What's new

Roslyn Cohn’s one-woman show skewering Scientology! — complete! Tony O reports

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From what I heard the CoS's TV ad a couple nights ago was pretty weak and limited in the regions it aired.

But Roslyn Cohn was in a Superbowl commercial for Tide, and its a national commercial. :yes:

[video=youtube;xT85CFxs-lM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT85CFxs-lM[/video]

RozCohn

Aw, thanks so much Tony! I'm going to share this story w/all as it's proof one does flourish outside of this destructive Cult. xoxo, Roz

Get a call Friday night, Jan. 13th, from my agency. "Did you audition for a detergent ad?" Me, "No." Them, "Well, you booked one, your fitting is tomorrow and you're on hold for these dates." Go to the fitting, clueless and ask Amy (Amy Tolsky, another actress in the van) - whom I've never met, "Is this for the Internet?" Amy, "No, it's a National Commercial!" I say to the costume designer, "Sorry to sound so dumb but I didn't audition and I have no clue. When do we shoot?" Designer, "Tomorrow!" No clue what the product was or anything. Get to the shoot and 1/2 way through the day we're finally given the script where we see it stars Terry Bradshaw and Jeffrey Tambor!!! That's when we learned, "OMG! This is a Super Bowl spot!!" We were on an NDA so not been able to share/post/talk about it. Lucky me, I was the only one who didn't audition and found out after we shot that I was requested. How do you like them apples? The best part is that when I was in my 20s I took a commercial class from a huge casting director who took one look at me and said, "You'll never make commercials." Never say Never!!!

Don't you love that there are two ex-scions in this spot?!!

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Aw, thanks so much Tony! I'm going to share this story w/all as it's proof one does flourish outside of this destructive Cult. xoxo, Roz

Get a call Friday night, Jan. 13th, from my agency. "Did you audition for a detergent ad?" Me, "No." Them, "Well, you booked one, your fitting is tomorrow and you're on hold for these dates." Go to the fitting, clueless and ask Amy (Amy Tolsky, another actress in the van) - whom I've never met, "Is this for the Internet?" Amy, "No, it's a National Commercial!" I say to the costume designer, "Sorry to sound so dumb but I didn't audition and I have no clue. When do we shoot?" Designer, "Tomorrow!" No clue what the product was or anything. Get to the shoot and 1/2 way through the day we're finally given the script where we see it stars Terry Bradshaw and Jeffrey Tambor!!! That's when we learned, "OMG! This is a Super Bowl spot!!" We were on an NDA so not been able to share/post/talk about it. Lucky me, I was the only one who didn't audition and found out after we shot that I was requested. How do you like them apples? The best part is that when I was in my 20s I took a commercial class from a huge casting director who took one look at me and said, "You'll never make commercials." Never say Never!!!

What a great story! I wonder if Terry Bradshaw and Jeffrey Tambor requested you?

JustSheila

Crusader

:welcome2: to ESMB, Roz!

What a pleasure to have you here! :bighug:

Congrats on your Superbowl commercial spot and thank you SO much for everything you do to expose the cult of scientology!

RozCohn

Roslyn, did you invite Jeffrey Tambor to see your show, does he know you're an ex-scion?

I have a feeling Jeffrey knows of me since most likely he's read some of Tony's blogs and the show was ground-breaking - not meaning to blow my own horn. I don't think it was him who requested me. Think the ad people wanted someone different than the men they'd called back and decided to go w/all women (the other 3 women went through callbacks and had to sign 2 NDAs) and most likely contacted the casting director asking for quirky funny with hard credits. Maybe they suggested 10 ladies and they looked at my stuff and went w/me. But I did have an audition for "Transparent" a few days later - but there my agent submitted me w/in the notes section "Beverly Hills Playhouse" as Jeffrey used to study/teach there. We have a lot of people in common but never have met. I'd love to work with him. He's awesome and sweet!!!! xo