Russia: Customs blocking entry of banned Hubbard books

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Reports from Newspapers, Blogs, and ' started by mnql1, May 31, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. mnql1

mnql1 Patron Meritorious

Unofficial translation of a Russian article posted on May 31, 2012 on the website of the Northwest Customs Directorate of the Russian Federation:
    http://sztu.customs.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16743:2012-05-31-09-50-05&catid=165:2010-12-23-09-12-04&Itemid=83
    Below: Screen capture of the Russian article on the website of the Northwest Customs Directorate. The photo in the article shows a customs agent holding one of the prohibited Hubbard books, What is Scientology?

[​IMG]

2. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

The Sea Org can compete with uniforms like that. Go away Scientology and be quiet.

3. mnql1

mnql1 Patron Meritorious

Here is a subtitled video report regarding the press release in the OP:

Scientology books banned in Russia intercepted by customs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8KPAXCESXI

Source: http://topspb.tv/news/news8427/

Transcript:
    topspb.tv
    May 31, 2012

Reporter:
    Saint Petersburg customs agents showed reporters prohibited books, dozens of publications that are classified as extremist in Russia and were found in the mail. Russian-language publications of the international cult of Scientologists were sent in boxes to St. Petersburg. Moreover, these are gifts that he recipients did not solicit.

Ekaterina Zvereva, Chief Customs Inspector, Department of Customs Inspections, Vasileostrovskiy Customs Station, St. Petersburg:
    It frightens me as a mother, as a citizen, that the target of this mail is institutions for children throughout the northwest region in large quantities.

Reporter:
    Customs officials determined that the prohibited books are distributed by a Danish publisher. Criminal charges have already been filed against the company's Russian branch. The investigation is continuing. In accordance with the law, all of the extremist books will be returned to the sender.

4. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

5. Reasonable

Reasonable Silver Meritorious Patron

The Russians are using LRH tech..censorship. How is that for irony?

As much as I hate Scientology I hate censorship even more.

6. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Ban scientology. Ban the books and tapes. Lock the scientologists up in jail.
    THEN have the angst ridden discussion about censorship.

Or do it the USA way.....let them worm their way into influence with politicans and celebs, get into schools...etc....like a virus....and never ever get to the point of saying "enough"

7. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Oh FFS, its not like peoples ordering the crap from Amazon, its a cult blorking the crap into the country, and it is not like people there, should they so choose, can't get it all on the internet anyhow. They are looking after the general mental health by heading this shit off at the pass, and good on them, I hope more countries do exactly this.
    This material was destined for the hands of shyters and shills to be passed on (at unreasonable expense no doubt), to a new bunch of suckers, its frikken worse than heroin imho.
    Fuck you cult of LRon, and fuck you OSA too (and the little rotten scam ya rode in on).
    Grrrrrrrrrrrr:angry::angry:

:inb/4butwhatifitwuzbibles/korancrap:

8. mnql1

mnql1 Patron Meritorious

Seven Scientology items presently appear in Russia's online list of extremist materials:

1170. Course materials by L. Ron Hubbard: "Lectures for the PTS/SP Course" consisting of nine audio cassettes and one book (decision of the Shchyolkovo city court, Moscow region, June 29, 2011 and apellate determination by the civil cases chamber of the Moscow regional court, March 20, 2012);

1171. Book "What Is Scientology?" (decision of the Shchyolkovo city court, Moscow region, June 29, 2011 and apellate determination by the civil cases chamber of the Moscow regional court, March 20, 2012);

1172. Book "Scientology Ideal Organizations. Basic hat for a member of the Advisory Council/Executive Council."* (decision of the Shchyolkovo city court, Moscow region, June 29, 2011 and apellate determination by the civil cases chamber of the Moscow regional court, March 20, 2012);

1173. Book "Scientology Ideal Organizations. What is an organization?"* (decision of the Shchyolkovo city court, Moscow region, June 29, 2011 and apellate determination by the civil cases chamber of the Moscow regional court, March 20, 2012);

1174. Book "Executive Status 1" (decision of the Shchyolkovo city court, Moscow region, June 29, 2011 and apellate determination by the civil cases chamber of the Moscow regional court, March 20, 2012);

1175. Book "Organization Executive Course, Vol. 0" (decision of the Shchyolkovo city court, Moscow region, June 29, 2011 and apellate determination by the civil cases chamber of the Moscow regional court, March 20, 2012);

1176. Book "Management Series, Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3" (decision of the Shchyolkovo city court, Moscow region, June 29, 2011 and apellate determination by the civil cases chamber of the Moscow regional court, March 20, 2012);

*Titles 1172 and 1173 are informal translations.

