What's new

Reply to SchwimmelPuckel about the Tech

I moved my reply to your post, SchwimmelPuckel, over from my introduction thread. I thought it probably belonged here, more than there.

Some of the tech good? - Well, if you've been luking, then you already know I think it's dreck, if not outright dangerous.

Yes, I'm very familiar with your viewpoint and those of similar. It's your absolute right to have that viewpoint. There are those people, though, who do have a hard time reconciling within themselves "why" they felt good and that they were helped by this thing that turned out to be so terrible and evil, perpetrated by this despicable con man. This may be true especially for the ones who have left more recently and discovered all the information on the net. Although long gone and recovered from the trauma of leaving Scientology and getting declared, I did a little self-searching in that area too upon reading "the truth" about LRH and the CofS. It is for those other that people I post my viewpoints, and also for people who still might be "in" who read these boards looking to sort through their own confusion.

I give you this - the tech is no doubt dangerous as it is applied in the CofS today. Once I had an acquaintance ask me about Scientology because she was being pressured by friends to join up. I told her if she was curious to read a book or two, but under NO circumstances have anything whatsoever to do with the organization.

Dianetics presumes that we all have a reactive mind with engrams and implants in it. With 'commands' that affect our thinking and perceptions. Thus, we can't trust our own minds.. This is the 'human condition' and why we need auditing. To 'recall' all these 'commends' inside engrams and implants. When we've recalled them all, we're 'Clear'.. Which is the natural and 'unabberated' state of a human. When 'Clear' we've regained our sanity..

Well, by observation and participation in the world at large, one can draw the conclusion that "something" is up with the minds of many humans, or the world wouldn't be the way it is. People wouldn't be so gullible, for instance, as to get into these things in the first place, and the CofS would not have been able to become the powerful entity that it has been. The lie is that Hubbard's way is the only way to get better.

Right.. Until we're clear we can't trust our own minds! - We accept to be 'abberated', or insane. And since our own cognitive senses is suspect, we must rely on Hubbards teachings. If we disagree, there's the Scientology organization to help us get over that little dramatization of bank.

This is actually a time-honored tradition in our world, one which LRH just seized upon and perpetuated. The masses of humanity have, throughout recorded history, been led around with a ring in their nose by the religions, which say "If you do not do it our way you are doomed." The doctrine of original sin is the granddaddy of this whole premise, IMHO. It stipulates that humans are just naturally imperfect and incapable of attaining any salvation or knowledge of their maker without an intermediary. To force people to adhere to a particular set of doctrines and practices "or else" has been, and still is a modus operandi of organized religions.

Hubbard set himself up as a messiah as many others did before him. I still do not think this was his original intent, but he seized upon it quickly enough. When he was writing DMSMH, do you really think he had a clue how popular it would become? I don't. I think he was just trying to write something that would make him some money. The difference, in the 20th century, is that LRH had a "tech" rather than a set of belief systems. This appealed, I think, to vast numbers of people alienated and disgusted with the religions and enamored of the possibilities of science and technology. The premise of a "fix-all" for the human mind and the problems and uncertainties of life which is not based upon worshipping the right God or laying on the psychiatrist's couch is undeniably tempting. People are still looking for it in droves.

Uhm.. What we need to figure out here is this: Believing that we can't trust our own mind is a 'mind trap'.. Is this 'trap' a marketing ploy to get us enrolling in Hubbards crusade.. Or is the 'reactive mind' actually true?

As I said before, obviously "something" is up with the human mind for the world to be the way it is. There seems to be a part in most of of us which does not always function sanely and which seeks to sabotage our attempts to create the life we want and to destroy that which we feel threatens us. I am not sure that LRH had it exactly right with the "reactive mind" premise, but surely there is something along those lines at work.

The trap is in buying into the "messiah" idea, that we have no power over our minds, emotions lives, or eternal future without "the intermediary" - be it person, technology or belief system. So yes, I think that the premise that we cannot trust our own minds and must do Hubbard's exact tech to get clear so we can is a lie and a marketing ploy. To my mind, though, that isn't directly relevant to whether or not some people benefit from the tech in some way.

