Possible new OT levels?

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by Veda, Feb 5, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

[​IMG]

During the 1950s and early 1960s, Hubbard spoke of "Clearing" being followed by "drills" that would exercise a being's spiritual "muscles."

Scientology, down-trending with Hubbard, became focused, solely, on auditing L. Ron Hubbard's "case" as one's own "case"

Any suggestions for possible "spiritual" (consciousness) exercises ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have been thinking of a spiritual consciousness exercise.

1. Locate a safe space in your home where there are no interruptions and distractions,
    suitable to give yourself a spiritual consciousness session. (be sure to turn off phones!!!)

2. (First Session Only): Contact your bookkeeper, tax advisor or attorney and ask them to write down a very very large number of a piece of paper, in the hundreds of quadrillions or greater. For security purposes, tell them not to reveal the number to anyone and maintain it in a safe or lockbox that only they have access to.

3. (Remaining Sessions): Have them go to the safe place in their home and meditate to relax themselves until they are very very comfortable, without falling asleep. Once relaxed, have them try to exteriorize by any means possible.

4. If they have any feelings/sensation or knowingness that they are starting to go exterior, have them go to the locked safe location at their bookkeeper/attorney and then locate the confidential number written on the paper. Then write down that number and make three photocopies of it.

5. Mail one copy to themselves and keep it when it arrives, sealed with the post office date stamp. Mail the second copy to a trusted friend as a backup, telling them to NOT open the envelope to preserve the provenance of the chain of custody on that date stamp. Mail the third copy to your accountant/lawyer.

6. Have the accountant/lawyer send you an acknowledgement that they received the letter and tell you YES or NO, depending on whether it matched their original secret number, or not.

7. Continue this process for as many months, years or decades as required until you are actually able to exteriorize and perceive the number accurately.

8. Continue paying your accountant/lawyer for their professional services until you have made it go right to exteriorize with good perception. Alternatively, keep paying them until you are sick of the waste of money and cognite that you are never going to be able to exteriorize at will, because nobody in history ever could. When that happens just laugh it off as lavishly expensive waste of your time & money. And write up your "spiritual consciousness" win, noting exactly how long it took you to realize that gullibility is not the same as "spiritual consciousness".

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

"Ah, go exercise your spiritual muscle."

My neighbor Vinnie shouts that all the time but says it New Jersey style.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Veda

Veda Sponsor

In a similar vein but not nearly as funny...

A kind of "remedy of scarcity" handling of "Source/and mini Source" L. Ron/Miscavige.

Go to an outdoor area with there are people.

Spot someone.

Decide that the person you've spotted has the secrets to eternal life, unbelievable power, and peace on Earth.

Repeat until being a Scientologist seems really silly.

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Around late 1966, Hubbard had a mental collapse. He became preoccupied with "Body Thetans." Previous to this, people concerned about being infested with unwanted, troublesome, spirits were regarded as a form of psycho - in very bad shape. Now it was a standard condition for "Clears."

Of course, Scientologists, being Scientologists, quickly adjusted to Hubbard's change of mind and got in step with their Founder.

During April of 1965 - HCOB 2 April 1965, The Road to Clear, to be exact - Hubbard wrote that he had eliminated the final barrier to full OT, the reactive mind, and all one needed to do, after completing the Clearing Course, was the 'Creation of Human Ability' 'Route One drills', and one would be full OT.

The sixth step of Route One is R1-9 Grand Tour:

"The commands of the Grand Tour are as follows: 'Be near Earth', 'Be near the Moon', 'Be near the Sun', 'Be near Earth', 'Be near the Moon', 'Be near the Sun', 'Earth', 'Moon', 'Sun', giving the last three commands many times. Each time the auditor must wait until the preclear signifies that he has completed the command. The preclear is supposed to move near these bodies or simply be near them, it does not matter which. The Grand Tour continues with, 'Now find a rock', 'Be inside of it', 'Be outside of it'. 'Inside', 'Outside', 'Inside', 'Outside'... Then the Grand Tour continues, 'Be near Mars', 'Be at the center of Mars', Outside of Mars', 'Outside', 'Inside', 'Now move down slowly towards the surface'. The preclear will probably question this, for he has run into a force screen or thinks he has. 'Alright then, be on the surface of Mars'," etc...​

This was to be done until the preclear "is entirely comfortable in the solar system."

