Paul's Robot Auditor

Discussion in 'Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scien' started by Dulloldfart, Apr 11, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

I saw your comment over ther on the dark side :nervous::D:

Is the man completely unable to communicate with humans not in his circle jerk?
    :angry:
    I read his response twice, it means absolutely nothing except reiterate his wearisome Dm is a *insert negative noun* and associate you with DM in his acolytes eyes. Scared of losing lucrative business there Marty?

Well I hope you pick up some business from lurkers Paul, but the insider group are goners I feel.

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Yes. He let it through unaltered.

Thank you. It's better than the last responses to a mention there of the Robot, from what I recall. I figure Marty's comment is some vague kind of put-down, although I don't quite get his idea. There's no frothing at the mouth from him or others. You should see the kind of things that were said on Terril's FZ group several years ago about it.

Like the link in my signature, what I offered was the Rudiments/L1C module, with no registration needed. That means I have no easy way of checking how many people access it, or what they do when they get there. I could go dig up the server logs and explore there for a while, but they don't tell me much. I'm not expecting any paying customers out of it at all, but that's fine as it isn't why I'm doing it. :)

From the book The Conscious Universe:

In science, the acceptance of new ideas follows a predictable, four-stage sequence. In Stage 1, skeptics confidently proclaim that the idea is impossible because it violates the Laws of Science. This stage can last from years to centuries, depending on how much the idea challenges conventional wisdom. In Stage 2, skeptics reluctantly concede that the idea is possible, but it is not very interesting and the claimed effects are extremely weak. Stage 3 begins when the mainstream realizes that the idea is not only important, but its effects are much stronger and more pervasive than previously imagined. Stage 4 is achieved when the same critics who used to disavow any interest in the idea begin to proclaim that they thought of it first. Eventually, no one remembers that the idea was once considered a dangerous heresy.​

Adapting this to the mechanical delivery of auditing, proclaimed impossible by Hubbardian fiat:

Stage 1. I seem to have pre-empted this one being used, at least in posts there. This is progress! :)
    Stage 2. I haven't seen this, but it seems possible.
    Stage 3. Ditto
    Stage 4. I've had one person email me that he thought of a similar thing years before I did, but it's hard to argue with five years of website records of the Robot, both the theory and the actuality, in the Internet Archive.

So I guess there's a long way to go! But at least there is some progress being made.

Paul

3. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Not particularly into " robot auditing". However anything that directs one's
    attention to problem areas is at the least a step in the right direction. Then whatever else may happen one can get into creative processing which is quite powerful.

4. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Paul's an idiot. He left that out.

5. Dulloldfart

Details, details. :)

Paul

6. Dulloldfart

Yes.

Paul

7. Spirit

Spirit just another son of God

Paul,
    There may be some confusion. The title for your zipped folder reflects the date 10/15/2012. but once the file is unzipped, the title of the file shows the date 6/21/1012. Apparently, the folder contents are current, but the title is not. Just figured you would want to know...

8. Dulloldfart

Oh! Thanks very much. I'll check it out and fix it. It will be tomorrow, though.

Paul

9. Spirit

Spirit just another son of God

This robot auditor is cool as hell. I realize the time and effort you have put into it and would like to say Thank you. I have been running the Presence exercises and doing pretty well, but I haven't started submitting reports to you. I will next time.

10. bickboi

bickboi New Member

Hey Paul,you should take a look at this:

https://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/paulsrobot.com

https://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/paulsrobot3.com

McAfee has falsely posted that your sites are malicious! This means that all McAfee SiteAdvisor users will be strongly discouraged from visiting them,since it will show up as malicious in search results and when clicking on the link,users will be warned that it is dangerous to proceed by a big red "in your face" page urging you to turn back. You should contact McAfee and sort this out....

11. Dulloldfart

Thanks very much for the warning, bickboi. I've requested a review.