If it's a marketing ploy, that's very hard to justify. The $cientology organization has proven to be totalitarian.. Works very well with all the proselytes doubting their own judgement... Also, if it's a ploy, then it's not really true. We are NOT insane! - Falsely believing that ones mind is flawed can't be good for ones mental health at all!

Hubbard also was very "black and white". "Sane" and "insane" are relative and subjective terms, which he tried to define absolutely. Life, and the human psyche are not like that, so black and white. Now I know it is not possible to create a "tech" that will work for everyone, or even all of the "able". Humans are not wired that way. Everyone has areas of life that work and areas that don't, and to say they are insane unless they do Dianetics and Scientology processing is preposterous, of course. I never bought that, even being a devotee. I was simply about becoming more able myself and helping others to do so, if I could. I would like to live in a world with no war, criminals or insanity, if it be possible to create such. I now know such a world will not be created by a totalitarian regime with a "tech" though.

I agree with you entirely that believing one's mind is flawed is not good for one's mental health. Neither is believing that one is inherently evil because of some lady taking a bite out of an apple in the dim reaches of human history particularly good for one's mental health, IMHO.

If the 'Reactive Mind' is really true.. Then it's also a fact that we can't trust our own minds. And possibly Dianetics is a way to remedy the condition. But if so, why do we need a totalitarin organization for it?

See above, we don't need a totalitarian anything. Yet there must be a set of universal truths that will enable humanity, individually and collectively, to better itself and evolve into higher, and more civilized states of consciousness. I never bought that we are just random acts of evolution, or that we are descended from clams.:eyeroll: We do not necessarily have to condemn all that we have been and to view ourselves as "flawed" in order to desire to create something better. That is what Hubbard put there with his black and white definitions of things. He just fed into the already existing concept that humans need someone or something to "save them from themselves."

Oh, yeah.. Hubbard explained that didn't he.. All humanity is insane and reacting against 'truth' whereever it pops up. The dwindeling spiral and all that. Earth is a prison planet, and the 'implants' we all have makes us resist escaping... Remember that Book One explains that our mothers freak out if we get in session and maybe 'recalls' that she tried to abort us in multitude unspeakable ways.

I never bought LRH's entire cosmology and history of Earth, either. Yet if one observes human behavior from a place of objectivity, one will see that some of the things he said about the reactive mind appear to be true. People do often seem to be "restimulated" by sights, sounds, sensations and similarities that remind them of painful events in their past. "Reliving" past painful experience is part of other therapies besides Dianetics and Scientology. Viewing the painful experience again in a safe setting seems to be quite beneficial for some people and stops some areas of "restimulation." Even some of the doctors are starting to admit to the emotional component of illness and recovery. Once again, I think LRH had part of it, but not all of it, and he really should have realized that. Maybe he does now, from the afterlife, wherever he is.

So that explains why we have Scientology in a fight against the human race and society. And we understand (even if we ARE abberated!), that we need to join the battle. We need to 'root out the SP's!'.. Obliterate psychiatry.. Take over Govenment.. Squash opposition.. Hammer out of existence wrong technology..

This is time-honored behavior in operation again. The religions have tried to force everyone into the battle to eradicate all opposition and still do, in more subtle ways now than torture and death for non-compliance. This is the same old thing dressed up in new, contemporary garb. Still, the great battle at hand is not entirely relevant, IMHO, to whether or not Hubbard had a few things that actually worked for people. Some people find spiritual fulfillment in the religions, too, albeit their earthly organizations are into the exact same power and control games as Scientology.

To do all that we are 'Homo Novis'..

Nope, obviousy LRH had a concept of Homo Novis that he was unable to live or to bring about through his organization. That does not necessarily mean that the concept of Homo Novis is not possible. We are nothing if we cannot imagine and dream of greater things. We do not have the right, however, to enforce our imaginings and dreams on everyone else.