9. Reasonable

Censorship is Scientology
    “The ends justifies the means” is Scientology

Using Scientology to bring down Scientology
    Makes you a Scientologist.

10. Reasonable

• I will make my own mistakes I don’t need mother Russia to protect me.

• Cults tell people what they can read think or do. (all for their own safety)

• People who need Russia, Germany or any other government to protect them by telling them what they can read, think or do are all ready in a cult.

11. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Ban the anti-semitists. Ban the neo-nazis, ban all their books. And deal with the anti human group, Scientology the same way.

12. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

"Ban scientology (substitute the word "Jews"). Ban the books and tapes. Lock the scientologists (without individual trials for specific individuals and specific crimes) up in jail.
    THEN have the angst ridden discussion about censorship. (Adolph Hitler)

Or do it the USA way.....let them (The Jews) worm their way into influence with politicans and celebs, get into schools...etc....like a virus....and never ever get to the point of saying "enough"

Your points don't hold water, and as a Jew, I'd like you to leave us and our history out of it. Judaism has nothing in common with Scientology.

13. Reasonable

How exactly don’t my points hold water?

You simply say they “don’t hold water” but you do not give any back up to your statements?

How do you know I am not a Jew? Maybe I am?

But I am not saying if I am a Jew or not because my being a Jew or not has no bearing on my being able to speak about Jews. In fact anyone is allowed to speak about anything. That is freedom of speech. Freedom of ideas. Freedom of the press. And I am sorry if it offends you but that is the basis of a free society.

Censorship is the opposite of freedom. A person not being allowed to talk about a subject because he isn’t in that group is also ridiculous, suppressive and offensive to me. Besides that, Jews aren’t even my point. My point is about censorship and allowing individuals to decide things for themselves rather than the government deciding for them.

Censorship is the beginning of a police state.

The next question on this slippery slope is “Who gets to decide what to censor?” The Government? The government has killed more people and started more wars and caused much more harm in the name of freedom and world peace than Scientology ever can.

The government has its own agenda, another command intention. I do not want the government telling me what I can read. Maybe they got lucky with picking Scientology as a target (even a broken watch is right twice a day), but maybe they decide next to pick on the Jews again. Yes The Jews-- I said it again!

What happens when the government decides what you can and cannot post on the internet?

What happens when the government decides to take away your liberties in the name of “national security”…Oh sorry they all ready did that.

To me it seems that when you were in Scientology you gave your power utterly to Hubbard and with censorship you gave it over to the government.

This turning over your power, your free will your ability to make your own judgments and the ability to make your own mistakes is what Scientology is all about.

Two wrongs don’t make a right, applying Scientology tech to Scientology does not negate Scientology but rather it enforces the very principles of Scientology.

My point is that while Scientology has a lot of wrong in it, allowing the government to censor things has much larger destructive implications.

When you teach someone that censorship is OK the next thing they may censor is you.

14. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Your substitution of Jew for Scientologist is ridiculous - the parallel, doesn't work. Judaism is not a criminal business that seeks to enslave people and take over the world, and your "Or do it the USA way.....let them (The Jews) worm their way into influence with politicans and celebs, get into schools...etc....like a virus....and never ever get to the point of saying "enough" Is irrelevant to your point and makes you sound like a jew-hater, which you might or might not be. I don't believe for one minute that you are a Jew, so you don't need to address that.

But really, I can't be bothered to have this conversation with you.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  15. Reasonable

I think my last reply was enough.

How anyone can think that my writing sounds like I am a Jew-Hater is ridiculous.

I wrote several paragraphs about censorship freedom of speech and freedom thought. You act as if I wrote a dissertation on the evils of Jews.

How about if we substitute the word “bananas” for “Jews.” Then could you get the concept of what I am saying?

I am talking about censorship and you are talking about Jews.