Scientology scrambles to keep Miscavige out of forced-abortion trial

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by RSS Feed, Jul 13, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Scientology scrambles to keep Miscavige out of forced-abortion trial

[Laura D and her attorney, John Blumberg]

One month from today, Laura DeCrescenzo is finally scheduled to get the trial against Scientology that she first asked for more than eight years ago — and the church is scrambling to keep leader David Miscavige out of it.

Today, the court will hear a request by the [...]

[​IMG][Laura D and her attorney,[.......]

Continue reading...

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  2. Out Ethics

Out Ethics Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer

This is painful to even watch.

All of the judges in this country need to get fired for allowing these cases to go on for so long.

What is happening with the Luis Garcia Case?

I have lost all faith in our justice system.....it is such a sham.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

By intimidating exes with indoctrination and unenforceable waivers Scientology has provided cause for extending the window of statute of limitations because exes are still under undue influence. This would be a profound precedent to establish by this case.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Please excuse what may seem a naive question but I was never on staff, let alone the Sea Org; why is the Church so determined to keep Miscavige away from the witness box? Are they afraid that he could be asked about matters other than the forced abortion case and about which the CofS would rather maintain its silence, or is it that they think he could make a poor witness? Or (and this would be my guess) it's a simple matter of what Miscavige wants, he gets and he flat out doesn't want to do it?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  5. TheOriginalBigBlue

Wow, let me count the ways.

First, really bad optics for the most ethical being on the planet.

Unpredictable fallout. Look at all the random stuff that came out of the 1977 FBI raid. They found the doc on setting up Paulette Cooper on a fake bombing threat, etc. Maybe this is the thing that indirectly answers the question, "Where is Shelly?" Like, she can't even be in court with her husband? Or worse, she gets subpoenaed.

More lawyers and money.

Embarrassing stuff gets entered into court records that becomes public domain. More discovery, more depositions other people getting summoned.

Incriminating direct involvement.

Inability to scapegoat the Hill 10 and bad stuff onto somebody else or deflect it as someone else's poor representation or conduct in court.

He can't handle public appearances that aren't in highly controlled venues to present him in the best way. In other words, to everyone but Scientologists he looks bad in public, arrogant, defensive, deflective, thuggish, etc. The guy has lived most of his life in a bubble. If I were a lawyer I'd be terrified of letting him testify. His disconnect from reality would be on display for the whole world.

Something could look so bad that if it goes to a jury trial the award would be humongous.

Establishment of precedents that make it easier for other lawsuits against him personally or the organization.

Causing public awareness over issues pertaining to religious cloaking that results in Congress passing legislation that gives more protections to religious employees and negates things like their Catch-22 arbitration procedure, etc.

Making the public aware of the organization's hypocrisy on what it says about children and families vs it's actual treatment of people and forced abortions - destroying it's human rights PR image.

The biggie - exposing the true direct managerial and financial control he has over everything causing the tax exempt status to be revoked.

Edit: Let's not forget, after the 77 raids, the GO was disbanded and had to be totally reconstructed as OSA, Mary Sue and Jane Kember were disgraced. This reflected very badly on LRH, the highest levels of the organization, the policy failed, the SP technology failed, the PR technology failed, we were instructed to destroy Hubbard's signatures on everything to hide his involvement with what happened and management in general. It was very bad internally. We read the newspaper and magazine articles about the raid. We may have been true believers but that didn't mean we weren't aware that the rest of the world perceived us as pariahs. I for one became very couched about my involvement in Scientology after that. This has the potential to be very much like that.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

He was deposed back in 1990 and said some hilariously stupid things.

He probably would prefer going through a wall of fire than being put back in that position.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • List
  7. TheOriginalBigBlue

Yessiree there son, ahd rathuh faht a gaggle uh dem der maginery wahld BTs n bee deeposed agin!

8. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

9. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

Another reason:

If he has to testify, then it will be known where he is going to be and when he is going to be there. A flurry of process servers would show up to throw shit on his fan!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Koot

Koot Patron with Honors

http://annavonreitz.com/briefreportenglish.pdf

11. Out Ethics

It is not a naive question.

You have to understand though...

Scientology IS David Miscavige

David Miscavige IS Scientology

There are no differences between the two

David Miscavige runs the cult and benefits from all the extorted and criminal laundered money that comes into the cult.

He does it for the money and the power.

He is certifiably crazy. A socio path. A psychopath. A murderer and a criminal con.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • List
  12. Koot

Koot Patron with Honors

DM would like to think he is Scn. but he is as far from Scn. as can be possible IMHO

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Poop Poop x 1
    • Tinfoil Tinfoil x 1
    • List
  13. Out Ethics

Keep going down that rabbit hole.

The truth will set you free.

Hubbard was Scientology.

Hubbard spent the last 15 years of his life in hiding - wearing disguises.

Hubbard was a criminal con man - a charlaton of the worst kind.

The law was after him for actual crimes.

He was crazy - battling his Bee Tees.

He tried to kill himself. He was unsuccessful.

I think - Miscavige helped him....end cycle.

Now - Miscavige is Scientology.

His ending won't be pretty either.

It is all smoke and mirrors.

Scientology is a horrible hoax and a scam.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  14. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

I think that if you're still pushing scientology you have pretty much given up your humble opinion. That's my opinion but I sure as hell am not going to try to foist it off as humble.

• Like Like x 3
    • LOL LOL x 2
    • List
  15. TheOriginalBigBlue

Hubbard's favorite con was Scientology. Miscavige's favorite con is IAS donations and Ideal Orgs. We may not want to give credit to Miscavige for the success of his con but based on the amount of money he squeezed out of people by any con standard he has been very successful and I think Hubbard would be impressed. The only problem is he finalized the destruction of Scientology and Hubbard's legacy in the process except Hubbard himself had already planted the seeds of Scientology's destruction and letting Miscavige take over was the single most self destructive thing he did. Scientologists are all about responsibility so how is Hubbard putting Miscavige in charge not Command Intention? And isn't Command Intention Scientology? Like any con LRH only needed it to last until he died and so it is with Miscavige.

Apologists try to make a distinction between Miscavige and Hubbard and some self serving notion of pure Scientology but it was Hubbard and that pure Scientology that created Miscavige. Hubbard created the SEF (Safe Environment Fund) precedent as a separate donation based war chest to fund the legal fallout from Snow White and the FBI raids in May 1980, long before Miscavige rose to power or the creation of the IAS in 1984, two years before Hubbard's death. Hubbard used Miscavige as his point man for the 1982 Mission Holder's Conference and the establishment of the IAS, for real estate acquisition and renovation projects. It's only natural that this would become his strong suit. Miscavige was Hubbard's In-Charge for the "All Clear Unit" to make it safe to come out of hiding. Source gets to be Source when it serves the idealistic sensibilities of Indies but not when they want to make a distinction between Hubbard and Miscavige? Miscavige epitomizes Scientology. He is Hubbard's finest work. To disparage him, the IAS and Ideal Orgs is to demean Hubbard himself. If Hubbard was so fallible about Miscavige, his most important decision to perpetuate his legacy and preserve Scientology for eternity, then why does he get to be so infallible about everything else?

Did Hubbard not read "The Simon Bolivar" policy? If not Miscavige, who else was he flowing power to all this time. Just off the top of my head I can name at least three other Messengers in line who would have been much more humane than Miscavige and what about his own children? They are all gone for the possible exception of Diana and as far as I can tell it looks like she is more under house arrest than anything else. Some people are essentially arguing that Hubbard didn't make it go right but I'm saying to his thinking, where Miscavige is concerned, he did and that is exactly what Scientology is and was ever destined to be.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  16. TheOriginalBigBlue

Wait, LRH was OT enough to drop his body at will, go to another planet to continue his research as a disembodied thetan and then return to Teegeeack as a politician but he couldn't anticipate Miscavige, the guy who was handling ALL of his traffic from Broeker to the day he died?

So maybe this is all some kind of test of the devout to see who is worthy upon his return...or something.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • List
  17. Koot

Koot Patron with Honors

Not my thoughts on the subject.

18. Koot

Koot Patron with Honors

I can have that.

19. Koot

Koot Patron with Honors

20. Koot

Koot Patron with Honors

BLA BLA BLA Hubbard bad, Hubbard bad, Hubbard bad!!!!