"There are men dead, because they opposed us!", enthused Hubbard with a smirk of satisfaction.. They died because of the awesome spiritual power of truth and ethics presence of our church.. Or because some GO/OSA operation made things go right?

This is Hubbard's messiah complex at work, clearly.

Wheeze! - Let's backtrack a little.. If the reactive mind is true and Dianetics is a workable technology. Then we can sit peacefully and audit our damned engrams I should think!

We could, perhaps, or some could. A lot of people had good results working with Dianetics just from the book, so it seems. That is how, I assume, that LRH got the idea to create a formal organization to deliver the service, and from there eased into the role of messiah.

I even think we could organize that so that the cost of service was reasonable, ie. that people could actually afford it.

If people were of a mind, they could do co-audits and not exchange money at all. I am of the opinion that the upper level tech may be highly questionable. That which is in LRH's early books is usable by people, if they want, without their having to go to an organization and be trained for it or seek out a "certified practitioner". No one should be "forced" to do anything, of course. In my world it's kind of simple now - if it works, do it but don't force anyone else to do it your way. If it doesn't, or quits working, stop and move on.

One of the fundamental truths of existence that I am certain of now is that we do ALL have the inherent power within us to better ourselves if we choose to do so. We do not NEED a specific religion, tech, system or intermediary to do that. If people do not have the discipline, perseverance or commitment to seek that power within and tap into it on their own and have to have somebody "help" them, then an exchange is in order. If you cannot fix your own car, for instance, you have to pay the mechanic. As I said previously, though, I never found ANY justification for the high prices of Scientology. I didn't have that kind of money, but if I did have it, they wouldn't have gotten it all. There would have been a point where I would have said "Deliver what you promised or you don't get another dime." I sure the hell would not have paid for my own periodic mandatory sec checks.

If the claims hold true, we'd soon see clears with eidetic memory. Who don't get colds. With intelligence towering over normal man... They'd be enormously successful at businnes and living. The validity of Dianetics would be without reproach... The 'product' would be it's own advertising.

Hubbard way overstepped himself making grandiose claims for the states of Clear and OT, absolutely. His "black and white" viewpoint is obvious. "Clear" had to be an absolute, a "this, this and that." The concept of "clearer than before" wasn't in his realm of possibilities as a viable end result, I assume. Early on, it was proved pretty conclusively that "Clear" as he described and marketed it did not actually exist, for anyone with the eyes to see and the ears to hear. Neither did OT's have all the fantastic abilities he promised. Yet many people did experience marked personal change through Dianetics and Scientology processing. I was one of those.

If you compare this marketing strategy with advertising in the real world - how many companies make exaggerated claims for their products which cause people to buy them up? So many that the government had to pass laws to regulate it. You buy something on that basis, from watching the infomercial or whatever, and you find out that it works, but probably not so great as the sales pitch said. Maybe you learn, after a while, not to fall for the sales hype. Because Hubbard engaged in the deceptive selling of intangibles, is his offense greater than anybody else who misrepresents their product? Is the product totally worthless because it doesn't actually do all that? That's a matter for each individual to decide.

I really do not wish to change anyone's mind - just simply put alternate viewpoints there for those who would find them useful. People have some responsibility to watch out for potholes in the road, too, and to exercise some common sense and discernment, now more than ever with so many people jumping on the self-help/new age gravy train.

I stayed in Scientology as long as it continued to work for me, and as long as I felt I might be doing something that would help humanity. I actually spent less than $10,000 cash in eleven years in Scientology and feel it was more or less a fair exchange for what I got out of it. When it wasn't working anymore, when I was seeing and experiencing things that I just was not cool with, I left. It was hard leaving. "The Bridge" had become a big, big part of my life and I was scared that I had tossed away my only chance at freeing myself from my own demons and having a happy life. I no longer, in my mind, had a cause or purpose to align with or much hope of finding a higher truth. I lost some good friends, too, when I got declared - fortunately not family or livelihood. But you know, LRH had taught me well; "Never compromise your own reality." These are actually wise, wise words. If people would follow them, they wouldn't get into cults, or would get out of the ones they're in. When I saw clearly that the CofS was not being true to its stated aims and purposes, I had to leave.