And in case anyone is wondering, no, I don't think the cult is responsible. :)

Paul

12. Dulloldfart

I've spent several hours over the past couple of days fixing broken links on the http://fzglobal.org site with regard to the original Paul's Robot Auditor that has always been there. I haven't updated anything particularly, just repaired hundreds of dead links, mostly non-existent drills for the "Pro TRs Course" as I only ever half-completed it. But also quite a few for the Objectives that had never been repaired.

I also fixed the original Core module of Paul's Robot Auditor so it now works. I had lazily linked to a different version, but this goes back to the original one (more or less). Complete with (original!) hastily-tossed off graphics but I like them:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The original Core module is at http://fzglobal.org/robot_audio1/index.html (I couldn't be bothered to do a long intro for it as it seems the original never had a proper one anyway). The audio works with recent IE versions, but not with any reasonable browser. Sorry. :)

Paul

13. Dulloldfart

Happy 10th Birthday!

Today, 5th August 2016, is the 10th Birthday of PaulsRobot.​

:party: :cake: :woohoo: :cake: :party:

!0 years online!​

Paul

14. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

!0 Years is an accomplishment

With this gig, maybe I'll live to !00 :biggrin:

R

/

15. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

Re: Happy 10th Birthday!

congratulations.

You may wish to celebrate the 16th anniversary with something big.

The 16th is an important milestone... in binary.

16. Dulloldfart

PaulsRobot Iconic

Something new. I really like this. :)

It's all available free of charge from PaulsRobot2 at www.paulsrobot2.com. It's pretty much explained at that home page and I'm not going to paste it all in here. The idea is to have the same functionality as the session pages at PaulsRobot.com, but to hide all those pesky words explaining things that you may know already, and just get down to the bare bones of the thing. The notes for each session page are still there, but they are behind the "i" icon on that particular page. The "?" icon opens up a screen that shows what all those icons mean, and is the same page to page.

This first image is a screenshot from my smartphone at the opening pre-session screen. Note the existence of the ten lines of session report at the top of the image.

[​IMG]

The next five images are screenshots taken from my desktop screen of a "real" session. The session is completely fake, but it's representative of what some different screens look like as one moves through the session.

[​IMG]

Here's a copy/paste of the (fake) session report shown on the home page at PaulsRobot2.com. I have highlighted the only words typed in by the user manually: all the rest were done automatically by the browser from a couple dozen lines of javascript in one page (an ESMBer put in hours and hours and hours figuring out the javascript, for which I am very grateful, and he/she is very welcome to take a bow if desired).

08:26:07
    > > > Start of Session < < <

Hot topic? Divorce from Sam
    > SUDS score: -6

08:26:38
    Main Options > Reach & Withdraw
    R yawn yawn yawn W rub rub yawn yawn R rub rub yawn W yawn yawn R rub yawn W rub xxxx

08:32:07
    Main Options > 6-Dir
    AB xxxx BL rub yawn RT yawn LT rub yawn FR xxxx BH yawn AB rub xxxx BL xxxx

08:45:18
    Main Options > Reach & Withdraw
    R rub xxxx W rub xxxx R rub rub xxxx W xxxx

08:49:31
    Main Options
    > Topic flat: for now
    > SUDS score: -1

> Say? Better session than expected

08:50:26
    > > > End of Session < < <

Auto-Report. I've been waiting ten years for this. :woohoo:

The whole thing is not quite finished, but it's working just fine as a demo if anyone wants to try it out to get familiar with how it works.

Comments welcome.

Paul

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  17. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Has anyone actually made use of this thing?

just curious.

(After watching Westworld last nite on HBO, I'm considering investing in a sex robot start up company.)

but I digress...
    Has anyone on ESMB made use of Paul's Robot?

One at a time, please...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  18. DoneDeal

DoneDeal Patron Meritorious

I didn't, but I thought it was cool someone made something instead of just bitching all the time.

What is your point?

19. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

For disambiguation, I was laughing at the sex robot reference not the 'one at a time' comment.

While it's not something I've used, I think it is infinitely preferable to the CofS and the freezone because you have control over it, at least until it becomes self-aware.