People names Scientology whistle-blower Leah Remini 1 of 25 most intriguing people

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by CommunicatorIC, Dec 9, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

People magazine names Scientology whistle-blower Leah Remini one of year's 25 most intriguing people.

Mike Rinder has the story.

Hurricane Leah Rolls On

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/hurricane-leah-rolls-on/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

[​IMG]

This is from the 21 December issue of People magazine feature 25 most intriguing people of the year.

The text is a little fuzzy, here is what it says:

The actress revealed why she left the Church of Scientology in her book Troublemaker detailing why she questioned the bahvior of church officials and became disillusioned with fellow follower Tom Cruise. Remini, 45, told People leaving was “like a rebirth,,, I’ve been given a second chance at life.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Attached Files:

2. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Re: People names Scientology whistle-blower Leah Remini 1 of 25 most intriguing peopl

Cool! :biggrin:

Intriguing, interesting, talented, stunning, fun and a terrific role model to boot. She's absolutely amazing and completely genuine.

Compare to those who missed the list like TC. How many times can anyone hear variations of the same pathetic Hubbard PR false persona spewing the same old worn out Hubbardisms. Boring.

3. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Re: People names Scientology whistle-blower Leah Remini 1 of 25 most intriguing peopl

Hurricane Leah delivered a BLOW of epic magnitude.

Whose next?

Who will the next $ellebrity to leave and speak out against the henious cult of Scientology?

Tom Cruise?

John Travolta?

Krustie Alley?

Elisabeth Moss?

Laura Prepon?

That is about it as far as $ellebrities go....

I really like Elisabeth Moss - I hope she wakes up!

4. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

I can't wait for the load of beans Papa Miscavige is going to spill on his son.

If he dies, he dies. Awesome title.

5. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

In many ways 2015 has got to be the worst year ever for Scientology, PR-wise.

Go Leah!

In addition to the HBO movie "GOING CLEAR" absolutely poisoning Scn's already devastated reputation, one of the cult's top four celebrities blows. Very publicly. One of the "Suppressive Acts" listed in Hubbard's never-ending manifesto of things that will justify the cult destroying you without remorse.

In Hubbard's own paranoid words, here are some the unforgiveable evil acts Leah committed. Straight outta the HIGH CRIMES HCOPL.

“156) Public disavowal of Scientology or Scientologists in good standing with Scientology organizations.

“157) Public statements against Scientology or Scientologists but not to Committees of Evidence duly convened.

“159) Pronouncing Scientologists guilty of the practice of standard Scientology.”

“164) Writing anti-Scientology letters to the press or giving anti-Scientology or anti-Scientologist data to the press.”

Scientology in less than a dozen words:
    If you pay & obey, no problem. You talk, you die.

6. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

Have you heard something about a book?

7. HelluvaHoax!

That's always an interesting question to contemplate. "Who'll Be The Next in Line?" Cue music:

[video=youtube;J7lhMDrxEZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7lhMDrxEZU[/video]

And, I've added a few more names to the mix, with gratuitous commentary:

Tom Cruise? (No, he's not going anywhere. Being the super able being that he is, he's still able to commit yet even greater acts of cringey cult pomposity. The best is yet to come!)

John Travolta? (No, too many ghosts in the closet. Just sayin')

Krustie Alley? (No. Big beings like Kirstie have worked far too hard at perfecting the art of "making it go right" to ever admit that they made it go wrong.)

Elisabeth Moss? (Possible, there's hope here. That is, if her handlers ever lose sight of her in traffic and lose the tail).

Laura Prepon? (Irrelevant. She's too far off the radar for anyone to care)

Nancy Cartright? (No. She appears destined to remain crazy-glued in the crazy-cult, only to later retire in an old Victorian mansion with dusty furniture and hundreds of cats. Then she'll pick up ventriloquy so she can make the cats talk to her in really high pitched annoying cartoon voices.)