Organizations like Scientology would not perpetuate themselves if people didn't buy into the hype so blindly. Paradoxically, I used abilities that I had gained through my auditing and training to re-evaluate the organization and decide I no longer wanted to be a part of it. Through my auditing, I became much less of a blind sheep than I was before, and much less tolerant of hypocrisy. In that respect, LRH did me a favor, although maybe not the one he intended.:yes:

However.. If that don't happen, then the reason might be that Dianetics is worthless.

I don't think anyone will be able to codify the human experience in exact terms or fully explain "consciousness" because we are not "the same" any of us. We are not microchips coming off the assembly line. The great mysteries of the cosmos can only be known in the way that we, as individuals, relate to and understand our life experience.

Meanwhile, each of us are free to find value, and worthlessness, as we like, and to be nasty bastards, if we want. The frustrating part of "black and white" though, is that you get really pissed when others cannot see your version of it.

It takes two to tango. If people did not so readily buy into the hype, if they would take what worked and leave the rest, these organizations would not become so large, powerful and abusive. Let others fight with picket signs, masks, youtube, etc. That, too, has its place. Injustice is injustice, whether it is hiding behind the cloak of "religion" or not, and it needs to be exposed. However, unless the other side of the coin is addressed; what makes people get into these groups in the first place and be turned into mindless automatons, there will always be another person with a messiah complex, and another mind and body controlling cult just around the corner. My fight is to liberate the power of the human spirit.

:coolwink:

Power Change

Patron Meritorious
Overall a great well thought out post. I agree with a lot of what you say but there are some I don’t. So this is what I don’t agree with and why.

Thanks and here it is IMHO.

I give you this - the tech is no doubt dangerous as it is applied in the CofS today.

The tech is inherently dangerous, it doesn’t matter in whose hands it is. Take out C of S mgmt, it is worse for beings in that there is NO regulation and oversight-even if that oversight is from a misguided well meaning CS. This tech in the hands of unlicensed unregulated people is dangerous. I have seen so many on different levels get worse from the tech. At a minimum all those involved with the tech lose who they are for either a short time or a long time depending entirely on how long they are in scn.

Well, by observation and participation in the world at large, one can draw the conclusion that "something" is up with the minds of many humans, or the world wouldn't be the way it is. People wouldn't be so gullible, for instance, as to get into these things in the first place, and the CofS would not have been able to become the powerful entity that it has been.

Or... the existence of everything is there for a reason and that “something is up with the minds of humans” is the being and all they are trying to learn each lifetime being presented with different challenges. Being restimulated can very well be occurring for a reason. A being may have to overcome something that lifetime after lifetime they have not yet conquered or learned from. Being restimulated is not necessarily bad unless it is stopping a being from participating in life or if it has the person hurting other people. Having gullibility may just be a sign of a naïve being in one aspect of their lives, but again, an aspect that they are here in that body in that place to learn - improve- overcome-and gain knowledge from.

I was simply about becoming more able myself and helping others to do so, if I could. I would like to live in a world with no war, criminals or insanity, if it be possible to create such.

I was too. We don’t need scn or psychology or any -ology to become more able. We need to DO the thing we are trying to be more able about. Learn about it and do it, that’s all.If it is difficult, find more resources in that thing...a person does not need therapy or processes on their mind to be more able. They are mutually exclusive of eachother and Hubbard taught us all to believe that ability and the psych state of your mind were related.

if it works, do it but don't force anyone else to do it your way. If it doesn't, or quits working, stop and move on.

And what of the poor ‘subject/patient’ if you try it and it doesn’t work or worse, makes them worse? This is why helping someone free their mind from pain or things that stop them in life should be left to researched and proven systems in the hands of people who are licensed and educated in the area.

