What's new

Positive Things - It Helps

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
Jon Raffanello (earlier on ESMB known as "the Magic Thetan" but now deceased) told me he was in touch with guys dealing with exactly what was revealed in that video . . . Beings who with and by their "thought" or spiritual intent would/could direct their "space" craft that was capable of anti-gravity. As Jon put it: "The crew of the ship were spiritually at-one-with the MEST of the vessel, and by thought could manipulate it.

Jon was an old SHSBC grad from UK in the days when Hubbs was there . . . but got bounced out of the cult by the "powers" around 1981 as being too woo woo and "way out."
I got my intro lecture on scn from John Rafanello (sp?) at the Mission of Honolulu in 1975. He wasn't on staff but gave a lecture each Friday night which was the big event of the week. Everybody who could, stopped what they were doing to come in and listen to him, regardless of case level. If I hadn't found his lectures so interesting I'd probably never have got into scn.

John can be seen briefly at SH in the film "Scientology: A Faith For Sale." John may have told you he was at SH when Hubbs was there, but he had a tendency to exaggerate. I knew someone else who was there with him (also in the film) and she told me Hubbs was not there then (confirmed by the film's narration).

I did not know him well at all (I was intimidated by OT's then), but he was a far-out dude, indeed. I think he was in the Freezone even before the Freezone existed.

RogerB

Crusader
John can be seen briefly at SH in the film "Scientology: A Faith For Sale." John may have told you he was at SH when Hubbs was there, but he had a tendency to exaggerate. I knew someone else who was there with him (also in the film) and she told me Hubbs was not there then (confirmed by the film's narration).
That film is a bit misleading, Pineapple . . .

Dick Moor, on staff with me in London 1967 onward, is in that film talking about his Clear experience. Dick went Clear in 1966. Raffo, as I had nicknamed him, is there listening to a tape in the Chapel.

To be noted is that just before the film shows Raffo, the film was showing folks arriving from the US into the Reg office in the new Castle, into which the course rooms were moved.

What they appear to have done is edited the film out of sequence/context as Raffo happens to be the face showing as the dialogue mentions Hubbard had taken of "some 6 months ago."

The film is a compilation of stuff from different times.

Raffo mentioned to me he got there just before Hubbs took off.

After doing the SHSBC (a long course as there was the 100's of tapes to do by then) Raffo went Clear in early around Feb/March 1968 . . . this according to the records in Auditor Mag.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
That film is a bit misleading, Pineapple . . .

Dick Moor, on staff with me in London 1967 onward, is in that film talking about his Clear experience. Dick went Clear in 1966. Raffo, as I had nicknamed him, is there listening to a tape in the Chapel.

To be noted is that just before the film shows Raffo, the film was showing folks arriving from the US into the Reg office in the new Castle, into which the course rooms were moved.

What they appear to have done is edited the film out of sequence/context as Raffo happens to be the face showing as the dialogue mentions Hubbard had taken of "some 6 months ago."

The film is a compilation of stuff from different times.

Raffo mentioned to me he got there just before Hubbs took off.

After doing the SHSBC (a long course as there was the 100's of tapes to do by then) Raffo went Clear in early around Feb/March 1968 . . . this according to the records in Auditor Mag.
Okay, could be. But I know later on John claimed to be in telepathic comm with LRH, and Elvis ... He apparently continued to buy Hubbs' "man's greatest friend" PR to the end, unfortunately. I was wondering if his affection for "Ron" might have led him to stretch the facts a little.

Just speculation.

RogerB

Crusader
Okay, could be. But I know later on John claimed to be in telepathic comm with LRH, and Elvis ... He apparently continued to buy Hubbs' "man's greatest friend" PR to the end, unfortunately. I was wondering if his affection for "Ron" might have led him to stretch the facts a little.

Just speculation.
Ya . . . valid thinking.

Raffo had his quirks and promotional agenda . . . he indeed went off into his own tech "insight's" and developments . . . all premised among the ex-Scn fraternity on Hubbard's earlier "truths" . . .

I forget what Raffo's earlier education/training specifically was prior to Scn was, but from memory it was in one or other branches of Science, the physical sciences, like physics or such.

Personally, my only criteria for judgement on these things is/was and has been . . . what can the dude actually produce and demonstrate.

