Rex Fowler - Everywhere, All the Time

Discussion in 'Controversial Scientologists' started by Alanzo, Apr 10, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Div6

Div6 Crusader

AFRICA?

I wonder if it is for Davey's retirement home? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Kyalami)

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

3. pollywannacracker

pollywannacracker Patron Meritorious

Rex Fowler "bungled" the suicide attempt. What was it that LRH said about criminals? Something to the tune that they foul up the crimes in order to get caught. Did Rex Fowler simplyl "pull it in" so that he would get caught and the Co$ could be implicated?

-PWC

4. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Interesting comment. One thing is for sure - it's pretty straightforward to blow your brains out if you really want to do it.

5. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Time will tell....some how I don't think that an AO is exactly what Africa needs the most right now.

6. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

The way South Africa is heading, investing in real estate there seems unwise.

7. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Yes but the Great Handsome Movie Star - Tom Cruise, said that Scientology can bring peace and improve conditions. Imagine how good it would be for Africa if he were to bless them with his presence, and allow them to gaze upon him.

8. smartone

smartone My Own Boss

I wish England had stricter laws like the US. A guy over here had a gang of teenagers break into his house and attack his family with knives. He defended his family by stabbing one of the kids in the neck and the kid died. This guy had to go to court. Fortunately, he was found innocent. He should NEVER had even gone to court!!! I know in the US that if anybody trespasses into a house the owner has the right to kill them. At least I think that's the law. We're too bloody soft over here.

9. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Perhaps Mr. Cruise, as the authority on the mind, could give a tech briefing to dirt-poor blacks in Africa about how they have different e-meter reactions than a rich white movie star like himself. Then they could donate money to the Ideal Bantu Meter project,to develop an E-meter that give their kind some hope of ever going OT.

From original edition of book E-Meter Essentials under heading Meter Oddities:

"In South Africa a Bantu's withholds read not on the needle alone but on the Tone Arm as well. The Tone Arm goes up as much as two divisions (3 to 5) just before you get off a bad withhold on one."

10. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly Patron

What do you get for 1st degree murder in the state where Rex is being prosecuted?

If on the off chance it is the death penalty, then wouldn't he just agree to 1st degree murder so the State could finish off the job that he bungled. Would not this be the greatest good from his point of view?

11. RebtGenius

RebtGenius Patron with Honors

Greetings,

Here is a link from Wikipedia on capital punishment in Colorado:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Colorado

It appears the death penalty is rare in Colorado, but still an option that the jury can decide. There was only one execution since 1977 and the method is by lethal injection. One relevant consideration is the legal ramifications of Fowler's mental status. If he's found guilty (and he certainly is descriptively guilty based on the evidence and his own lawyer arguing for 2nd degree murder) it's possible that his self-inflicted wounds would make a jury more sympathetic to life in prison.

In my opinion, he would suffer a much more cruel fate by being held in prison for the rest of his life. But who knows, maybe he could disseminate in prison and be a proactive force on behalf of Criminon and Narconon? :duh:

Jeffrey

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  12. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Colorado has the death penalty, if there was at least one aggravating factor:

Colorado Aggravating Factors For Capital Punishment

(1)The murder was especially heinous, atrocious, cruel, or depraved (or involved torture)
    (2) The defendant knowingly created a grave risk of death for one or more persons in addition to the victim of the offense
    (3) The defendant killed the victim while lying in wait
    (4) The murder was committed for pecuniary gain or pursuant to an agreement that the defendant would receive something of value
    (5)The defendant caused or directed another to commit murder, or the defendant procured the commission of the offense by payment, promise of payment, or anything of pecuniary value
    (6) The murder was committed to avoid or prevent arrest, to effect an escape, or to conceal the commission of a crime
    (7) The defendant has been convicted of, or committed, a prior murder, a felony involving violence, or other serious felony
    ( The capital offense was committed by a person who is incarcerated, has escaped, is on probation, is in jail, or is under a sentence of imprisonment
    (9) The victim was a government employee, including peace officers, police officers, federal agents, firefighters, judges, jurors, defense attorneys, and prosecutors, in the course of his or her duties
    (10) The victim was an elected or appointed official or former official of the federal government, or local or state government, and the killing intentionally prevented the victim’s official duties
    (11)The murder was committed against a person held as a shield, as a hostage, or for ransom
    (12)The defendant used chemical, biological, or radiological weapons and/or the person intentionally killed more than one person in one criminal episode
    (13)The victim was a pregnant woman and the defendant intentionally killed the victim, knowing she was pregnant
    (14)The defendant committed treason
    (15)The defendant’s possession of the weapon used to commit the class 1 felony constituted a felony offense under the laws of the state
    (16)The defendant intentionally killed more than one person in more than one criminal episode
    (17)The defendant committed the class 1 felony against the victim because of the victim’s race, color, ancestry, religion or national origin

I think given the fact of a botched suicide, life without parole (or an emeter)
    would be appropriate.

13. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

But it has to be done the right way or you end up like Fowler, scrambled brains not dead.

14. Kathy (ImOut)

When was the CofS ever wise?

15. Kathy (ImOut)

Not in California. This is why I say, if you live in California and your home is invaded (burglars), offer them cookies and milk and offer to help them. Because if you try to defend yourself or your property, you are likely to end up in jail if you kill or injure the criminal.

Now in TX, we have the Castle Law, which means we can protect our home, our vehicle and our place of work. And the Dallas Police are currently on a mission to get more citizens involved with protecting themselves.

16. Kathy (ImOut)

From the information we've been given in the newspapers, I'd say he qualifies for the death penalty on at least 3 of the above. And I'm wondering if #15 applies. I don't know the laws in Colorado about gun ownership.

17. Tom of Helatrobus

Tom of Helatrobus Patron Meritorious

To be honest, I think the law in Colorado goes just a bit overboard. By the above law you can shoot an unarmed person carrying a television out of your house (provided they broke in). You would then be immune to any criminal or civil charges. Contrary to popular belief, they can not sue you if they survive.

18. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

17 years from now it will be discovered that an SP 1.1 editor and his PTS proof reading pal, left out a crucial footnote in Science of Survival and added a coma in the wrong place.

This resulted in OTVII's commiting crimes as the solution to their problems.

However this has all been corrected in the new and improved basics found to be pristine clean LRH pure sweet data.

19. Tom of Helatrobus

Tom of Helatrobus Patron Meritorious

In Adams County in Colorado, you can holster a gun and carry it around with you on the street, so long as it is not concealed (you need a permit to conceal it). I had a (crazy) friend who did just that for a while with a 9mm Glock. Oddly enough he had it loaded with snap caps although it was legal for carry a full clip of hollow points with one in the chamber.

I told him it was reluctant you be seen with him when we were going out because of the gun. Eventually he stopped carrying it because it got too awkward getting looks from people on the street. Also, I guess, it is a big chunk of metal to carry around. Once in Kmart, some one called the police on him. The management didn´t want guns in the story but didn´t post any signs to that effect (I guess they thought it was obvious).

Also in Adams County, as long as you are not insane or a convicted felon, you can buy, sell, carry any gun you like.

20. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

The law varies from state to state in the US. A growing number of states have passed "Castle Doctrine" laws, which create the presumption that any intruder forcibly entering your home can be assumed to intend great harm to the residents, and may be stopped with deadly force. In such a case, the prosecutor has the burden of proving that it was NOT self-defense. And neither the criminal nor criminal's family may sue for injuries or death inflicted on the criminal.

Go visit the "Shoot out at the ESMB Corral" thread in "Off topics" for the running discussion.