If you compare this marketing strategy with advertising in the real world - how many companies make exaggerated claims for their products which cause people to buy them up? So many that the government had to pass laws to regulate it. You buy something on that basis, from watching the infomercial or whatever, and you find out that it works, but probably not so great as the sales pitch said. Maybe you learn, after a while, not to fall for the sales hype. Because Hubbard engaged in the deceptive selling of intangibles, is his offense greater than anybody else who misrepresents their product? Is the product totally worthless because it doesn't actually do all that? That's a matter for each individual to decide.

You cannot possibly compare a MEST product’s effectiveness with what scn engages in and does DO to people’s will, self-determinism, ability to make decisions….this is a stretch of a comparison at best.

"Never compromise your own reality." These are actually wise, wise words. If people would follow them, they wouldn't get into cults, or would get out of the ones they're in.

IMO, it takes a lot more than this to not get involved in a cult. Especially in scn, the ‘reality’ that was presented was a general easy to agree on reality-a world without crime insanity etc etc’…..so most of us entered thinking we were not compromising anything. It was only after getting involved more and observing that the reality we had agreed upon was showing cracks. At THAT point, I should have gotten out. I believe this is true for many from reading posts. It all started out so good.....:duh: :duh: :D

Last edited:
The tech is inherently dangerous, it doesn’t matter in whose hands it is. Take out C of S mgmt, it is worse for beings in that there is NO regulation and oversight-even if that oversight is from a misguided well meaning CS. This tech in the hands of unlicensed unregulated people is dangerous. I have seen so many on different levels get worse from the tech. At a minimum all those involved with the tech lose who they are for either a short time or a long time depending entirely on how long they are in scn.

Just about anything in life is inherently dangerous if used in certain ways. I might agree with you that some of these things around that probe the mind and emotions could stand to be regulated in some capacity. I have no excuse, no justification for the Church of Scientology as it is now and was starting to become when I left. There are a lot of little ins and outs to this question of "whether or not it ought to be allowed" because some people may be harmed by it.

I am also a believer in the inherent right of free will and personal responsibility for the choices one make in life. Organizations like Scientology could not exist without people who bought in and continued to buy in - literally in this case, big, big bucks. I do not think CofS ought to be able to hide behind the guise of "religion" and be tax-exempt. I think it should be held accountable to the "truth in advertising" act and at the very least, be required to post disclaimers on more than just e-meters, you know, like they do for these psychic services, "For entertainment purposes only" or "May be harmful to your sanity and your wallet."

I have learned now, from studying and pondering about why these things come to be in the first place, and why I chose the way that I did, that there is a bottom line to attaining higher states of consciousness and becoming more able in life. That bottom line is "self-inquiry." Any system that promotes self-inquiry will work, at least to a degree. Auditing is, of course, a system of directed self-inquiry. The vast majority of people do not know how to start, or have the self-discipline to pursue self-inquiry on their own - and so methods and systems flourish. It's not entirely effective to try to tell people something is bad for them or dangerous. It's not entirely effective to try to legislate or regulate that either. IMHO it is more effective to educate people who are willing to be educated.

Or... the existence of everything is there for a reason and that “something is up with the minds of humans” is the being and all they are trying to learn each lifetime being presented with different challenges. Being restimulated can very well be occurring for a reason. A being may have to overcome something that lifetime after lifetime they have not yet conquered or learned from. Being restimulated is not necessarily bad unless it is stopping a being from participating in life or if it has the person hurting other people. Having gullibility may just be a sign of a naïve being in one aspect of their lives, but again, an aspect that they are here in that body in that place to learn - improve- overcome-and gain knowledge from.

No disagreement from me here. To my mind, it is ALL about experience, what we learn from those experiences, and how we can evolve from them. IMHO we all have the built-in programming to seek our own evolution and that is what we are each doing, in whichever way we perceive it. All the experiences that we have are part of that. The dark, painful experiences are an essential part of the evolution, because only by "having" them do we learn how to move beyond. That is one of the reasons why I cannot label Scientology "all evil." I learned some things about what I did not want to do in life. Because, in a bigger picture, everything is just ok the way it is now doesn't mean we cannot work to improve it, or "us".

