Research? What Research?

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by F.Bullbait, Mar 12, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Someone asked a good question in the Science of Survival thread regarding whether there was any physical research data connected with this business.

Here's the answer from the horse's mouth:

"Now, once in a while somebody says to me, "You don't keep a record of what you're doing." The hell I don't! I keep a record - this (meaning the recorded lecture) is actually a record. You just wouldn't believe me if I had told you there was practically no thought or research behind this. But there isn't. There isn't any thought or research, as you think of it, of taking endless notes, notes, notes and then trying to find these and compare. That is not the way I do research." (LRH lecture, 6 November 1952, Methods of Research - The Thetan as an Energy Unit, from the Source of Life Energy lecture series.) :wink2:

2. Gib

Gib Crusader

beautiful cop out, isn't it. He read others like freud, jung, the polish guy Korzbyski, took their research and called it his own, a TR thing. what is it TR2. LOL

3. Abletu

Abletu Patron with Honors

The church of Hubbardism is just that Hubbardism, and is a cult.

Scientology is scientology, confusing hubbardism with scientology is what gets every scienologist into trouble.

Every person is capable of knowing how to know to the fullest extent.

Dianetics is dianetics, confusing dianetics with hubbardism is what get every dianetic auditor in trouble.

The physical universe is reducible to energy patterns expressed in present time.

The universe's page by page (past time) of every event, location, place, activity...etc are fully as-is recorded in complete sensory 3D. A clear can access all of this at will.

Dianetics auditing is guided time travel through the auto-as-is 24/7 recording of every attempt to alter-is this recorded energy pattern resulting in an engram.

Basically you were blown the f*** out of all connections for every attempt, thus an engram, thus a recording in full 3D does exist while you were out, without your knowledge, without your consent and/or involvement in recording that physical universe event, location or experience.

Church of hubbardism is a cult, because Ron did not understand any of the above.

Best Wishes

Adrian

4. Gib

Gib Crusader

My red bold above -

show me a mother fuckin clear. You met any that can do as you say.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

5. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

Hubbard did not do any scientific research. He had an idea and ran with it. He should have kept to his writing pulp fiction and he would not have made such a mess of things.

Hubbard was arrogant and had hypnotized himself into believing his affirmations. He experimented but research wasn't part of it.

And finally, look how he ended up. Hiding from the law, his wife was sent to prison for five years, his son Quentin committed suicide, and after smoking 4 packs of Kool cigarettes for decades he died at the age of 74 in very bad shape physically and mentally.

That's his research.

6. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

As I have understood it, many years later, what he did was "hit or miss, try this and try that".
    Someone here had posted that Alan Walter had made mention of this about Hubbard using a select group of ASHO PCs for this crap (correct me if I am wrong).

No double-blind tests.
    No experimental vs control group testing.
    No tests for placebo effects.

Whether Hubbard kept extensive records about his "hit or miss" pseudo-scientific efforts is not the point.

7. F.Bullbait

"Research? We ain't got no Research. We don't need no Research! I don't have to show you any stinkin' Research!"
    (tip of the hat and apologies to the screen writers of Treasure of the Sierra Madre)

In the book Scientology 8-80 (2007 edition) there is a list (p.68) of dichotomies that are run in processing such as:

Survive
    Succumb

Be
    Not be

Win
    Lose

Note that the lesser concept in each bracket is always on the bottom. Going down the list of these dichotomies one finds:

Imagine
    Truth

I deduce from this bracket that LRH thought imagination was superior to truth.

8. Abletu

Do you understand clear? and what actually changes during dianetic auditing?

The difference before and after auditing is the change in the importance of the experience recorded when you were disconnected from the records, and the change of relative importance to your survival in present time.

Ever read a book a s/f and felt it could be real, or any novel you could experience, like walking in their shoes. You are connected to an other place and/or another time and/or another space. You do it all the time.

You probably call it and/or recognize it as imagination.

The insane asylums are full of people stuck in the reality of recorded time track.

You need rest because you are mostly solo time track surfing, sleep disconnects most of what is restimulated. You are always bombarded with reactive solutions you just will not follow, sleep disconnects them.

9. Infinite

Infinite Crusader

Have you ever seen a Clear? If so, you could single handedly save Scientology and rescue mankind from this prison mudball planet - and earn a Nobel Prize. If you can show the world an OT you will score a million dollars. Personally, I'd love to see Xenu . . . do you know where abouts he is these days?

10. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

If that is how they appear in Dr Hubbard's original scripture, they are pairs of verbs except for the last two; a verb and a noun. They can all be done or not done by a subject, except 'Truth'. Looks like Dr. Hubbard had cognitive dissonance on Truth.