Jenna Elfman? (No. She has far too much certainty. Anyone who can stand on a busy Hollywood boulevard screaming "Have you raped a baby?!" is not likely to suddenly go sane any time soon)

8. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

That's old news! :whistling:

Morning Quickies: John Travolta Allegedly Tried To Give Blowjob To “Grease” Co-Star Jeff Conaway

EDIT: Oh, you were writing about Leah.

Nevermind!

[video=youtube;OjYoNL4g5Vg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjYoNL4g5Vg[/video]

9. Type4_PTS

10. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

What about Greta Van Susteren?

11. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

12. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

13. Type4_PTS

I think I met some of them as well. :unsure:

Didn't his sister come into Boston Org occasionally during the early to mid 1980's? (she came down from New Hampshire)

14. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

She lived in NH but she never came to the org when I was there. We took an event to their house in NH and did the event there. They had between 20-30 people at her house that would never come to the org. So they had a party at her house. They were all drinking. I believe her husband was Larry Berns at the time.

15. Type4_PTS

Maybe you're referring to a different sister.

I'm referring to Denise, the sister profiled in this SP Times article:
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ader-miscavige-arrested-for-marijuana/2129224

Back when I was in Boston (1979-86) I believe she went by Denise Covington at that time. She did marry a couple times after that but don't think Larry Berns was one of them.

16. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Be still my foolish heart!

17. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Attached Files:

18. HelluvaHoax!

That's an interesting question.

Greta and John (Coale) are apparently extraordinarily intelligent and rational people.

How they have managed to remain in Scientology under the deluge of hard facts that have emerged about the cult the past ten years is rather amazing, actually.

But, are they still in? I haven't noticed either of them in any church promo or publicized at events, so I wonder. I hold out a shard of hope that they very quietly became uninvolved. Hypothetically, if that actually happened, it would be smart for both sides to keep each other out of an unseemly media battle. I would imagine that the COS, as stupid-crazy as they are, would not want a fight with the most powerful cable network (Fox) and a longstanding popular anchor with her own daily show!

Anybody actually know if they are still aboard with dedicated, planet-clearing glares?

19. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

From Tony Ortega:

We were disappointed that the Post ‘s otherwise very good piece left out a really interesting recent anecdote about Coale. On February 27, Washington Examiner reporter Eddie Scarry was covering the Conservative Political Action Conference, the annual confab that draws conservative political hopefuls and the press that covers them. In a series of tweets, Scarry said that while he was at CPAC he introduced himself to Coale, who then pulled Scarry “close to his face” and berated him for criticizing Scientology in print.

That surprised Scarry, who doesn’t write about Scientology. But he figured Coale must have been reacting to a tweet Scarry had put out. In the tweet, Scarry said something about New York Times columnist Joe Nocera writing about Alex Gibney’s film Going Clear and admitted that he, Scarry, was looking forward to seeing the film.
    So for merely expressing that desire to see Gibney’s movie, Scarry got a face full of John Coale dressing him down at the CPAC gathering in February. We have a feeling that Coale in full intimidation mode is something to see.

http://tonyortega.org/2015/05/27/jo...-of-scientology-drug-technology-a-meditation/

20. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

http://tonyortega.org/2015/05/27/jo...-drug-technology-a-meditation/comment-page-1/

///
    Coale, (John P. Coale), in other words, is a well known attorney who likes to use his money to influence politics behind the scenes. He also happens to be married to Greta Van Susteren, the Fox News host. They are both longtime Scientologists.
    ///
    The name for the group Coale came up with was pretty clever: Freedom, Liberty And Good Government Political Action Committee, or FLAGG PAC.
    ///
    Coale is looking like he’s recovering nicely. But what we wanted to ask him about was another procedure he had done as a Scientologist. According to Scientology’s own Source magazine, issue 95, Coale completed an audited level called “New OT IV” in 1995.
    ///
    …..on OT IV, you learn that there’s even more work than simply chasing away these “body thetans” or “BTs.” It turns out that your unseen body thetans also have drug histories, and it’s your job to get them all to go through some kind of rehab to dry out.
    ///
    According to Source magazine, Greta Van Susteren completed New OT IV in 1992.