What's new

Scientology Special Unit Directive on legal matters

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
From a posting I did on WWP that I thought I should share here:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-...y-special-unit-directive-legal-matters-71182/

While this document has been posted before I post it here to point out a couple of interesting things:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/36579546/Spec-Unit-ED-Ok-by-Spec-Pjt

This is a Special Unit Executive Directive written in August 1982 commending various units of the then recently taken over Guardian's Office for many legal "wins". (We had not yet completely changed the name from "Guardian's Office" to "Office of Special Affairs" by that time).

As you can see, it was written by Special Unit LE which stands for "Litigation Execution". That was Marty Rathbun. Notice that it also states that it was written for and approved by "Spct Pjt L". That is short for "Special Project Litigation" who was Norman Starkey at that time.

I am familiar with this as just prior to this I was Special Unit CE (meaning "Corporate Execution") and at the time of this Executive Directive I was Special Unit IC (In Charge).

Notice also the writing on the top left of the commendation to Rick Moxen giving him a "VWD" which means "very well done".

My 2-cents on this FWIW:

OK given the above background, here are two things interesting about this commendation:

1) In 2006 I did a posting on the private yahoo site for Ex Sea Org members that told of the real powers and controls behind organized scientology and how they were masked behind misleading corporate veils and other lies. In January 2007, I made that post public on alt.religion.scientology:

http://tinyurl.com/3b8ome

One small part of that post related to the above commendation:

What most people have no clue about really is that there really was a "secret" body of people directly run by Hubbard but were only initially
considered under CO CMO Int DeDe. The unit was referred to as an "All
Clear Unit" (to make things "all clear" for Hubbard to come out of
hiding) and DM was part of that unit. It was set up in early 81.

Miscavige got himself into a position where he took sole control of
that unit. By mid 81 Miscavige had managed to remove MarySue Hubbard
and "take over the GO". He also got the CO CMO Int replaced based on an
alleged Hubbard order.

Miscavige then made it clear that his All Clear Unit was senior to CMO
Int as he had the direct line to Pat Broeker and Hubbard.

This "All Clear Unit" by later 81 was broken down into two "groups"
both 100% controlled by Hubbard and, through his contacts with Hubbard,
DM: "Special Project" and "Special Unit". Special Project went on to
become ASI. Special Unit was the one I ended up running.

The commendation is but one tiny piece of evidence of how Special Project (by then Author Services Inc "ASI") was actually senior to and controlling Special Unit (then Church of Scientology International "CSI").

This is of special interest as in the 1990s David Miscavige repeatedly perjured himself in declarations made in different court cases including lying by saying that ASI did not control CSI nor did Miscavige while he was in ASI have anything to do with the running of organized scientology. A number of details of his perjury on this exact point and other matters are included in my free ebook: http://tinyurl.com/LHBvol1

2) The second thing of interest about this commendation relates to some of the legal actions then ongoing. Just look at part of what was listed as "wins". Most of it is organized scientology managing to use the courts to "get away" with wholesale abuse, fraud, crime and just plan wrong doings. For example "wins" include things to mask wrongs against Paulette Cooper, Julie Christofferson, Gerry Armstrong, clients of attorney Michael Flynn who were wronged, etc., etc.

These are not "wins" when it comes to justice or what is right. They are just examples of organized scientology using its money, attorneys, PIs and abusive policies to try to stop justice from occuring. And, sadly, some "EXes" to this day still consider such things as "wins".

More current examples of their using legal might to stop justice include the various human trafficking/labor cases in California which will be appealed. They also include organized scientology's hated campaigns to destroy anyone who fights them in the name of justice, even including attorneys who stand up to them like Barry Van Sickle and Ken Dandar.

In a letter I wrote to Miscavige and his attorney on April 23, 2007, parts of which I publically posted, I said to Miscavige

Mr. Drescher’s letter is nothing more than an attempt to silence me and of course the unstated force behind the threats being the legal and unscrupulous might of an abusive, criminal organization that has abused countless others in the past.

And that is all they have, the "legal and unscrupulous might of an abusive, criminal organization". But while that may work in many legal forums where they can outspend or outlast much opposition it is powerless over the vast majority of those who will just speak out the truth.

Where are they not winning with this "legal might"? Actually they are losing almost everywhere else. Look at all the truth coming out unchecked by them as they try to harass a few protestors who they may be able to frame while countless others speak out and get the truth known around the world. Look at the books out in just the past two years telling the truth and unstoppable by organized scientology: My Billion Year Contract, The Complex, Scientology Abuse at the Top, Blown for Good, Counterfeit Dreams and even my ebook about Miscavige's perjuries. And a really big one is coming next year.