11. Gib

Gib Crusader

Here, go argue with Geir Isene over at his blog and Hubbards so called "clear"

http://isene.me/2013/03/17/hubbard-lied/

The comment from Alanzo puts it very clear:

"Lying about the results a person can achieve through Dianetics and Scientology auditing was one of Hubbard’s oldest practices, beginning with the 1950 taped lecture “The Story of Dianetics and Scientology” where he said that he “tried to occupy the same space as some shrapnel”,and was blinded and crippled from his war wounds. He then said that he cured himself using Dianetics.
    He repeated this lie many more times, including decades later in “My Philosophy”.
    As we all now know that Hubbard never saw combat, and thus was never blinded and crippled, then he never cured himself with Dianetics. Also, in Dianetics, he wrote that he hadalready created “Clears” with the abilities of the Clear he writes about in that book – not that “Clear” was some postulated state.
    He continued to lie about the results of Dianetics and Scientology when he laid out the abilities of OTs. As the main auditor and “Case Supervisor” throughout the history of Dianetics and Scientology, Hubbard knew that no one ever achieved these states, and that neither had he.
    He knew that NO ONE had ever achieved these abilities with Dianetics and Scientology.
    A major driving factor for every Scientologist is that someday they will have these states for themselves. They imagine what their life will be like once they are “clear” or “OT” and this is a major motivator for everything they do in Scientology, from joining staff to help create these states in others, to paying huge sums of money to get them for themselves.
    Most of the abuses, especially in the Sea Org and on staff, are because of the “vital importance”, for every man woman and child on earth, of achieving these states for human beings for the first time in earth’s history, fighting against the bad guys “up there” who “mean business”, and who want to keep us trapped on this prison planet without the abilities that no one ever “permitted us to believe” we had.
    Lying about the abilities of Clear and OT was always the main engine that drove Scientology. A Scientologist will sometimes think that they “dubbed in” their ideas about what could be achieved through Clear and OT. This is not true. Those ideas about what you could achieve as a Clear and an OT were very deliberately put inside your head by L Ron Hubbard.
    He never quit lying, nor did he ever correct his lies in the 36 years he ran Dianetics and Scientology. Every day he had a chance to stop lying, and he never did.
    It is very important to remember that. It is a fact that affects almost all other facts in Scientology. It is a fact which should inform almost all decision-making as you make decisions about your own involvement in it.
    Without these facts, you can not make informed decisions for your self about how hard you should actually work for free on staff, or how much money you should pay, whether you should disconnect from your children and other family members, and exactly how much stock you should put in this religion that you have adopted for yourself.
    L Ron Hubbard never told you the truth about what Dn and Scn could do for you. He always lied about it.
    Remember that fact, stop justifying for him, and let it inform your decision making about your involvement in Dianetics and Scientology.
    If every Scientologist did this, the abuses would stop over night.
    Alanzo"

12. F.Bullbait

One thing about a good lie is that it contains at least an element of truth (or good imagination if you want to be superior about it). :cloud9:

13. quite similar to my own style of research

14. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

The following image is the ONLY thing separating you from that arch criminal Xenu...and sorry little thanks doe this thing in the image get!

[​IMG]

15. F.Bullbait

"So you get people from 4.0 down are starting to get worried about agreeing. They're starting to get very worried about agreeing, so they're starting to get very worried about truth. And the lower they go, the more worried they are about truth and the further they're departing from a flexibility and the more they are approaching a solidity. And when they've all agreed it's true, they're dead. That is the ultimate in truth. So what's truth? All truth is relative." (LRH lecture, 17 November 1952 Creative Processing, found in the Command of Theta lecture series)

I guess when LRH became Source, some truth became more relative than other truths.

One finds in this lecture, Creative Processing, that LRH finally puts in all his chips on the superiority of imagination (your own universe) over the physical universe. This is the run up to 8-8008, "The attainment of Infinity by the reduction of the apparent infinity of the MEST universe to zero and the increase of the apparent zero of one's own universe to infinity".

Now, I have empathy for this way of thinking but it is a slippery road.

Follow the slip-pery road,
    Follow the slip-pery road,
    Follow, follow
    Follow, follow
    Follow the slip-pery road.

We're off to see the wizard...

etc. :cloud9:

16. Abletu

This concept auditor & pre-clear is greater than ....... is not a Hubbard originated idea.

Ron speculated the exorcist Jesus & the possessed is greater than demon possession, was the reason, and hit pay dirt.

What really took place, I figure it was close to an auditing practice? It sure made an impression on people, and kept idolatry and exorcism an active religious practice, and Ron wanted an active idolatry cash flow practice for himself.

Dianetic auditing is a scientific approach to exorcism, I know it works, Ron didn't believe any of this shit, he expected to sell at most about 5000 Dianetics:MSMH copies, and later wished he didn't write the book. It was the only speculation Ron hit with any real scientific value.

17. F.Bullbait

Kind of late posting for this old thread but I couldn't resist...

[​IMG]

18. Thetaman

Thetaman Patron

I absolutely agree. I think the EP of scientology is a person who can not distinguish from imagination to reality. It was clear that Hubbard lived in his imagination. 1000 + published fiction works Is a good clue.