I was too. We don’t need scn or psychology or any -ology to become more able. We need to DO the thing we are trying to be more able about. Learn about it and do it, that’s all.If it is difficult, find more resources in that thing...a person does not need therapy or processes on their mind to be more able. They are mutually exclusive of eachother and Hubbard taught us all to believe that ability and the psych state of your mind were related.

Once again, I absolutely agree with you. Nobody "needs" ANY of that. The power lies within and the "ism-ology" is life itself. Try to get people to see that, though:lol: I actually spend a whole lot of time trying to clue people in on that. That is one of my reasons for being here, I suppose, to be another voice putting forth the message that "the power lies within you." People, by and large, do NOT want to see this, though, that they have the power within their own selves to change whatever they want about self/life. They will say "Gee, thanks for telling me that!" and run off to find the next -ism, -ology, guru, activation, psychic reader, whatever. Then, when they feel that they have been harmed by the whatever, they blame and cry foul. The message "the power lies within you" has been around a long, long time. If I recall, Jesus even said something about it. "Seek the Kingdom of God within you."

Following that line of thought, if everything happens for a reason, then people get into things like Scientology in order to learn something from them, too. I got into a situation later on, after Scientology, where it was very difficult for me to rise above blame and crying foul. It was hard, really hard, and to this day I am hyper about the subject of psychic manipulation, as many are here about Scientology and the tech. I can relate to that viewpoint, actually about the tech being dangerous and wanting to stop it. There is no way to stop the kind of psychic manipulation I experienced, though, except by personally moving into a place of consciousness where people can't do it to you.

It boils down to "HOW do you do that?" You can't. You can take down organizations by exposing fraud and illegality, but you cannot stop people from wanting what they want and trying to get it/have it in as easy a way as possible.

And what of the poor ‘subject/patient’ if you try it and it doesn’t work or worse, makes them worse? This is why helping someone free their mind from pain or things that stop them in life should be left to researched and proven systems in the hands of people who are licensed and educated in the area.

I was speaking, here, from the viewpoint of self. If an individual wants to try something, Scientology, for instance, or any other ism or ology out there, and it works, the person feels better, more improved, great. When something doesn't work anymore, is not producing the results one wanted, then it would be time to consider not doing that anymore. "What works" will be different for any given individual. No, I do not think that all manner of snake-oil salesmen should be given free reign to do what they want. I also think that "research" does not take into account, or have a way to take into account, human consciousness. Therefore, what is "researched" is not, IMHO, entirely reliable either. Researchers are great for claiming "this is how it works, absolutely" and proceeding on that basis, only to make further discoveries which negate what they thought was absolute truth. There is no certainty in this world unless it comes from within.

You cannot possibly compare a MEST product’s effectiveness with what scn engages in and does DO to people’s will, self-determinism, ability to make decisions….this is a stretch of a comparison at best.

To my mind, it isn't about the "product" itself, but the people, and the issue of "falling for the sales pitch." LRH used one of those popular books about salesmanship, Les Dane...I can't remember the title. The same techniques are used for selling shoes, or vacuum cleaners, or real estate or an `ism/ology" that effects change in the human mind. IMHO, any religion, philosophy, system, etc., if it's worth its salt, will NOT have to use a "sales pitch" to attract customers, members, adherents, whatever. It will speak for itself. Those individuals and organizations which do use "the sales pitch" and "marketing strategies" to sell self-improvement are, IMHO, in the same category with the people hawking the vacuum cleaners, and it's about being an astute buyer.

Personally, anymore, I run like hell from most sales pitches, regardless of what is being sold. I feel manipulated, and I find especially distasteful the "new age" pitches like "Co-create anything you desire within 30 days, guaranteed! Buy my book, program, workshop......" Shit has a certain smell to it, you know?

