Revolt in the Stars

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by grundy, Sep 30, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. grundy

grundy Gold Meritorious Patron

2. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Because that movie will send the Hospitals into overtime with pneumonia cases.:D

3. gomorrhan

gomorrhan Gold Meritorious Patron

Well, the LIE is that it will make you sick, or otherwise enturbulated.

The TRUTH is that you can sell it for 100,000 or more dollars by making it a mystery.

4. alexm

alexm Patron with Honors

I always wanted to read this story. Thank you very much for posting it.

5. rifleman56

rifleman56 Patron

I remember hearing about this back in the late 70's. I always wondered if OT3 can kill you or make you real sick how come Ron wants to make a movie about it. :confused2:

6. grundy

grundy Gold Meritorious Patron

np :thumbsup:

Yeah .. me too :confused2:

7. Guero

Guero Patron

Indeed. Maybe he figured he'd come up with some kind of explanation to get around that. Compared to some Star Wars ripoffs, this would have looked about as good as Star Crash, or any other berserk Itallian-knock off.

I'm figuring it would have been about as good as the film of Battlefield Earth, had it been filmed in the 70s.

8. Lee_from_phx

Lee_from_phx Patron with Honors

Has anyone here seen the Thugs on Film review of Battlefield Earth?

At the end, there is a questionnaire about the movie and Scientology in general. If you get the answers right, one of the characters pipes up with "Say, you're not one of them dirks are you?"

It is hard to find, but VERY FUNNY.

9. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

I just asked this same question in another thread. My husband worked at Brilliant Films when they were working on this movie and he was telling me about Xenu, etc. and I was freaking out! :shock: I had done OT3, but he had not, so he didn't know it was confidential, and I couldn't let on or then he would know. I always wondered what was LRH thinking by making this movie of this stuff that he insisted we should NEVER talk about?!? :questions:

10. Pitbull

Pitbull Patron with Honors

This pisses me off more than just about anything.

Here is "Ron" when he was still alive. Acting like he really
    wasn't running Scientology anymore. But the organization
    was a real mess, and the OT levels were really not clearly
    researched and people were having all kinds of problems
    with Scientology.

And here was "Ron" spending all this time writing more Science
    Fiction books! What a sniveling scumbag. He is the founder
    of a group that is expecting total devotion from its members
    and he's off screwing around. Like Nero fiddling while Rome Burns.

I can't imagine what sort of sick motivations this bastard had.
    But the fact that he was so freakishly prolific about writing
    may be some indication of his obsessive lunacy.

[​IMG]

11. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

:omg:

:thumbsup:

12. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Banned

I believe that "ron" had a very good reason for continuing to write "science fiction"

Because he knew how he programmed you better than you did, he knew that you would find fault for the organization, long before you dared find fault with him.

So he HAD to keep writing the stuff you would still read.

He had to keep his strangle hold on your psyche.

This is why every book he wrote after there was scientology, contained repeated references to the FACT that Scientology held all your closest and dearest secrets.

All his books remind the readers of this... I recall browsing one and BEING REMINDED OF MY SECRETS I TOLD SCIENTOLOGY.

he did this with manipulative, contrived, intent to maintain YOUR SILENCE.

In Battlefield earth, which was intended to silence all of us..

[​IMG]

""having leverage on ratbrains" means having the dirt to silence you.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  13. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

14. Kha Khan

Kha Khan Patron Meritorious

My theory is that, at a certain point, he became bored with Scientology. I think he realized that there really was no point in seeking the respect, admiration and adulation of people for whom he not only had no respect, but disdained.

Do you know that old Groucho Marx saying, "Please accept my resignation. I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member?" I believe it got that way for Hubbard, at the end. I mean, really, what self-respecting person would want to lead an organization that had Scientologists as members?

Seriously, for all of his intellectual pretensions and misrepresentations, Hubbard was a man who at one time hung out and conversed with the likes of Isaac Asimov, A. E. van Vogt, and, for that matter, Jack Parsons.

And then he woke up one day and realized that he was hanging out with... David Miscavige. That the only people who adored and respected him were... Scientologists.

Can you think of a more depressing realization in your old age?

So, Pitbull, the reason why Hubbard began to write novels while the organization was a "real mess" was that he never gave a shit about the organization, or anyone in it, beyond his own ego. He was like a child who not only became bored with a toy, but finally outgrew it and, to be honest, became embarrassed that he ever liked it. So he threw it away.

And the reasons why Ron began writing science fiction books again while "the OT levels were really not clearly researched and people were having all kinds of problems with Scientology" were that Ron:

(1) at least when he was honest with himself and not on drugs, knew perfectly well that the "OT levels" were bullshit; and​

(2) never gave a crap whether "people were having all kinds of problems with Scientology" because those people were, after all, Scientologists, and therefore stupid and/or weak enough to deserve everything they got.​

The history of Scientology shows that Hubbard purged anyone who was his equal, anyone who could challenge him, leaving him only with those who he did not respect and for whom he had nothing but contempt. Leaving him a lonely man.

I'm confident that, in the end, Ron's regret was that he didn't go back earlier to writing novels. It is, after all, the one place he received a modicum of respect from people other than Scientologists. Which is to say, the one place he received a modicum of respect from persons whose respect had any value.

15. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

This pisses me off more than just about anything.

with Scientology.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

16. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Quote Pitbull: This pisses me off more than just about anything.

with Scientology.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

17. Rmack

Rmack Van Allen Belt Sunbather

Are you sure this isn't some kind of cover story to discredit the whole idea that the "Zenuuuuandyoutoo" story is even part of the $ci-cunt-burrology upper level products?

18. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Interesting take on it, Kha Khan! :yes:

And in fact 'Mission Earth' lampoons and ridicules the CoS organization, particularly the GO/OSA.. Called 'The Apparatus' in the story. Even the peaceful and happy society that results from eliminating 'The Apparatus' is a swipe at CoS.. Ridiculing the idea of a 'theta' and safe environment. Populated with fools who are kept from bad news.

Mewhaha.. It amuses the hell outta me that scientologists can read that story and not get it!

"Mission Earth is satire. It'll key out the bank!" I was told! - Oh, man!

:yes:

19. asagai

asagai Patron Meritorious

I agree with KhaKhan and Schwimm.

Hubbard created a slave cult as per his affirmation intentions.

The slave-master has no respect for the slaves. That is just part of the mechanism of slavery.

The slave-master does not use the same techniques on himself that he uses on his slaves. So Hubbard did not use Scientology, he was not a Scientologist, who were beneath his contempt. This is obvious from even his Scn writings, which constantly contradicted or ignored Scn precepts.

Like any slave-master he had to destroy any slave who became too powerful.

Why should we be surprised that he ignored his "pneumonia - overwhelm tech", just like he personally ignored, comm tech, problems tech, O/W tech, upsets tech, ser fac tech?

The Revolt in the Stars was simply a multi-income stream for him. Why make only one round of money out of an idea? Having sold it as a dangerous mystery to the slaves, why not multi-income stream it by selling it to the masses as a sci-fi yarn? He was simply getting paid twice over for the same idea! :duh:

His "destimulation" justification is simply more slave-contempt propaganda.

"material things are yours for the asking" "men are your slaves" - LRH

20. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

So long as the implant part is missed out then the viewer is safe. Then they can enjoy crap 50's science fiction without even a sniffle.