And look at Scientology OTs today. They're locked in their bodies, with their bodies attached to e-meters on a regular basis, searching for "Body Thetans."

They've down trended in lock step with Hubbard and don't even know it.

_________________​

Background on 'Route One':

Route One was mainly exercises and actions from re-cycled Rosicrucianism and from Crowley's "Magick," plus some Hubbard sci fi and mind gaming.

A notable antecedent for 'Route One' was Aleister Crowley's 'Batra'. Hubbard was aware of this.

'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia' was published in 1913, by Aleister Crowley in the 'Equinox'. It's an exercise that includes a) spanning attention, b) visualization (mock ups), c) specialized mock ups, where a person attempts to place a mock up of the same size, etc., as a physical object, in the same space as the physical object, d) and projection of consciousness through the solar system.

It even warns about avoiding what amounts to "overrun."

(Note: "Nuit" - as used in the below link - means, essentially,"Infinity.")

http://www.the-equinox.org/vol1/no10/eqi10004.html

Permeating, as in filling/feeling ("Havingness") the heliosphere (solar aura) is, itself, an interesting exercise.

Here's a handy navigational aid: http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/voyager-interstellar-terms.html

[​IMG]
    Inspirational photo

"The Great Work is the raising of the whole man to the power of Infinity."

From 'Magick in Theory and Practice'

Crowley's most concise explanation of Yoga, and an early exteriorization process:

"Sit still. Stop thinking. Shut up. Get out!"​

Quoting from John Symonds and Kenneth Grant, who were editors of some of Crowley's writings. Regarding 'Batra', above:

"[It] deals with the magical practice of expanding consciousness to the stars and the planets... ... [the procedure]... is supposed to free the mind... from its ordinary bounds. Consciousness - so the theory goes - is exalted to infinity by this method."

IMO, it would be beneficial to the human psyche to begin to see the solar system as the immediate environment, rather than just the thin film of livable atmosphere of several miles in which we as human beings dwell.

Far out huh?

[​IMG]

One would think this sort of thing would excite Independent Scientologists, but it does not.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  6. HelluvaHoax!

SPIRITUAL CONSCIOUSNESS BOOK OF CASE REMEDIES
    A MANUAL COVERING PRECLEAR DIFFICULTIES AND THEIR REMEDIES

REMEDY X
    Applies to: ANY PC.

What is Noticed: PC has spiraled down to the degraded case condition known as a BLACK V. [Black V: 1 . a heavily occluded case characterized by mental pictures consisting of masses of blackness. 2 . a level of nonperception, wherein the the person is only seeing blackness.]

What is Established: PC has been assigned to the Spritual Rehabilitation Project Force, yet despite several years of MEST work still refuses to come into present time. PC complains that whenever they look at their hands they are only seeing blackness.

What to Do: Look for signs PC has been using standard tech to clean windows and thereafter substitute Windex and paper towels.

NO REALLY, IT'S AN ACTUAL THING:

• LOL LOL x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

First, calling any spiritual improvement "OT" locks the train of thought into Hubbard's terminology and domain -- which is a complete dead end.

The very first step toward spiritual improvement would be to completely renounce and avoid all of Hubbard's terminology and ideas.

Then you can think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Iona

Iona Patron

I'm 8 months into the Abramelin working, and it's working.

10. HelluvaHoax!

While I was still involved with Scientology, I ran an extraordinarily helpful but alter-ised version of Dr. Hubbard's "Grand Tour", using the squirrel command: "Be near sane people".

Thus, I was able to escape the cult.

• LOL LOL x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. HelluvaHoax!

!!! STANDING OVATION !!!

I have scrupulously weeded out 99.99% of Scn jargon from both my thoughts, speech and writing. And that has made all the difference.

By the way, your post was so high-toned and theta that it indicated, I blew down, blew charge and so I made a tone 40 postulate that the 4th dynamic will flow power and admiration particles to your pro-survival com particles and to you, the being, on this planet.

• LOL LOL x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

So funny! :laugh: But so, so true!

That's almost exactly what I thought when I left. "Be near normal people and sanity will follow."

(What kind of crazy people live in LA for years and years and don't ever have time off to go to the beach? Scientologists. Too busy clearing the planet. :laugh:)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  13. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

A Scientologist would say that Crowley was just squirreling LRH's earlier work on the whole track.

14. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Are you using Mathers' translation or the one by Georg Dehn and Steven Guth?

15. CaliMule

CaliMule Work Hard and Bray

I think you need to discern the varieties of independent Scientologists. I sort them into three broad categories, for certain purposes: (1) scholasticists, (2) trial and error experientialists, and (3) empiricists.

Empiricists believe in comparative reasoning about observations where certain empirical values are applied. Perhaps the most crucial empirical value is to work with (or progress towards working with) a control group and a treatment group matched as closely as possible except for the specific treatment variable, and avoid ever working with a treatment group and an IMAGINARY control group. Over centuries very promising empiricists have squandered their lives and failed to convince other empiricists of a theory because they thought working with an imaginary group and comparing it to their treatment group would be good enough. It never is, but instead leads to what are often called "alternative" ideas: alternative physics, alternative medicine, or alternative life sciences. If any of these alternatives were really stout, good ideas, they'd simply be called physics, medicine, or life sciences. The amount of obviously and genuinely brilliant talent that has been squandered over the centuries because of reliance upon imaginary control groups is immense.

Trial-and-error experientialists can generate useful tips for how to devise an empirical study, but often don't follow through to actually doing so. They take an instance of experience and compare it to imagined comparative experience, or perhaps simply declare that they like the result compared to an earlier state and reason that it resulted because of the treatment applied. Trial-and-error experientialists not only omit control groups but also often neglect the empiricist's tool of seeking the negative: where application of the treatment does not in fact result in the claimed alteration. Present cake and say "enjoy" to someone with BIs and you may get VGIs, seeming to prove a point about 100% standard cake treatment. You need an instance of presenting cake and seeing that BIs remain BIs to provide the negative or null result. You can waste immense portions of your life pursuing "bias confirmation truths" this way, thinking "present cake" is the bomb and rationalizing away null results (i.e. "suppressive pastry" was also on the table).

Hubbard appears to have been largely a scholasticist: someone who seeks out an AUTHORITY and then deduces truths by manipulation of what the authority states. Aleister Crowley, Manly Hall, assorted theosophists, assorted Christian mystics, yoga teachers, and so on all seem to constitute authorities to reason from. He also makes occassional forays into trial-and-error experientialism, and invokes imaginary control groups to justify his conclusions. From Dianetics: Evolution of a Science forward, though, he never presented a control group and treatment group analysis of anything he claims, from what I've read.

This doesn't mean every last Scientologist, of whatever adjective, has not learned empiricism elsewhere and uses it to think through issues. Empiricists often refrain from mouthing off about something prior to having worthwhile proof of it, however.

TL;DR

In short, independent Scientologists have been conditioned to be scholasticists who rely on trial-and-error experientialism to validate their conclusions, but there might be some who have learned empiricism and prefer that. This last group doesn't always yak incessantly.

16. CaliMule

CaliMule Work Hard and Bray

Sheila, I composed a reply to this thread and then found after posting it, by clicking the "Show Ignored Content" button, that you have replied to this thread also.

I truly am not trying to harass you with the lengthiness of my howling into the void. I spent a lot of time paring down my comment to a concise statement of what I felt needed to be said, no more and no less.

I hope we can co-exist by Mutually Assured Nonrecognition simply using the "ignore" function of this board, much as the USA and USSR successfully pursued paralell policies of restraint to avoid Mutually Assured Destruction.

Click on my avatar, choose "ignore" on my profile page, and life is sweet for all.

17. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I have no idea what you're talking about. I was laughing at HH's comment, which I quoted, not anything you wrote. I haven't read what you wrote. It's tl;dr so don't worry about me commenting on it.

18. Iona

Iona Patron

The Dehn version.

19. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Working how?

20. HelluvaHoax!

LOL

It's soooooooooooooo crazy and soooooooooooooo stupid.

They can't clear a planet. They can't clear a single person. They can't even clear their own mental fog for the few moments required to see that nobody ever went Clear.

CONCLUSION: Therefore, Scientology produces Un-Clears. People unclear about just about everything going on around them. If you R-factor a scientologist on this they will ARC break--because they only SAY the word Reality, they neither mean it nor actually know or even care what it means.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List