Paul's Robot Auditor

Discussion in 'Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scien' started by Dulloldfart, Apr 11, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

I know I've mocked Paul's Robot Auditor, mainly because most in-org auditors are Robots.

But, seriously, he's putting some good stuff out there.

Like I said--Rub and Yawn didn't work normally on me--didn't key in a single yawn, but I know when a yawn does happen, get rubbing my hands and thinking positive energy.

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Yes, thank you. The last few modules haven't had a lot of Rub&Yawn in them, mainly because most of the action takes place after you've got past the dissipation of negative energy bit, at the time anyway. I think I already have quite enough variations on how to discharge unpleasant incidents and topics, and for the past few modules and the next few I am exploring things that are more fun. For me, anyway. :)

Paul

3. Dulloldfart

I thought I'd do a video intro to Paul's Robot for anyone who wants it. It's in two parts. Here's the first one:

Intro to Paul's Robot 1 of 2

Next one in an hour or so.

Paul

4. Dulloldfart

5. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

This last of course was LRH's idea. The later parts of your post are a good example of the higher levels of study tech.

6. Div6

Div6 Crusader

I still have issues getting the audio to work....

7. Dulloldfart

The audio files are background files and will play only in Internet Explorer. They won't work with Firefox, Safari, Opera etc.

If you have IE and they still won't work, check them out with another web site that plays background sound when you land on it. Something probably needs adjusting on your set up. The HTML I use is very basic, deliberately. The longer ones may take a few seconds to start playing the first time if you have a slow connection.

I'm going to bed real soon now, but there isn't much else I can say. The sound files do work. :)

Paul

8. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Oh...I don't use IE....oh well....

9. thetanic

thetanic Gold Meritorious Patron

I tried it. It's a lot of fun.

10. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't use Windows. Are the sound files an indispensable part of the process?

11. Dulloldfart

No, but they make it feel much more like a "proper" session than a solo session. The audio component is clearly shown--at least, it is in the more recent modules--so that it is possible to skip it if you must.

I'll have to do some more research on browsers. Someone must have made a plug-in for Firefox that allows the user to play background files automatically. I know it's nice to have the option of shutting off background sound that plays automatically, but it seems that Firefox has that as the *only* possibility.

Paul

12. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Ugh. Nasty proprietary bgsound tags....

http://www.webreference.com/js/column20/embed.html

13. Dulloldfart

Yes. But I must have it so that the sound plays automatically when the page opens, as quickly as possible, without any controls or anything else appearing on the page or anything needing clicking. If you can show me how to do that and be more browser-friendly, I would be very grateful. :)

Paul

14. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Problem is Paul ANY form of "automatic execution" upon download constitutes a wide open security problem on a computer.

Windows does it because the M$ business model is all about installing security problems on computers and making money off of them. That, as well as general sloppiness on their part, accounts for the ugly M$ history of major security flaws.

Public software standards created by software professionals won't allow it. Hence your dependence on non-standard proprietary html.

The rule of thumb is: automatic execution equals VERY BAD.

Mark A. Baker

15. Dulloldfart

Well, tough. I need to have web pages that will play a sound file automatically when you open them. I do have several hundred pages on my CCHs 1-4 Robot that have Flash files connected to them that require an additional two clicks, one to open the file and one to close the file, and it works because it's the only way I can do it. But I can't do that trick with my normal modules because it is too distractive to the session.

I don't mind what format the file is in. I currently use mp3, but I can change if I have to, if it would be an improvement.

I want to know how I CAN do it, not why I CAN'T do it. It's OK if it will only work after the user downloads a zip file that I provide, as the user can run that zip file through whatever anti-virus programs he wants to.

I thought we had some computer experts here. :)

Paul

16. thetanic

thetanic Gold Meritorious Patron

The newfangled way is the <audio> tag, but I don't know all the parameters offhand. I'll look into it.

17. Dulloldfart

I found this online today. I didn't ask the anonymous author's permission to copypasta it, but since he didn't ask mine to copypasta a whole page of mine I'm sure he won't mind. :)

From "Pocky" 29/8/08 on a message board at http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread386394/pg1

Paul

18. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Thats a damn good success story. :)

I'm jealous!!

19. Dulloldfart

Yeah, it is pretty good for a non-Scio newbie, isn't it?

Feel free to post it on your forums. :D

Paul

20. Div6

Div6 Crusader

That's a great win. Better than Gat....and free.