Scientology expresses concern re Implementation of the Deaths in Custody Act (DICRA)

Discussion in 'Scientology Infiltrates Society' started by CommunicatorIC, Oct 6, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Scientology expresses concern regarding Implementation of the Deaths in Custody Reporting Act (DICRA).

Again, this is not about the substantive issue. This is about the Church of Scientology building relationships (including but certainly not limited to with the Nation of Islam), creating alliances, and establishing its bona fides as an organization concerned about civil rights.

I'll say again what I said before. Do you think any of the signatories to this (and previous) civil rights letters will refuse the Church of Scientology if the Church of Scientology asks for support concerning its religious status in Russia, Kazakhstan, etc.?

ACLU: https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/field_document/dicra_coalition_comments.pdf

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Sincerely,

[SNIP]

Church of Scientology National Affairs Office

[SNIP]

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

2. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Re: Scientology expresses concern re Implementation of the Deaths in Custody Act (DIC

Thanks for posting and bringing this to our attention.

Nothing would surprise me if the cult were able to gather other religions to help on this.

They have done things like that in the past regarding Germany.. and here in US, IIRC. Does anyone remember the Garcia lawsuit matter, where the church attorneys got all those churches to agree in an affidavit of some sort, backing their position to not force Scientology to settle the matter in court, but to use church policies to resolve? I can't recall where Tony Ortega wrote about this and the name of the court document but I do remember being surprised at the support they garnered.

I need to read it thoroughly again and get a full grasp of what they are trying to do here... the cult National Affairs Office is forever trying to infiltrate and collect allies

3. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Re: Scientology expresses concern re Implementation of the Deaths in Custody Act (DIC

You're welcome. :)

FWIW, I've posted a number of threads on the basic theme of the Church of Scientology National Affairs Office signing on to various civil rights oriented letters to Congress, the Department of Justice, etc. along with a lot of legitimate churches and civil rights groups. I think most, but perhaps not all, of the posts are in the "Scientology Infiltrates Society" forum. I think the Church of Scientology National Affairs Office has been quite effective in this particular area.