What's new

Phil Donahue Nails Heber!

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cX4YpHHcfE&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLEBAFB2F2EA034752

Please keep re-posting this, around the Net. Heber was the President of the "church" of $cientology when he did this show with Phil Donahue.
Phil nails him, over and over and over, thankfully. I was "in" back when this show aired. I didn't watch it.
However we used to all talk about how sad it was that Heber seemed "Gutted" as we'd call it. It was like the body snatchers
(David Miscavige and gang) took his soul and left him with this empty, feeble quackery. Having known him from when
he first joined in the early 70's (arriving with long hair and his guitar, singing "Old Blue")---to Mr Corporate Guy here,
he surely was gone.

Love to ALL :cheers:

Tory/Magoo

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Thanks Magoo . . . just wondering: do I thmell poothy?

6781962850_474c2ab0d0.jpg

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
Wow, thanks, Tory.

You know what, I have respect for both of them. Here is an articulate, honest, and (relatively) well-informed critic going up against an articulate, well-informed, and (relatively) honest representive of the church. For both of them - this is how you do it.

They are like two blind men experiencing an elephant. Heber is being caressed by the elephant's trunk and saying "How nice" while Donahue has his arm up the elephant's ass and says "This is full of shit."

disinfected

FoTi

Crusader
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cX4YpHHcfE&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLEBAFB2F2EA034752

Please keep re-posting this, around the Net. Heber was the President of the "church" of $cientology when he did this show with Phil Donahue.
Phil nails him, over and over and over, thankfully. I was "in" back when this show aired. I didn't watch it.
However we used to all talk about how sad it was that Heber seemed "Gutted" as we'd call it. It was like the body snatchers
(David Miscavige and gang) took his soul and left him with this empty, feeble quackery. Having known him from when
he first joined in the early 70's (arriving with long hair and his guitar, singing "Old Blue")---to Mr Corporate Guy here,
he surely was gone.

Tory/Magoo

Thanks for this video, Magoo. I never saw this before. I then watched all 6 videos on Youtube.

Heber is an obvious liar and he knows he's lying.....he's covering up for the crimes and evil deeds of the CoS, just like he was trained to do. He is deliberately misleading the people in the audience and all others who are watching the show. Anybody who has been involved with the CoS for any length of time, who watches this, knows when Heber is lying......and most of them, if they are still involved, will not admit to it, if asked about it.

Phil did an excellent job on this show.

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
I am only one third through the first episode and I find myself having to take a break. I am literally squirming in my skin while listening to "Reverend" Heber Jentsch spouting the party line.

My God, Scientologists are such slimy creatures. Watching this is like therapy for me as is reminds me of the uncomfortable feeling I had around many Scientologists while I was "in". Even when I was believing in auditing I had a nagging, deep-seated feeling that most Scientologists were fake, insincere people. Especially when spouting the well-rehearsed soundbites that we are all familiar with - as demonstrated perfectly by the "Reverend".

... well, back to the show ... (shiver .....)

BTW - Thanks for posting this Tory ! I was unaware of this series of videos, and Phil Donahue is impressing the hell out of me already. I had forgotten what a great talk-show host he was.

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
I finally got through all six parts of this Phil Donahue / Scientology episode. It is torturous to listen to the same old crap being spewed out over and over, but it is interesting to see that the entire audience is skeptical, disbelieving, untrusting, and seemingly well-informed about the Scientology cult. The single exception was an obvious Scientology plant in the audience - a woman who claimed to have been a member for 20 years and was just reciting the party line.

Well worth watching, and interesting to see that nothing has changed in all this time since the episode was originally aired. Phil Donahue did an excellent job.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
why don't we see this type of show and interview nowadays?
cos they are cowards and know we already see right thru the scam:yes:

mysterysandwich

Patron with Honors
Say, that's Stacy Brooks at 9:18.

he surely was gone.

Tory/Magoo

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
If I was making a documentary about Heeber Jentzch, I would have a SPLIT-SCREEN where on the left side he would be dressed in his Brooks Brothers suit or minister's costume...boasting about "Total Freedom" and the miracles of Scientology.

And on the right side of the screen I would run footage of the 77 year old, broken-down Heeber on the RPF in his black jumpsuit, cleaning out a garbage dumpsters with his toothbrush, being thrown into an icy scum-filled pond or licking a bathroom floor clean.

For all the good qualities he may have had, I would have to put him in the top 3 people in Scientology's entire 60 year history in terms of who has spewed the greatest volume of lies about the cult (Hubbard and Miscavich being the other two).

The entire story of Heeber the actor-turned-propaganda-con-artist gives me the Heeber Jeebies.

If I was making a documentary about Heeber Jentzch, I would have a SPLIT-SCREEN where on the left side he would be dressed in his Brooks Brothers suit or minister's costume...boasting about "Total Freedom" and the miracles of Scientology.

And on the right side of the screen I would run footage of the 77 year old, broken-down Heeber on the RPF in his black jumpsuit, cleaning out a garbage dumpsters with his toothbrush, being thrown into an icy scum-filled pond or licking a bathroom floor clean.

For all the good qualities he may have had, I would have to put him in the top 3 people in Scientology's entire 60 year history in terms of who has spewed the greatest volume of lies about the cult (Hubbard and Miscavich being the other two).

The entire story of Heeber the actor-turned-propaganda-con-artist gives me the Heeber Jeebies.

A Debbie Cook vid would be possible.......Welcoming You To FLAG split with Debbie's courtroom tales of The Hole........:)

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
A Debbie Cook vid would be possible.......Welcoming You To FLAG split with Debbie's courtroom tales of The Hole........:)

That juxtraposition would be a devastating indictment of Scientology.

It brings to mind other possibilities....

Split-screen of Paulette Cooper on one side telling about the crime wave Ron waged against her to frame her into false imprisonment, a mental breakdown, institutionalization and/or suicide.

And the other side would be glowing success stories about Ron's kindness and compassion and other stories about Mankind's Greatest Friend.

freethinker

Sponsor
I don't know why I thought of this but when I re-watched the first video with Heebie, the thought came into my mind that some day you can go to Madamme Tussauds Wax Museum and see the Scientology Exhibit.

There'll be Heber and Phill, DM and the boys in the hole, Marty and the Squirrel busters, Debbie in a trashcan, Virginia and Xenophon, RPF'ers at Big Blue, Tom and Dave on their motorcycles, Larry Wollersheim screaming down the street scratching at his BT's, Ted Koppel and DM, a legion of Anonymous, Jabba the Hubbard, and it will make more money than the church ever did.