Raffo did fall short in that respect . . . love him as the character he is/was . . . Jonnie Boy, the way you ran your physical body and control of time was not, to me, a demonstration of competence.:oops:

I could go on, on that theme, but enough.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family..... Kofi Annan
and I might add .... in every cult!

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
“We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” J.K. Rowling

We were told we could not do "it" on our own... we needed the "tech". Bullshit! We can pick & choose what helps us to change ourselves and the world around us. We do not need their "magic" - we do not need them.

Have a GREAT week - go change something, even if just a light bulb.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." ... Maya Angelou
What a mission.... I like this check list!

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
Raindrops on roses
And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells
And schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver-white winters that melt into springs
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

And if you believe that you'll believe anything. :biggrin:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Well, I have to be honest, I don't like it. Whether it's because I have the original chords deeply embedded in my mind and that the chord sequence he has substituted is different from the original I'm not sure, but to me it sounds ugly and dissonant. You might say that's what 'modern jazz' is all about, but if one's finds it impossible to persevere to the end of the piece, it's not a very good advert I'm afraid. I haven't listened to much of Mr Coltrane's work in the past, and this doesn't inspire me to do so in future, sorry.

Oh, by the way, I thought the original was crap too. :biggrin:

Voodoo

Well, I have to be honest, I don't like it. Whether it's because I have the original chords deeply embedded in my mind and that the chord sequence he has substituted is different from the original I'm not sure, but to me it sounds ugly and dissonant. You might say that's what 'modern jazz' is all about, but if one's finds it impossible to persevere to the end of the piece, it's not a very good advert I'm afraid. I haven't listened to much of Mr Coltrane's work in the past, and this doesn't inspire me to do so in future, sorry.

Oh, by the way, I thought the original was crap too. :biggrin:
Modern jazz (from the late forties Bebop era to the late sixties Cool era) is an acquired taste. I doubt I ever would have developed a love and appreciation of that genre of music if I hadn't been gently, gradually exposed to it as an adolescent teen.

Here's a famous Cool jazz piece by Herbie Hancock that may be more to your liking:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Modern jazz (from the late forties Bebop era to the late sixties Cool era) is an acquired taste. I doubt I ever would have developed a love and appreciation of that genre of music if I hadn't been gently, gradually exposed to it as an adolescent teen.

Here's a famous Cool jazz piece by Herbie Hancock that may be more to your liking:

No, sorry, it's too anarchic and structureless for my taste. I'm not a complete philistine though you'll be pleased to hear, I used to hang about with some jazzers when I was sixteen and first started smoking dope, and Mose Allison was all the rage then amongst my pals, and his I'll Never Be Free from the 'Local Color' album was one of my favourites.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
No, sorry, it's too anarchic and structureless for my taste. I'm not a complete philistine though you'll be pleased to hear, I used to hang about with some jazzers when I was sixteen and first started smoking dope, and Mose Allison was all the rage then amongst my pals, and his I'll Never Be Free from the 'Local Color' album was one of my favourites.
Oh, Straty, these are easy listening particularly the Coltrane (for Coltrane). :)

Voodoo

To each his own, I 'spose. Millions around the world love and appreciate jazz music, me included. I get that it sounds "anarchic and structureless" to you. That's a common perception of modern jazz to the uninitiated, but I assure you, that's not the case at all.

There's much more freedom of expression possible within the genre (due to the liberal use of scales outside the dominant key), but there are still limits to how far one can go, while still considering it music.

Just curious. What sort of music do you like?

Voodoo

I'm listening to Mose Alison's I'll Never Be Free, and can see why you appreciate it. Mose masterfully employs both standard blues and bepop scales in that piece, with the blues scales remaining dominant, throughout.

Listen to that album enough times, and your ear will naturally tune in to Bepop/Cool jazz structure.

You're on your way, buddy! :)

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
"Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax & wait for the answer." William S. Boroughs

Well I do not relax much... but I try. I keep trying to relax enough to hear the winning lottery numbers BEFORE they are called!

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
A quote by that famous philosopher Elvis Presley -

Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.

As the truth dawns on those still drinking that brand of kool-aid let the sun shine right into their eyes & hearts.

:cool::cool::cool: