What's new

RAY JEFFREY TO JUDGE: ORDER RATHBUNS TO TURN OVER FINANCIAL RECORDS AND TESTIFY

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

ChurchOfCylontology,

This is the original post that pissed a lot of people off and created a veritable uproar and debate for days in Feb 2016 about whether this was a real photo. I think it was the beginning of the Marty "new car" rumor.

Now whether it's real or not . . . I don't want to get involved in that debate again as too many people got pissed off the first time. The image was emailed to me by a friend down around Ingleside by the Bay, Marty's new home, as I said in my original posting.

Just consider the source. :coolwink:

LOL

The image was emailed to me by a friend down around Ingleside by the
Bay
, Marty's new home, as I said in my original posting.

writin' dirty

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Put your Scientology Hat back on folks. The lawyers are doing this as part of the "smoke and mirrors" - they want to confuse us. They do everything for money - not for justice and don't care how they get paid...as long as they DO get paid.

I think they are all in on it.

If you don't think so - you have not had the full EP and Total Knowingness wognition of What is Scientology.

Lawyers, Marty Rathbun and Wife Mosey and of course.... David Miscavige and his hired thugs.

Sticking with that theory are you? I admit, I considered pretty early on that the attorneys were paid off by CoS to stay quiet, but I thought of it as a remote possibility. That in itself would be terribly risky for Ray because he could be disbarred if details came out.

But if bringing this investigation into Marty's finances is part of it, it would make it even more risky for something to come out, so I'm thinking it's very unlikely.

The reason I thought it was possible was that, at first, in the Debbie Cook case, it appeared there was no settlement. Tony kept insisting there was no settlement, while we were all speculating on how many millions she got. Then it came out there was a settlement. I forgot how that came out. But it seemed as though maybe the Church wanted to make it such that it wasn't obvious they paid a settlement at first, and if Ray was complicit with that, well...

And, frankly, making Wayne and Debbie relocate to Guadeloupe was totally bizarre. Neither of them spoke French and it's a French territory which has a reputation for not being easy or friendly to outsiders. After a year, then they were allowed to go to Mexico, which was an easier place for them to live, I'm sure.

So there are two things I can think of which support your theory. One is the sheer bizarre and elaborate nature of what Wayne and Debbie were made to do in order to get their settlement, and how the settlement was not announced at first.

The other thing in support of your theory is that how could Marty or the cult risk such a foot bullet. The only way they wouldn't is if they could work something out with ALL parties involved, and Marty could be sure he would get his money and not have to go through further legal wrangling, and that CoS would take care of it all.

The way it is now, Marty is going to have a hell of a time trying to find an attorney. If he does, he's going to have to pay them a lot of cash up front. Maybe CoS will give him the money to do that?

But let's go along with your theory. What would happen next? Will Ray find something and make it look like Marty or CoS has to pay a fine, but in reality they all get more money under the table? That would be the only thing which would be safe for Marty.

People are saying Marty is stupid, or did something very stupid. But with all that Marty knows about DM and CoS, I can't see him going forward on something like this without it being ironclad for him.

The CoS has already done something I never would have predicted, by having Marty make these stupid videos and then putting an exclamation point on it by allowing them to be linked to their smear site.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Note that When Ray Jefferys took on Debbie Cooks case
she detailed in open court and filmed by ABC how she was
treated in the Hole and how DM made someone clean a bathroom
floor by licking it.

Explain how that is part of the Cults show?

Also note that the cult immediately terminated their
lawsuit after the first day of Debbie's testimony.
It is my opinion that Marty and the attorney's are putting on a smoke and mirrors show.

Marty (through the bank account of Scientology) has now hired an attorney to represent him to handle the next phase. He does not work so where would he get the money and why hire an attorney? Just answer the questions - he is a big boy and has created some of Scientology's dirty tricks...so what is the deal with hiring an attorney??? Because it is more smoke and mirrors to confuse people and scare them from suing Scientology.

I think they are all putting on a show to throw anyone thinking of suing them.

Just my opinion - so there you go!

I believe I was right a long time ago about Marty taking blood money from Scientology to drop the lawsuit and create a EPIC SPIN.

I think ALL of the attorney's are in on it...

If they all fade away and say "oh - there was no pay out to Marty and we are good" - that will be the evidence - once again - my opinion.

Just look at the 65 years of $cientology criminal activity and bamboozling the courts - this is not rocket science.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sticking with that theory are you? I admit, I considered pretty early on that the attorneys were paid off by CoS to stay quiet, but I thought of it as a remote possibility. That in itself would be terribly risky for Ray because he could be disbarred if details came out.

But if bringing this investigation into Marty's finances is part of it, it would make it even more risky for something to come out, so I'm thinking it's very unlikely.

The reason I thought it was possible was that, at first, in the Debbie Cook case, it appeared there was no settlement. Tony kept insisting there was no settlement, while we were all speculating on how many millions she got. Then it came out there was a settlement. I forgot how that came out. But it seemed as though maybe the Church wanted to make it such that it wasn't obvious they paid a settlement at first, and if Ray was complicit with that, well...

And, frankly, making Wayne and Debbie relocate to Guadeloupe was totally bizarre. Neither of them spoke French and it's a French territory which has a reputation for not being easy or friendly to outsiders. After a year, then they were allowed to go to Mexico, which was an easier place for them to live, I'm sure.

So there are two things I can think of which support your theory. One is the sheer bizarre and elaborate nature of what Wayne and Debbie were made to do in order to get their settlement, and how the settlement was not announced at first.

The other thing in support of your theory is that how could Marty or the cult risk such a foot bullet. The only way they wouldn't is if they could work something out with ALL parties involved, and Marty could be sure he would get his money and not have to go through further legal wrangling, and that CoS would take care of it all.

The way it is now, Marty is going to have a hell of a time trying to find an attorney. If he does, he's going to have to pay them a lot of cash up front. Maybe CoS will give him the money to do that?

But let's go along with your theory. What would happen next? Will Ray find something and make it look like Marty or CoS has to pay a fine, but in reality they all get more money under the table? That would be the only thing which would be safe for Marty.

People are saying Marty is stupid, or did something very stupid. But with all that Marty knows about DM and CoS, I can't see him going forward on something like this without it being ironclad for him.

The CoS has already done something I never would have predicted, by having Marty make these stupid videos and then putting an exclamation point on it by allowing them to be linked to their smear site.
This am - Tony Ortega announced "Marty" / Scientology - has hired an attorney. Marty is covered and the cult will create a SPIN...and then it will fade away. It is smoke and mirrors and Marty took blood money in exchange for the spinning dead agent videos ...and Scientology / David Miscavige - via the IAS donations - are footing the bill to create a SPIN of epic proportions. Straight up and vertical stats on SPINNING - Scientology - the Science of SPIN!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
The Rathbuns hire a lawyer, and Ray Jeffrey answers questions about his legal salvo

Richard J. Reynolds III is managing member with the Texas law firm Thornton Biechlin Reynolds & Guerra. “He heads the firm’s Professional Liability Section with a substantial portion of his practice devoted to the representation of lawyers, accountants, financial and insurance professionals,” says his online bio. We reached out to Reynolds to confirm that he had been hired by the Rathbuns.

http://tonyortega.org/2017/07/25/th...frey-answers-questions-about-his-legal-salvo/

TX Lawyer

Opposing a Rule 202 petition isn't too expensive, maybe $5k-10k if you really work to beat it. But Reynolds is not the hire you make if you are looking at a serious legal slog and you have to fight it on a budget, nor would I expect an attorney in his position to accept clients without clear means to pay in the event that it turns into a serious legal slog. I have no insider knowledge on this at all, but I would be surprised if the Church was not funding this defense in one way or another.
http://tonyortega.org/2017/07/25/th...ons-about-his-legal-salvo/#comment-3434417935

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
This am - Tony Ortega announced "Marty" / Scientology - has hired an attorney. Marty is covered and the cult will create a SPIN...and then it will fade away. It is smoke and mirrors and Marty took blood money in exchange for the spinning dead agent videos ...and Scientology / David Miscavige - via the IAS donations - are footing the bill to create a SPIN of epic proportions. Straight up and vertical stats on SPINNING - Scientology - the Science of SPIN!

Yeah, I went to it after I posted and read that Marty hired a high-priced attorney. If this works out in some obscure legal way that Ray J. gets paid by Marty (who is funded by the cult) -- say Ray J. is happy with $2M -- then it all goes away, and maybe CoS gets a hand-slapping fine, and everyone's happy. The cult then avoids the stigma of paying a settlement and the feeling they are increasing the reputation of a rising star anti-Scientology attorney.

The money Marty took from CoS was in exchange for dropping the court case and removing himself from the critical scene and future court cases, where he could potentially be a critical witness against David Miscavige or the policies of CoS.

I don't think anyone believes Marty was paid to make those videos solely to deal a death blow to critics of Scientology. They know that's supposed to be the theme of the videos but they are so silly, so it's really about something else.

A lot of people seem to think Marty made some critical mistake though and is going to end up screwed. I doubt it.

Lone Star

Crusader
I'll paste what I posted on The Bunker. It is my dream that TX Lawyer later posts a reply to me, "Why this guy is brilliant!! And he's not even a lawyer! Can I pick your brain?"

Okay, he's more likely to say, "What a load of crap!" Lol...
Anyway, here 'tis:

There's a whole lotta assumin' goin' on 'round here. (My best Foghorn Leghorn voice).

Here's a scenario that I'm considering....Marty hired this well respected, highly regarded established attorney because he knows that RayJay knows he got some payoff from the cult. He's certain that RayJay has enough proof to make his life very difficult if he tries to fend this off on his own, or with some lesser attorney. He needs a very able lawyer to negotiate the final settlement, of which I believe there will be one. At first it'll probably look like Marty and legal team are fighting this tooth and nail and screaming, "Bullshit!". That's just just for strategy. Or they may not even go that route. We'll see. But I think Marty knows he's gonna hafta pay RayJay and Co. something. Mr. Reynolds, he figures, will help him get the best deal and then make it go away. Then he can officially re-join the SO after doing his very substantial A to E. Lol... Okay I just threw that in for shits and giggles.

P.S. Whenever I said "Marty" you can also add "cult" in parentheses, or a slash. Whichever syntaxical decoration you prefer.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
This whole Marty saga is turning into a Twilight Zone worthy episode, wherein both earthly and cosmic justice combine to rectify a profound moral injustice.
Best case scenario for Marty is that he spends the rest of his friendless life looking over his shoulder. What a truly hellish existence.
I doubt that he retains sufficient residual decency for a third act. And I'm curious about what will become of his little band of cult followers. (Sigh)
Happy Ruesday, y'all!

FinallyTo Ray Jeffrey, THANK YOU!

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
This is from Tony's blog, 7/25/17, part of the statement by Ray Jeffrey:

What are you hoping to get out of this legal petition?

“I want some answers. We were winning an important case, our client fired us without any cause, and then dismissed the lawsuit. If anything of value was received from anyone associated with Scientology, we want to know. If not, we want to know that, as well. We have attempted to get answers informally, to no avail.”

Part of the reason for this could be that Ray would like to make available in public record the reason they were fired by the Rathbuns, so future clients won't be misled into shying away from suing scientology.

skep

Patron with Honors
ChurchOfCylontology,

This is the original post that pissed a lot of people off and created a veritable uproar and debate for days
in Feb 2016 about whether this was a real photo. I think it was the beginning of the Marty "new car" rumor.

Now whether it's real or not . . . I don't want to get involved in that debate again as too many people
got pissed off the first time. The image was emailed to me by a friend down around Ingleside by the
Bay

It would be rather incongruous for Rathbun to be driving a Ferrari, when his very modest house doesn't even have a garage. Time to connect some dots.

skep

Patron with Honors

You really keep sticking with a conspiracy theory once it's been formulated in your mind, don't you?

Leland

Crusader
Since the original lawsuit was Monique vs Cult.....that would make Marty a Witness....regarding the suit, IMO.

If there was some sort of Cult payment to Marty....who then talked Monique into dropping the suit, that IMO, would be "suborning a witness" by the Cult.

This would be a very serious Felony....witness tampering...

This would open the Cult up to new Criminal and Civil liability.

Edited:

Actually...it would seem to me that Monique dropping the suit...really would have nothing to do with this scenario. Any payment from the Cult to Marty....would IMO be witness tampering.

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
It would be rather incongruous for Rathbun to be driving a Ferrari, when his very modest house doesn't even have a garage. Time to connect some dots.

In general you're correct, but....I've known guys like that.

Rent a cheap apartment but have a ridiculously expensive car.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
ChurchOfCylontology,

This is the original post that pissed a lot of people off and created a veritable uproar and debate for days
in Feb 2016 about whether this was a real photo. I think it was the beginning of the Marty "new car" rumor.

Now whether it's real or not . . . I don't want to get involved in that debate again as too many people
got pissed off the first time. The image was emailed to me by a friend down around Ingleside by the
Bay

Have you considered using those shoop persuasion skills to counterfeit $125 bills?

Lone Star

Crusader

It's not a mansion, but it's not a "modest" house either. (YMMV) Oh, and it has a four car garage. The frontal picture you see on Google maps makes the house look smaller than it is. It extends toward the back side, not sideways. It's a corner lot. The garage faces the side street.

Lone Star

Crusader
In general you're correct, but....I've known guys like that.

Rent a cheap apartment but have a ridiculously expensive car.

In general he is not correct. Marty has a four car garage and a house valued at almost three hundred grand. Plus a wife and a kid. IF he has an expensive car then that is certainly a tell.

JustSheila

Crusader
In general he is not correct. Marty has a four car garage and a house valued at almost three hundred grand. Plus a wife and a kid. IF he has an expensive car then that is certainly a tell.

:hmm: High mortgage, even with a large downpayment.

High car payments? The maximum cash limit for cars in the US is $10,000 or it must be reported to Federal authorities. Most car dealers won't accept more than $10,000 cash; it's too much hassle. The rest must be either by loan or bank cheque, not a debit or credit card.

https://www.quora.com/Will-most-auto-dealers-let-you-buy-a-car-entirely-in-cash