Peter Gilliham sues fellow OT-8's for legal malpractice, fraud, and elder abuse..

Discussion in 'Legal and Government Actions Involving Scientology' started by Smurf, Sep 24, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

OMG. I was doing research in county court records & this recently filed lawsuit caught my eye. Scientology's vitamin king, himself, is suing fellow Scilons, claiming they caused him to lose over $8 million in income.

THIS IS HUGE!!!!

Case Number: BC492003
    CONQUEST INTERNATIONAL ET AL VS R ROSSER COLE ET AL

Filing Date: 09/12/2012
    Case Type: Legal Malpractice (General Jurisdiction)

Parties:

COLE R. ROSSER - Defendant/Respondent
    CONQUEST INTERNATIONAL - Plaintiff/Petitioner
    DOES 1-50 - Defendant/Respondent

PETER GILLHAM - Plaintiff/Petitioner

LAW OFFICES OF LLOYD S. PANTELL - Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

HINTON KREDITOR & GRONROOS LLP - Defendant/Respondent

R. ROSSER COLE A LAW CORPORATION - Defendant/Respondent

SOBEL LESLIE - Defendant/Respondent

Documents Filed:

09/12/2012 Complaint (40 pages long.. will be posted soon).

http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/civilcasesummary/index.asp

2. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

^^

Smurf, if you are registered, please post the DOX so we can see them. VERY CURIOUS!!!!

3. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

Does this mean Peter Gillham is OUT?

R Rosser Cole is the attorney/agent for:

Criminon International
    Golden Gate Apple School

4. Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn Fountain Campbell Silver Meritorious Patron

Holy moly and halleluia! I guess he is out. Finally! He was the only one in his family who wasn't.

Which brings up a question: Will all the scientologists working for him now have to quit their jobs? Or will they leave too -- en masse?

So yeah, Smurf. It is huge.

<3
    Lynn

5. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

His employees... right! Leaving ENMASSE!?! Oh the thought! Gillham's company is practically the Church of Gillham to them.

Oh please, God, let it be so... :begging:

6. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

As much as I never liked Peter Gillham's personality, I respected him. I will say this for him -

He built up his business honestly. No pyramid schemes. He solicited business, he marketed, he took advantage of the scn market early on and that was a huge advantage, but he worked at it. He worked very, very hard at it with heaps of ups and downs, through Chinese cheap imports and everything.

He would have NO sympathy for scamming pyramid schemers ripping off the elderly and their get-rich-quick Ponzi schemes ME ME ME first attitudes and cold thieving of the frail, elderly and disabled's savings and futures.

7. OperatingSP

OperatingSP Patron with Honors

8. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

OMG it keeps on coming! :omg:

9. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

Have read the gist of this and scanned the rest.

Gillham is the elderly abused. The lawsuit appears fairly simple - he was ripped off when trying to sell his business.

Gillham's lawyer's key points is the defendants failed to deliver the promissory note or include the other assets, nor did they pay the agreed purchase price.

The fact it states elder abuse leads me to believe Peter's son assisted him with this and was angered by what occurred.

What is not fully documented here is the defendant tried to rope Gillham into a "marketing agreement" as part of the purchase. That raises a red flag for me of pyramid scheming but that is not the main point of the lawsuit, which is very straightforward.

Peter Gillham and others named must be out, then.

10. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

I read the complaint. It looks like Rosser has got a mess on his hands. He did get a Waiver of Conflict of Interest form executed, but it appears that he seriously breached his ongoing fiduciary duties AFTER that, during the lengthy period it took to actually get the deal fully closed and perfected (there were key elements of the sale like the actual finalized numbers) that took years to deliver to Gillham.

Throwing in that elderly abuse claim (he was 81) has got to be a scary touch for the defendants too.

Rosser went thru total hell with losing his family's dough in the Reid Slatkin meltdown and had to, essentially, start over again.

Now he has a world of trouble and hurt here again.

If Gillham was on COS lines they would have thrown it over into WISE mediation/arbitration or handled it internally at WISE INT to not let the public hear about this huge flap of well-known OTs litigating each other to death. I doubt Gillham would have gotten "permission" (per policy) to sue. He probably just said "Fuck It!" and sued anyways.

