What's new

Please Help. Need to get back my pc folders back.

Hi, I am new to the board. I am an ex scientologist (over 25 years although I was never in the SO). I don't have much knowledge of how the internal matters work inside the church. I have recently had my last straw with scientology and want to disconnect from the church. There is just one problem - they have my pc folders and I want them back as I dont want them having my personal data and they have no right to keep them. I have not yet asked for them back because I'm not ready to make it known that I want nothing to do with the church - At least not untill I get my folders back. So my question is, if I walk in the church and ask for them back, will they give them back or how does this work? And how do I know that they will give all my personal files back? And is there a seperate ethics folder or do they stack that one into the pc folder? What are my legal rights on this? I don't recall sighning any papers stating that they are entitled to keep these folders (unless that one slipped through the bunches). I am also afraid that they have or will make copies of my files:no:
It would mean a lot if someone could help me on this matter.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
What country are you in? Data protection laws are different country to country. It is possible they are within their rights to not hand them over. Also remember it violates Hubbard's rules to have a pc read his own folders, which some staffers might think makes a stronger case for not turning them over to you.

As for being assured that they won't make copies, well, if they want to they will and will lie about it if they need to, like if it violates the law or something. If they have no reason to make copies then they won't bother.

The very best thing is to not give a rat's ass what happens to them.

Paul

Thank you. I've been reading a lot of the threads on on this board, the past days. They are really helping me a lot and given me a lot of reassurance with the feelings I've been dealing with lately towards Scientology and it's orgs. It's only quite recent that I have come to realise how damaging Scientology is and has been to many ex scientologists (Unfortunately a bit late but better late than never).
As for which country I am in: Denmark.
I really dread the thought of going to the org and asking for them. At this point I don't want to see any scientologists. I know it will also be unpleasant for me to walk into the org and ask for my folders back.I can hardly be bothered with their robotic glaring look and more treatment of 'you are a supressive person'. But I will do what ever it takes to get these folders back because these are my rights. I just don't have enough information on how this works. So I want to atleast be prepared for what I should expect.

Also remember it violates Hubbard's rules to have a pc read his own folders, which some staffers might think makes a stronger case for not turning them over to you.

Oh, and as for the above, I'm well aware of that which is why I'm questioning my possibilities of getting my folders back. I don't want the rest of the org reading my personal date. I've seen personal date being misused and even spread as rumours which I find disgusting. I don't trust these guys one bit.

so...

"there's something rotten in denmark" eh?

welcome to the board fellow traveler

25 years was it? there's probably several people you knew here

good luck with your folders but you probably won't get them back

you probably shouldn't worry. they won't bother with them unless you make yourself a problem to them. with the internet and so many exscientologists these days i'm sure they are hardpressed to concentrate on even the most vocal and visible

FLOURISH

The best bet is to subpeona them through an attorney. All medical records (and pc folders would apply here) belong to the patient. This applies to therapy records as well, although people aren't interested in seeing them unless a law suit occurs. I'd find an atty who specializes in working with ex-Scn. clients....

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
You might also want to check your country's privacy legislation. Under these laws organisations are compelled to return to you any confidential or private information -- as well as maintain a number of policies and practices to guarantee the security of your information.

In my experience, CoS violates most of the Australian standards regarding privacy and confidentiality but I don't know what the situation is in Denmark.

It may be best for you to get some legal help, as Flourish suggested.

so...

"there's something rotten in denmark" eh?

welcome to the board fellow traveler

25 years was it? there's probably several people you knew here

good luck with your folders but you probably won't get them back

you probably shouldn't worry. they won't bother with them unless you make yourself a problem to them. with the internet and so many exscientologists these days i'm sure they are hardpressed to concentrate on even the most vocal and visible

It's been rotten for a while. But I'm through with it. I want my dignity and my freedom of speach back. It's been more than 25 years and enough 'incidents' to cover a book. I know that there's a very good chance that OSA would see this thread so I want to keep myself anonymous. I know too well how they operate even if I have never joined the Sea Org.
I'm really surprised on how many ex scientologists there are out there, much more than I thought. Do you know of many ex scientologists in Denmark that have left the church?
I will do what it takes to get my folders back. I don't like the idea that a bunch of incompetent 8 graders drop outs have the privillige of looking into my files. I simply dont trust them and Im very unconfertable with the idea of them having these files. I've got nothing to hide but these are very personal and intimate data that they have which ofcourse you are familiar with.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
It's been rotten for a while. But I'm through with it. I want my dignity and my freedom of speach back. It's been more than 25 years and enough 'incidents' to cover a book. I know that there's a very good chance that OSA would see this thread so I want to keep myself anonymous. I know too well how they operate even if I have never joined the Sea Org.
I'm really surprised on how many ex scientologists there are out there, much more than I thought. Do you know of many ex scientologists in Denmark that have left the church?
I will do what it takes to get my folders back. I don't like the idea that a bunch of incompetent 8 graders drop outs have the privillige of looking into my files. I simply dont trust them and Im very unconfertable with the idea of them having these files. I've got nothing to hide but these are very personal and intimate data that they have which ofcourse you are familiar with.

Fabulous Danish ex - http://www.forum.exscn.net/member.php?917-SchwimmelPuckel

You can send him a private message, if you have trouble with that just post and ask. :)

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
What country are you in? Data protection laws are different country to country. It is possible they are within their rights to not hand them over. Also remember it violates Hubbard's rules to have a pc read his own folders, which some staffers might think makes a stronger case for not turning them over to you.

As for being assured that they won't make copies, well, if they want to they will and will lie about it if they need to, like if it violates the law or something. If they have no reason to make copies then they won't bother.

The very best thing is to not give a rat's ass what happens to them.

Paul

If you were able to read your folders you would likely find an overwhelming amount of cryptic communication, a sort of scientology shorthand between auditor and case supervisor. Even an FESer, someone whose job it is to read the folders looking for errors and omissions, would find it difficult to read. Some auditors write so poorly that going over them is a painful experience.

If there are any reports that resemble plain language you would likely read them in disbelief having discovered how little duplication there actually was between you and your auditor.

If an auditor or C/S made a comment, as they often do on the C/S page for the next session, well it's just an evaluation, and one you would not necessarily agree with anyway.

So, I think Paul is right on target: Don't give a rat's ass what happens to them. You are long gone from the organization. The folders are likely buried in archives. Why draw attention to yourself and them?

Finally, you are not your folders. Move on.

BunnySkull

FYI: .....(My take on the exchange that has transpired since the quote was used, I could be totally wrong.)

Edit: I was wrong, Bunny didn't read OP as closely as she should have. Deleted to avoid any further derail on an important info thread.

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
Anything in any of your folders not written by you is not you, it's hearsay.

There is no proof that what is in your folder is what you said. Auditors often write what they want and most can't keep up with what you say anyway.

So unless you wrote it, it didn't happen unless it was recorded on tape but even then, who says you didn't make it up?

FoTi

Crusader
If you were able to read your folders you would likely find an overwhelming amount of cryptic communication, a sort of scientology shorthand between auditor and case supervisor. Even an FESer, someone whose job it is to read the folders looking for errors and omissions, would find it difficult to read. Some auditors write so poorly that going over them is a painful experience.

If there are any reports that resemble plain language you would likely read them in disbelief having discovered how little duplication there actually was between you and your auditor.

If an auditor or C/S made a comment, as they often do on the C/S page for the next session, well it's just an evaluation, and one you would not necessarily agree with anyway.

So, I think Paul is right on target: Don't give a rat's ass what happens to them. You are long gone from the organization. The folders are likely buried in archives. Why draw attention to yourself and them?

Finally, you are not your folders. Move on.

Ted's right....and Paul too.....

And....even if you did get the folders back they most likely would have already made a copy of anything and everything they could ever use against you. And even if there isn't anything in your folders that they can use against you, they will make up shit about you anyway, even if it never happened if they want to discredit you and cause you trouble. Scientology doesn't care if something is legal or illegal, true or false.........they will lie to cover up anything they do and will twist things in their favor, if they can. Do you really think they would give you back your folders with all that juicy information without having a back up in their data base?

I know there are lies and misinformation in my folders because of things that they said to me which never happened in my life. I knew it for 10 years before I left. They insisted that their lies were truth. They operate on so much BS. Folders or no folders, they will say whatever they want to say about you and do whatever they want to do if they want to make you look bad. Look at Paulette Cooper. She was never a Scientologist.....she had no PC folders, but they created such a situation for her and lied about her......she almost ended up in prison for life without having done anything illegal. If the FBI hadn't broken into the CoS and got the records from the GO about the plot/operation the CoS/GO had going against her, no one would have known she was innocent. The CoS is a real skanky organization. It's a good thing you are waking up to what they are about.

If you do get your folders back you might find a lot of horse poo :horse: in them that didn't come from you.

The lack of duplication between PC and auditor, auditor and C/S, notes from D of Ps, as well as the people that do the FESing, and what can end up coming back at you at the end of all this round of communication (also known as a game called 'telephone' where what is said at one end of the line of people and passed one from another down to the other end and comes out quite different than what was originally said) can end up in a mess and make one quite..... :nervous: ......and.... :grouch: ....and.... :bigcry: ....and.... :depressed:

But....it might be interesting to find out what Knowledge Reports have been written on you that you never saw and no one ever told you about. I had friends who peeked in their folders when they weren't supposed to and found some outlandish stuff written about themselves that were outright lies. They got in trouble for looking but were also able to straighten out the mess because they got their hands on the false data that was being used against them. But.....I don't think that would be worth doing today since one can get auditing outside of the CoS with top trained, very competent auditors, and without all the hastle, curruption and the exorbitant cost of trying to do services in the CoS.....and you'll be able to have freedom of speech while getting auditing....and you won't have to contribute to any Ideal Orgs either. :biggrin:

The CoS is really a crazy place. It's not at all what most of us thought it was ever supposed to be. It's a racket....it's a con....it's a trap. There is more freedom and truth outside of the CoS than inside it.

Glad you found ESMB. :)

FoTi

Crusader
Thank you. I've been reading a lot of the threads on on this board, the past days. They are really helping me a lot and given me a lot of reassurance with the feelings I've been dealing with lately towards Scientology and it's orgs. It's only quite recent that I have come to realise how damaging Scientology is and has been to many ex scientologists (Unfortunately a bit late but better late than never).
As for which country I am in: Denmark.
I really dread the thought of going to the org and asking for them. At this point I don't want to see any scientologists. I know it will also be unpleasant for me to walk into the org and ask for my folders back.I can hardly be bothered with their robotic glaring look and more treatment of 'you are a supressive person'. But I will do what ever it takes to get these folders back because these are my rights. I just don't have enough information on how this works. So I want to atleast be prepared for what I should expect.

FYI: I could be wrong, but just in case, I think there was some confusion with the use of the "rotten in Denmark" quote. The quote is from Shakesphere's Hamlet - it refers to corruption, all is not well at the top,etc...I don't think our OP is from Denmark, and was a bit befuddled by the reference and being given contacts there.

(My take on the exchange that has transpired since the quote was used, I could be totally wrong.)

Notice..Bunny....OP says..As for which country I am in: Denmark.

BunnySkull

Notice..Bunny....OP says..As for which country I am in: Denmark.

Lol - oops well I did say I could be very wrong and I was. It does explain to ME why hamlet was quoted in first place. I didn't read closely and was under the assumption he was trying to be a bit anon, hence wouldn't reveal his regional locale. I'll edit the above to avoid further derail.