Rathbun's views on the Debbie Cook trial.

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by Free to shine, Feb 12, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Hmmmm....

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

2. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

Pompous old fart. (Him, not you FTS!)

3. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

:spitcoffee: I actually raved a bit but deleted it, it was along the lines of Ratty crowing....
    I am just too polite.

I think it's disgusting how he talks of what he did without the faintest sign of remorse! Disgusting.

4. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Whether I want to or not I do admire M and M's courage, and of course Debbie's (and her Husbands) and all that went before them ... many of whom are members of ESMB.

I don't have to agree with them about hubbard.

I do admire them (at this moment).

:yes:

5. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Yes, I thought this same thing. No one really actually knows how much remorse he feels though. It's just so bizarre. One gets the feeling that one is listening to a former mafia don now turned state's evidence. The don, not being fully removed from his former persona, still seems a bit thrilled with the crimes of yesteryear while knowing that they're not quite right.

I get the idea (and I know people may feel like jumping all over me for this) that Marty is a troubled, soft-hearted ruffian who has a temper and who alternates between teddy bear and thug, spinning around not knowing what to do while he decompresses out in the public arena. It can't be easy.

Right now, I think he is doing a good job. As he goes through all of this and continues to keep his head and heart in fighting the beast, he can't help but have all the experiences necessary to start realizing what others must have gone through and how he was a part of it.

I still say, give him time.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  6. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

This much I believe ....

Reminds me of a favorite line from Shakespeare.

Mark A. Baker

7. Infinite

Infinite Crusader

Sure - 20 years to Life should do it.

8. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Angie Blankenship?

From http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/10/10/inner-core-meltdown-in-miscaviges-bunker/

Can't wait to hear her story..........

9. dianaclass8

dianaclass8 Silver Meritorious Patron

Petey, I could not bring myself to read the whole thing, it was too long and kind of boring. Can someone please post the highlights of the contents of the dissertation? Perhaps it was all lost in translation...or I don't know...

10. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Based on what Marty is saying here, currently, I am more repulsed with Greg and Debbie Hughes and Angie Blankenship. Screw these people. Jesus. What is with these fucking people covering up crimes and being paid off with blood money. Sometimes I just want to scream at the top if my lungs.

11. dianaclass8

Synthia, imagine how I feel, I left Scn 15 years ago...and still resonate on this last thought....

12. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

I agree. Still, a huggable thug is nonetheless a thug. The fact is Rathbun remains a thug, and an utterly unrepentant thug at that. He's apparently still in the same business. He just changed gang affiliation.

Not a man to be believed or credited.

I'd like to see him change his life for the better, but there is no sign of that happening yet.

Mark A. Baker

13. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Yep, I hear you, but maybe, just maybe ... the end result of this trial will mean that those agreements truly are not worth the paper they were printed on and they can all come out and say whatever they like.

:clap:

I hope David and Julie Mayo are reading this, but I also hope they are at peace and feel no need to voice their thoughts if they have moved beyond the point where it would help them personally.

:yes:

14. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Aida, I know. I have said it before and I will say it again. I wish I had awakened and come to my senses much earlier so that you, and so many others that were trying to get those inside to listen, could have been acknowledged and given the help you truly, truly deserved. Thank you for persisting. :hug:

I am SO GLAD I am out!

15. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

No, I watch him with a very skeptical eye. Believe me. However, he does tell the truth often and he has given much valuable information so, I don't agree that you can rightly make a wholesale, blanket statement, that he cannot to be believed. That's not true.

I wondered, when I read the Debbie Cook story on his blog almost a year and half ago, if he was lying. It turns out that he was telling the whole truth.

That doesn't whitewash everything though. I'm just making a single point.

16. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Emma, two times in the last couple of days, the "edit post" button goes away. What's happening? :confused2: :) Oh. I remember now.

Think the amount of time to edit needs to be longer. I often don't notice my errors until I read someone else quoting me. By that time it may be too late.

17. dianaclass8

Synthia, some wake up early some later, but sooner or later people do wake up, thanks to you and to others who persist on this board.

As for Marty acting as a mafia Don, that is exactly what I said in my blog on an anwer to a comment to my friend Silvia; that these thugs are killing each other...and we only care because we want justice.

http://aidathomas.wordpress.com/2012/02/10/scientology-withdraws-request-for-temporary-injunction/

18. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

A lot of forums don't give you any opportunity to edit at all. ARS was/is like that. Once you hit submit you are stuck with it.

Sorry, but there are spell checkers you can install in browsers, you can preview your post first & you have 1/2 hour to make any changes.

I'm not changing it.

19. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Okay. I'll have to not be so quick to press submit. It's weird how I don't see my errors even after I've read the thing like 5 times and then, they stand out like a sore thumb when I see them quoted. Oh well. I'll live. :bigcry:

20. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

I am going to stick up for Marty and his blog and I will tell you why.

I was in Scientology for 40 years. Twenty of those years included being in the SO or on staff at an org. I am no longer a Scientologist independent or otherwise. Some of my favorite posters here are people like "helluvahoax", "gotta brain", "AnonyMary", "Alanzo" and many others with that type of attitude.

A little over two years ago I began reading about Scientology on the internet and ran into all of the wonderful interviews and reports done by the St. Petersburg Times. That was the first time I had ever heard of Marty Rathbun. It was also the first time I had heard of a lot of the other whistle blowers.

I began reading Marty's blog every night along with many other blogs and message boards and all of them were helpful. Marty was instrumental in exposing much of what Miscavige was doing and while Marty has not disclosed everything by a long shot, he did enlighten me and a lot of other people so I have got to give him grace on that.

To have someone who has been in Scientology for any length of time read a completely anti-Scientology website such as Arnie Lerma's page might turn many people off. While I feel that what is written on these extremely critical websites is most often true, it is a bit overwhelming at first and can be rejected by someone who is just leaving the cult.

Marty's website takes a more gradient approach and allows the reader to reject some of the goings on in Scientology without rejecting all of it. As some of these things that have been going on are exposed one becomes more able to think for themselves.

Then, as one reads more and looks at some of the other websites that are critical of Hubbard and Scientology, more layers of the onion are peeled away. Eventually you get a fuller understanding and will become free and regain your critical thinking.

Because of this I love Marty just as I love all of you.

None of this would have been possible without the internet and I am so thankful for everyone who has contributed to the exposure of the Church of Scientology no matter how large or how small. The truth shall set you free.