IMO, it takes a lot more than this to not get involved in a cult. Especially in scn, the ‘reality’ that was presented was a general easy to agree on reality-a world without crime insanity etc etc’…..so most of us entered thinking we were not compromising anything. It was only after getting involved more and observing that the reality we had agreed upon was showing cracks. At THAT point, I should have gotten out. I believe this is true for many from reading posts. It all started out so good.....

Yes, to continue on with something that no longer seems to be what you thought it was, or to fit who you are anymore is "compromising your reality." Scientology does have that "agreeable" reality, or it did when I got in, not sure about now. Other cults start off right up front telling people that their reality is "wrong" and they need a new one, and people buy it. They go in compromising their reality. It goes back to "why don't people just leave?" I wonder about that, why I, and some others, were able to see when it was breaking down and get out, and others did not. That is one reason why I have been reading these boards and stories - I want to know more about the answer to that question. The element of actual mind-control and use of the tech in a "black" way is no doubt more prevalent now than when I was in. Humans have a basic survival instinct, though, that should kick in at some point, when they are being treated abusively, etc, or when the organization demands the shirt off one's back.

Lots of questions, some easy answers and some not so easy.......

Thanks for your thoughtful comments, Power-Change:yes:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I moved my reply to your post, SchwimmelPuckel, over from my introduction thread. I thought it probably belonged here, more than there.
You're right! :) Great post too!

Allright.. Abreactive counselling, or 'reliving' past incidents.. I won't say it's completely useless. Basicly we're talking about a guy with the intention of figuring out about himself being guided by a counsellor. This is not unique to Dianetics.. There's even psychologists and psychiatrists using the method. And hypnotists.. But they do that without the emphasis on invalidating the 'patients' mind.

It will work as well as the patient want it to.

However, my point with regard to Scientology and Dianetics is the blatant setup of 'the mind trap' and ceaseless exploitation of it.

I'll engage in a tour de force ducumenting it! (Though I realize that I don't have to, for you... But then, there's lurkers.. And hearing myself speak! :whistling:)

Looking for Scientologists 'applying' the primary mind trap.
This is going to be like watching hyenas in the wild!

HCOB 9 June 1960

THE BASIC ASSUMPTIONS OF SCIENTOLOGY VERSUS OVERTS

The entire secret of all overt-withhold mechanisms is valences.

I have known for a long while that a profile on our tests is a picture of a valence.

If the preclear were in no valence, but was himself completely, he would have a perfect test response and would be wholly clear. In this statement we have one of the background structure points of Scientology."

So anyone "dramatizing a valence" "has overts".
As we can see 'being in a valence' is a condition in which you are not yourself. And from this HCOB we also realize that Hubbard/CoS does in no way assume that people are in command of their own mental faculties. They are considered 'abberees' acting intirely under influence of their 'bank'. They are not aware of that.. Being a scientologist you ARE aware of it (That you can't trust your own mind'.

http://comixtalk.com/scientology_test
The Scientology Test
<snip>
After I finished, we sat down to discuss the results.
<snip>
"I feel pretty happy." I said. But he (the scientologist) explained that this was just by reactive mind, tricking me into thinking I was happy. "Well, it's good." I replied. "because I am living my dream life, and I feel so great about it, I can't imagine being happier." He confirmed that this was an illusion.
<snip>
I politely disagreed with his estimation that stability equaled happiness. We agreed that the low score was caused by the fact that I'm constantly traveling, living in new places, having new jobs, and new friends. I pointed out that these were actually things that made me happy. He politely disagreed. (the scientologist claimed)I just thought they made me happy, because my reactive mind was clearly trying to get me to run from something.

Then, he expressed concern in the difference between my scores for "correct estimation" and "appreciative". Apparently, I am very egotistical and look down on other people. I explained that I really didn't think that was true. I am constantly traveling the world and meeting new people of every walk of life, and I consider each and every person I meet my equal. I don't harbor negative thoughts for anyone. He explained that that was not true, my reactive mind just think that other people are so unworthy of my attention, that it tricks me into assuming the negative thoughts I have for them are deserved, and therefore don't count as negative.