One interesting term of the sale is that the purchasing company was bound to confidentiality about Gillham having sold the company--except to banks, landlords and other legal transactions. BUT........to the employees and staff of the company, the purchaser was required to say that Gillham was still the owner of the corporation! Jesus, that is real Scientology stuff where the parishioners are the only ones who are not allowed to know what is going on in the organization they work for!

11. Smurf

12. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

Thanks, HH.

Rosser had no business making so many exceptions for their client that appeared to be well outside the agreement and real estate law. Scns must learn that being a scn doesn't mean one sets aside their professional integrity and the requirements of their licensing. When scns learn that scn is NOT "above the law", perhaps those with professional certificates in RE, Law, Medical and Financial Management might raise their professionalism to an acceptable standard for their certification. The house of cards is tumbling down.

13. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

I thought Peter Gilliham is OTVIII. Why would he do such a thing to a fellow OTVIII?
    Now all his vitamins will be SP declared. I has sad. Them old people are crazy.

[​IMG]

14. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Thanks!

This is not going to be a cut and dry case from what I can see. Peter signed the contract. I cannot believe he actually signed that Conflict of Interest release of liability so Cole could rep both parties. I notice that Rosser Cole didn't sign it or the contract. Additionally, the contract/agreement is signed by the buyer and seller but not notarized or witnessed. Very sloppy paperwork.

BTW,. Just to play devil's advocate here for a moment, consider that it could be the other way around. Rosser Cole could be out and be 'fair game' to sue. Leslie hasn't done a service in years and neither has Rosser Cole. He's been low key since the Slatkin fraud matter.

Justin Farmer, of Natural Dynamics is 'a friend' of Rosser Cole on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/justin.farmer.737
    On it he shows he LIKES Dror Soref's 'Skyline Films' :eyeroll:

Unbelieveable. Birds of a feather, flock together I guess.

Anyway, Rosser Cole has little activity on his Facebook but quite a few Scn's as Friends. Still, they could have been added years ago. http://www.facebook.com/rosser.cole

Peter is actively posting on his Facebook but he doesn't show his friend list to non friends.
    http://www.facebook.com/peter.gillham.7?ref=ts

Does anyone know if Peter is doing this lawsuit without consent of the church? That's what we need to know.

15. Happy Days

Happy Days Silver Meritorious Patron

Yes, couldn't agree more Gotta .... but as we all know any disagreement, issue or business wrong doings must be dealt with internally through CoS line.... so unfortunately that leads to unscrupulous dealings with individuals taking licence to do what ever they please and in their own self interest whether illegal or otherwise.... as long as the cult is getting its cut it turns a blind eye.
    Good news to read that OT's are now gunning for each other ... more will leave the cult as a result less $$$'s into the cults coffers :biggrin:

16. Smurf

One way to see Peter's Facebook friends are those that have commented on his posts & those that "like" them.

I've sent the attachment to Tony O & other media people, so, hopefully, your question can be answered with a media call to Gillham's attorney. :)

Lloyd Stephen Pantell
    Bar Number: 79150
    Address: 3210 Dona Raquel Pl, Studio City, CA 91604
    Phone Number: (323) 804-5616
    Fax Number: (818) 994-0833
    e-mail: [email protected]

17. AnonyMary

Well, the other day Peter posted a link and quote from a scientology.org page, so I suspect he's still in.

18. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

No, No, No Rosser has been plugging away on new OT7. His wife completed 8 on the ship a few years ago. As to him being out - that is verrrrry unlikely. His daughter is a NOT's C/S at AOLA - there is no way he would walk with her in the SO. The Coles are very much about family.

Mimsey

19. AnonyMary

Wow! So, perhaps Peter is out.....

Are all Peter's kids out of Scientology? Anyone know how many kids he has?

Certainly there is more info needed. I was just speculating about Rosser. Thanks for the input.

20. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

if Peter's kid is behind the suit, is he a scio? I have a feeling both parties are in but are ignoring the scio rule. I'll bet that they think there is no way WISE is going to give them a fair deal, or be even capable of understanding the legal issues at hand.

If it were me, that's what I would do - WISE's findings wouldn't stand up in a court of law unless you signed some sort of legal doc accepting them. With a lot of money at stake - I'd want the full protection of the law. I wouldn't want some one who has no understanding of the law deciding my case. What about the Gilliham's lawyers? Are they scio's?

Mimsey