his ex says. I suspect a frame. The co$ has done this before - Paulette Cooper, anyone . . .
    This may be the biggest :footbullet: ever fired by co$/o$a.

5. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Interesting article about Scientology trying to dig up dirt on Paul Haggis:

"Exclusive: Oscar Winner Paul Haggis Suffers Retribution: Two Former Scientologists Say They Were Pressured to Help Frame Him with Women"

"...Haggis is now embroiled in dueling lawsuits from a young woman who allegedly extorted him, claiming rape and demanding $9 million for her silence. Then more women — these, anonymously– turned up, making accusations but not following through in any other way. It was just bad publicity. Last week, the Hollywood Reporter carried a first person account from an anonymous woman, a broadside attack with no facts.
    Is this simply Scientology taking advantage of the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements?
    The answer is Yes.
    Last week, I spoke to two former Scientologists–one a woman, the other her colleague– who’ve known Haggis for decades. They each worked for Hollywood guilds that Haggis belonged to – I promised not to reveal which ones. Each of these former Scientologists told me similar stories: a very high placed Scientology executive had asked them recently for dirt on Haggis. “Anything to do with women,” the exec said..."

More at link:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2018/01/2...y-were-pressured-to-help-frame-him-with-women

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  6. IWantOffThisTrain

IWantOffThisTrain Eternal Optimist

I am certain Co$ is behind these claims. The mere fact that none of these women have reported these "incidents" to the police is telling. One of the anonymous ones wrote a statement on the Reddit Scientology page, it doesn't make much sense and it reads like other statements the church has been behind. I haven't figured out how to do links on my phone but if google reddit scientology and go to the page it will show up there, anyone can read it and the comments but you have to log on to comment. Am curious to know what people here think about the statement...hopefully Mr. Haggis knows about the post.

7. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

8. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

What's telling, though, is the mistrust and horrible PR reputation that Scientology INC has.

Even if Haggis is guilty people suspect Scientology.

And just think...Ron's OEC volume for Div 6, PR, is the largest volume of the set!

HIP! HIP!

Thanks, Ron, for your wonderfully 100% workable tech!

9. triumph

triumph Patron Meritorious

Page 6

Paul Haggis hires PI to probe publicist who accused him of rape
    By Mara Siegler June 7, 2018

Oscar winner Paul Haggis has hired a private investigator to dig into the life of publicist Haleigh Breest after she filed a lawsuit against him claiming he raped her five years ago after a movie premiere.
    We hear Haggis, who first filed his own suit against Breest claiming she was trying to extort him, has hired former FBI agent Mark Mershon to look into her life.

more@link

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/07/paul-haggis-hires-pi-to-probe-publicist-who-accused-him-of-rape/