The only way to be truly happy and appreciative of others, as opposed to thinking you're happy and appreciative of others, two states that are apparently so indistinguishable that only a scantron test can tell them apart, I was informed, was to join the church of Scientology.

And then he offered to sell me a copy of Dianetics. Oh, and I took the other test where you hold the two tin cans in your hands while a needle moves back and forth on a machine. Apparently the movement of the needle implied that I'm scared of my mom.
There it is! - We must assume that this is 'reality' for the scientolgist here. If he is not 'Clear' then he's 'aware' that his own mind is playing subtle tricks on him... But what tricks exactly? - He has no way to know if some attitude, opinion or thought of his is bank... And remember: That when he does attain 'Clear' there's Body Thetans.. More bank, just not his own.. Yet Body Thetans 'work' just the same. Without you being aware, they affect the workings of your mind.

Next we have this violently entertaining incident:scilon tries to make anons head explodeScientologist trying to fib the anon girl that she was hypnotised by a psychiatrist.. He's actually trying to apply Hubbards primary mind trap.. Ie. Making the Anon Girl believe she can't trust her own mind.

But for this to 'work' the Anon Girl would have to believe him... She doesn't, so it's not working at all.. The Scilon, who was formerly known as 'Psychotic Camera Guy' gets a new nickname: 'Mr Giraffe'! - His real name is Ad Vulto, from Belgium. Currently applying his OT powers at AOSH Copenhagen... But do Ad Vulto realize that Hubbard did it to himself? - Made him believe that his mind was unreliable..

Next we have this account from Jason Harris, posting as 'Pelagic':
Pelagic on OCMB said:
OCMB/My rise, and inevitable fall in the Sea Org

<snip>This sec check had started to get a little weird, apart from the usual questions about my post, life and personal habits, there were all these questions about 'visitations'. Have you had 'visitations'? Have you been visited in your sleep? Basically they seemed to think that someone had gotten to me, and done the PDH thing. Drugged me up and sent me in to disrupt the organization; they thought I was a plant!<snip>
Visitations? - PDH.. Pain Drug Hypnosis!? - This paranoid shit is 'real' for scientologists! - Never mind that people all over the world get in surgery as a pretty usual and unexiting thing.. The doctors drug them. Then cut them open and work on their innards. All the while talking about everything and their swingin' aunt.

I've said it before.. It's good thing that Hubbard lied. If this shit was true we'd be in it!

:yes:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip>(Believing own mind flawed is not mentally healthy.) Neither is believing that one is inherently evil because of some lady taking a bite out of an apple in the dim reaches of human history particularly good for one's mental health, IMHO.<snip>
Well, that is correct.. Would apply for those x-ians who consider it true..

So it is with Hubbards mindtrap. It only 'works' and is damaging if considered true.

Hmm.. So, like you, I didn't 'really' consider it true.. I thougt! - And I was told more than once that I was a 'dilletante' because of it.. But when I left the cult, with my family disconnected.. I actually believed I was an SP.. This from the idea of 'pulling in' and getting no case gains in session. I therefore considered it 'best for everyone involved' that my wife and kids got away from my evil influence. I shied away from knowing anyone... I took my own good time to get out of that funk.. 10 years!

As an aside.. The 'tech' to divert critique of Scn by pointing out that other religions are just as nutty, is frequently used by OSA Public Relations... I actually used the argument in DA texts when I was in the GO.

But we need to consider that Christian lore was 'invented' 2000 years ago. While Scientology was 'invented' recently in 'enlighetened' times.

From this we can observe that Hubbard really worked for a reversion to medieval worldviews, with superstition and a similar 'justice' system.

The idea about SP's is simlar to believing in whitches and people with 'Evil Eyes'

That said.. It's true that I can make stats go flabby within a radius of 50 feet. For this reason I drive by their orgs occasionally.. The results speak for themselves.

:yes: