Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, CA.

Discussion in 'North America' started by CarmeloOrchards, Mar 6, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. CarmeloOrchards

CarmeloOrchards Crusader

anybody from any of these centers from the 60s or 70s?

I was at all of them.

I gave Clay Primrose a job after the Finance Nazis took the Santa Clara center around 81.

Jack Dirhman, later in cohoots with Reed Slatkin was HQS sup at Santa Clara in the early 70 period.

Sarge Gerbode started TIRA, which I've heard Otto Roos practices.

Laurie Noonan married Michael Douglas (now deceased), the married some other guy. She's at Flag and a lifer. exec, I think.

Al Ribisi is still in, one of his kids is SO, the other two are actors.

Joey is still in. He and Cathy are split. Their kid is SO.

John Beck is still in, works in Los Gatos (the city)

Last time I saw Malcolm Chemenais, he was working for an ice cream distributor in Fremont

Is Dolores Stokes still alive?

Skip and Sue Hopgood are still married and in.

Rick and Sharon are still in.

Alan Albert left scientology and committed suicide. Jerrye stayed in, so did Roy, Peter, and Jo.

John and Sue moved to the desert. Sue does real estate. John has recovered from his stroke.

Lew and Martha are on Whidbey (spelling?) Island living happily ever after, traveling, Cato Institute, e Trade, etc.

Bob and Carol moved to LA. He joined OSA.

Rozamond was tore up over William F. Buckley, Jr.'s passing

David and Lorraine moved to Utah

Pam's son, Skip found out who his daddy is.

Kingsley is a business consultant in Pleasanton.

Phil's faux masterpieces sell for thousands. He painted a "Van Gogh" Irises for a museum that had lost the real one, when its owner died.

Boonie is living in Atherton. Blake got married several years ago.

2. pomfritz

pomfritz Patron with Honors

Stevens Creek in the late 70's/early 80's. Knew some LG folks and was on lines there in the 90's.

What's Clay up to now? I recall he had a psych degree from Stanford before Scn.

Eli Primrose was at IBM some years back. She arranged some kick ass Friday graduation speakers. Packed the house, without a single phone call to come in. Do you what happened to their daughter Asher?

Coralie still together with Kingsley? She was my Comm Course supe and had a most interesting exteriorization doing OTRO with her.

Any idea what happened to his brother Bernie and wife Bev? I would imagine his mom Eileen is no longer among us.

Do you know what ever happened to the Fumentos or the Cashions?

Sorry to hear about Albert. Didn't know him too well and the whole family just struck me as a bit odd.

Joey Allesendrini was declared, but he did A-E, I beleive. His brother Norm also declared, not sure if he's back on lines. I knew the son that joined the SO (Damon?) and saw him there when I was in too.

What's the latest with the Feshbach's? A couple of the brothers are still in the Bay Area, right?

Get Jim & Chrissy Struges out of Scn, such a great couple of people, just devoting everything they got and getting nothing back in return.

Maybe we know each other, how familiar are you with the Div4 staff at SNC when the Finance Nazi's came knocking?

3. CarmeloOrchards

CarmeloOrchards Crusader

Joey lost his marriage, his center, his money, and his reputation, and still, he remains in.

The Feshbacks live in Los Altos Hills, at least Kurt and Matt, last time I looked.

I was a friend of Eli, Clay and Rick Melrose. (still am)

I didn't especially know anybody outside my small circle.

I sat next to Doug Newman, on the shsbc at ASHO in 75-76

Bernie Wimbush moved back to Australia and is happy and busy.

I think Kingsley and Coralie are still together.

Clay was wa working for Hal Puthoff in Austin

4. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

I was told that some staff from the former Riverside Mission became involved with Sarge. Did you know any of them?

5. CarmeloOrchards

CarmeloOrchards Crusader

former Palo Alto AAC

Sarge's wife Marsha, is from somewhere in the southern part of the state, but I don' t remember where. Other than that I don't know anyone specifically fom Riverside. I can ask Sarge if you want to drop me a line.

6. gomorrhan

gomorrhan Gold Meritorious Patron

Sarge is not in hiding, he lectures from time to time. He's a joy to talk to, and is alive and well, living in Sonoma, CA.

7. roxy

roxy New Member

I did the comm course in palo alto, and alan was the sup. I joined the so in 71 when the bolivar came to town. Was on course at the org prior to that. Not being staff I didn't really know who was who- I remember these guys tho-Larry Spencer was the fbo, Elaine Lansky was a reg, Susan acad sup. Eddie was a sup in the acad too. Robbie Schlotthauer a sup. Anyone else remember who was there?

8. CarmeloOrchards

CarmeloOrchards Crusader

I remember the Bolivar. They parked it at a pier just past Fisherman's Grotto #9, at Fisherman's Wharf. I remember sailing on it out to the Farallones. I sat in the crows nest, and on some troughs I'd be looking straight down to the ocean. It was mighty fun.

Are you talking about the Palo Alto center on Waverly or the one at Hamilton and Middlefield? Is Alan, Alan Albert? 40 year old slightly overweight Jewish guy with 2 masters degrees (one in physics, the other in electrical engineering), used to work at Philco on Fabian Dr. in Palo Alto? His wife was Jerrye. They had JoJo, Roy, and Peter for kids. JoJo was about thirteen, played classical piano, and joined the SO also... audited HSDC dianetics on the Apollo.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  9. roxy

roxy New Member

Yes, it was Alan Alberts. I don't recall the street but I could drive to it. I think it was on Waverly. (?) It was right off El Camino. I wasn't aware he had two locations. I know he drove over from Los Gatos to deliver the comm course, and thot he just did one stint. He was a good guy.

10. CarmeloOrchards

CarmeloOrchards Crusader

What year was that?

The Palo Alto center was on Waverly in an old house up to about 1970. Then it moved to Hamilton and Middlefield.

Alan was my business partner in the early 70s for awhile.

In the 60s he lived off Churchill right off El Camino, near Pali High School. That sounds like what you were talking about.

On the other hand, he lived in Los Gatos from about 1973 on.

He died of suicide in the 80s. He had left the Co$ and his wife divorced him over that. They had been partners forever. -- a tragic waste of a good person.

11. VI of Hearts

VI of Hearts Patron

On your first post you mentioned Jack Dirhman. I worked for him briefly when he headed Senior HCO at the FLB in the early 80s when I left the SO. Many years later (2002) I next ran into him when he presided over a wedding at CC Int here in Hollywood. He still had a commanding presence and seemed to have weathered the years well. But haven't seen him since then.

12. CarmeloOrchards

CarmeloOrchards Crusader

Jack, myself, and a dozen more of us went to Altamont (whenever that was) the night before the show. We followed Keith Richards and got behind the lines (holding the crowds back), got great seating near the stage, and spent the day with a hundred thousand of our closest personal friends. I might add, very close, and pushing. :)

He was very personally involved in trying to contain the damage in regard to Reed Slatkin and the missing $600 M. At least he didn't have to leave the country to avoid incarceration.

13. justsayin'

justsayin' Patron with Honors

yep, i was there. in from the late 60's and out in '76 or so. i don't think we knew each other but certainly must have passed in the halls. i knew leube too. anyway, thank you for the great laugh i just had. was reading a thread where somebody misunderstood your arlo guthrie quote. that was the best laugh i've had in days! so, does anybody know... how in the heck do i get off the darn mailing list? i can't believe they are still sending me mail and calling me thirty plus years later. surely somebody i know narked me out. they just never give up.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  14. CarmeloOrchards

CarmeloOrchards Crusader

tell them you died, and keep telling them for six months. It worked for us.

15. justsayin'

justsayin' Patron with Honors

oh that's funny. i actually haven't gotten a call in the last two weeks or so. i never answer anyway, just goes to the machine. and when i'm home i'm on dial-up so they can't call. but all this darn mail drives me nuts. i wish they would save the postage and just mail me a check weekly. after about 20 years i would consider it repayment for past pain and suffering.