What's new

Praise for Scamizdat on Marty's blog

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
Praise for Scamizdat on Marty's blog.

The following may be of interest to the OG of the First Internet Intifada against the Church of Scientology during the ARS days.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/07/23/ot-viii-truth-revealed/#comment-137206

Ralph Hilton | July 23, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Reply

It was mostly done quite a few years ago. Many have gone unacknowleged for their work in making the tech available across the internet.

Ken Ogger, who posted as “the Pilot” operated the “Freezone Bible Association” and posted a lot of the tech on usenet using multiple pgp encrypted remailers with a degree of security that was way beyond the ability of even the CIA to trace. All CofS attempts to find him failed until his wife betrayed him.

The true identity of Scamizdat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scamizdat) was not revealed until after his death.

Many of Bill Robertson’s followers contributed to the OCRing etc. of the tech that is now available and should be acknowledged at least for that.

The tech being freely available in all the disks, packs etc that now circulate freely is the long work of many over quite a few years.

Marty is doing great work but the work of getting that tech out on the net was not his and I don’t think he has ever claimed that it was.

Jim Logan | July 24, 2011 at 1:50 am | Reply

So true Ralph. A huge debt to them too, as without that work, DM would have completed his plan to monopolize these truths. Too bad Dave. Hip hooray for those beings who saw the remedy was spread far and wide and not hoarded.

P.S. Ralph, I got that question answered on the GPM research line I was asking you about. Man, did I get it answered!!
Ironically, the "Copyright Terrorists" of the ARS days created the environment where the Independent Movement could later rise by undermining the official Church of Scientology's monopoly on the "Tech," and thereby helped to preserve the "Tech" by spreading it far and wide.
/

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
But the linked article doesn't say who scamizdat was, just that his identity was not revealed until after his death.

True. And, isn't scamizdat the name dreamed up by Grady Ward for a collection of Scientology writings posted on ARS by a bunch of people courtesy of the Fishman Affidavit?

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
True. And, isn't scamizdat the name dreamed up by Grady Ward for a collection of Scientology writings posted on ARS by a bunch of people courtesy of the Fishman Affidavit?

Scamizdat was my old friend Joe Harrington, Joe was the one who mailed me many of the affidavits that I scanned and ocr'd in 1994 and 1995, culminating in the Fishman affidavit.

In spring 1994, I posted to usenet alt.clearing.technology a Hello my name is.. any old freinds out there? and I got a reply from Joe, whom I knew when I was 17 and just getting involved in $cientology at FCDC...

On his death bed, dying of pancreatic cancer, he said "I am Scamizdat" this is at the bottom of his memorial page, webbed here since the time he passed away:

Joe Harrington Memorial Page

Terril park

Sponsor
Scamizdat was my old friend Joe Harrington, Joe was the one who mailed me many of the affidavits that I scanned and ocr'd in 1994 and 1995, culminating in the Fishman affidavit.

In spring 1994, I posted to usenet alt.clearing.technology a Hello my name is.. any old freinds out there? and I got a reply from Joe, whom I knew when I was 17 and just getting involved in $cientology at FCDC...

On his death bed, dying of pancreatic cancer, he said "I am Scamizdat" this is at the bottom of his memorial page, webbed here since the time he passed away:

I forgot or never knew Joe was Scamisdat. I took Karin Spaink and Zenon Parnousis to dinner and drinks nearly ten years ago to congratulate then on putting upper levels effectively in the public domain. Pallet loads were exported by the Swedish courts. Also
the Freezone Bible association among other things posted the complete briefing course tapes to ACT some time after.

Currently Clearbird has a re written text of the bridge up to OT 4
on Freezoneearth. Never successfully attacked by the CO$.

Also by virtue of Karen and Zenon's pioneering efforts Rons orgs
have a server in Holland with most of the tech. CO$ can no longer challenge such matters in Holland where religious freedom trumps
copyright.

Then there is Wikileaks and anons.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
terrill.

Add FACTNet's director,Bob Penny, who scanned all the HCOB's.. this was why the FACTNet case had to settle.. there were ten thousand HCOB's.. and even with DEMINIMIS FINDING OF $500, THAT WAS A SHITPOT OF MONEY...

Damn caps lock... and Jeff Filburt's Excalibur Revisited - that went to OT7 and was a complete rewrite of all the entire 'bridge" and Jeff filed his copyright on it one month before RTC filed their, and his copyright has never been challenged by Scientology because he had a letter from Ron saying that he could do as he wished with the entire bridge.... He was the last guy RTC deposed in Erlich's case before they settled with Dennis.

And re Joe saying he was scamizdat... Joe prefered to operate anonymously, perhaps he was the first ANONYMOUS....(grin)

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
terrill.

Add FACTNet's director,Bob Penny, who scanned all the HCOB's.. this was why the FACTNet case had to settle.. there were ten thousand HCOB's.. and even with DEMINIMIS FINDING OF $500, THAT WAS A SHITPOT OF MONEY...

Damn caps lock... and Jeff Filburt's Excalibur Revisited - that went to OT7 and was a complete rewrite of all the entire 'bridge" and Jeff filed his copyright on it one month before RTC filed their, and his copyright has never been challenged by Scientology because he had a letter from Ron saying that he could do as he wished with the entire bridge.... He was the last guy RTC deposed in Erlich's case before they settled with Dennis.

And re Joe saying he was scamizdat... Joe prefered to operate anonymously, perhaps he was the first ANONYMOUS....(grin)

Jeff Filbert had a letter from Ron :lol:

rich

Silver Meritorious Patron
Bill Ryan of Project Camelot also helped get some of the scientology materials posted in the early days. He continues to spread truth and be harrassed for it.

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron

No. Scamizdat posted stuff long before Grady ward came along with his bad mouth.

challenge

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Wow. I never knew that Joe was Scamizdat. Interesting.