The real scorecard giving the results of the effectiveness of what Anonymous, EXes, critics and others of good will are doing is in the empty or nearly empty organizations of scientology, the defections from organized scientology, the amount of people speaking out and the general public distrust and hatred of organized scientology even reflected in gallop poll.

While I believe that much more is coming their way by way of civil and criminal legal actions I say support those actions but do not rely on them. Rely instead on the truth and keep getting it out in every possible way. Public opinion will not endure what organized scientology is and does forever. Organized scientology is shrinking rapidly, truth is winning the day and all we need is more of it in order to help stop all the abuses and other injustices carried out on others by organized scientology.

Personally I think the following is a more powerful strategy than any possible legal action but that is just my opinion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6eNyBrQUKs

Anyway those are my reflections when I read again that Special Unit Executive Directive.

IMHO

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
And that is all they have, the "legal and unscrupulous might of an abusive, criminal organization". But while that may work in many legal forums where they can outspend or outlast much opposition it is powerless over the vast majority of those who will just speak out the truth.
IMHO

What you have said here is powerful and true. While I applaud the legal actions taken by those wronged, I am also quite aware of just how much excellent gain has been made by just speaking out and spreading the truth about what organized scn is really all about.

I have seen on this board quite often how some become impatient and or let down when a particular legal pursuit fails, stalls or misses it's mark; the effects created on many are almost deafening... any yet I smile and shrug. Not because I don't care but more so as I find it ironic that exes and or critics somehow place undo significance on legal battles with the cos and therefore feel 'let down' or 'at a loss' when some of these attempts fail.... when in fact these very same critics are already having the effect that they wish for upon the cos- simply by relating to others the real evils of organized scientology.

Often the osa trolls will remark that board members are ineffectual as they sit and futilely try to get something done as a 'keyboard warrior'; that's exactly what they want members to think- because THEY KNOW that their 'big bad' organizations are being trumped and wiped out by the very simple action of just putting the word out there. DM and the OSA GOONS want you to believe otherwise... they want YOU to believe that they have everlasting funds to outlast your dying words...

DON'T BUY IT. All those who put the word out are kicking the cos's ass- left, right and center. We are winning. Enjoy it. Don't get impatient. Don't expect the cos to disappear soon. Enjoy the process. You, I, WE are making history.

DM's psycho PR machine want you wear down, become frustrated, over react.

Don't buy into it.

Tell someone, anyone, everyone... everything you know about the awful, horrible atrocities that the cos commits daily in the name of 'religious freedom'.

That simple, easy, free act will keep the cos crawling along like a lepar... eventually shriveling up like a wasted corpse.

Speak out.

And enjoy it.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
This is of special interest as in the 1990s David Miscavige repeatedly perjured himself in declarations made in different court cases including lying by saying that ASI did not control CSI nor did Miscavige while he was in ASI have anything to do with the running of organized scientology. A number of details of his perjury on this exact point and other matters are included in my free ebook: http://tinyurl.com/LHBvol1

If you (the reader) can't easily access that Scribd document through their *horrible* interface, Larry's ebook is still available for free download as a normal web PDF (1.3 MB) at http://paulsrabbit.com/LHBvol1a.pdf.

Paul

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
What you have said here is powerful and true. While I applaud the legal actions taken by those wronged, I am also quite aware of just how much excellent gain has been made by just speaking out and spreading the truth about what organized scn is really all about.

I have seen on this board quite often how some become impatient and or let down when a particular legal pursuit fails, stalls or misses it's mark; the effects created on many are almost deafening... any yet I smile and shrug. Not because I don't care but more so as I find it ironic that exes and or critics somehow place undo significance on legal battles with the cos and therefore feel 'let down' or 'at a loss' when some of these attempts fail.... when in fact these very same critics are already having the effect that they wish for upon the cos- simply by relating to others the real evils of organized scientology.

Often the osa trolls will remark that board members are ineffectual as they sit and futilely try to get something done as a 'keyboard warrior'; that's exactly what they want members to think- because THEY KNOW that their 'big bad' organizations are being trumped and wiped out by the very simple action of just putting the word out there. DM and the OSA GOONS want you to believe otherwise... they want YOU to believe that they have everlasting funds to outlast your dying words...

DON'T BUY IT. All those who put the word out are kicking the cos's ass- left, right and center. We are winning. Enjoy it. Don't get impatient. Don't expect the cos to disappear soon. Enjoy the process. You, I, WE are making history.

DM's psycho PR machine want you wear down, become frustrated, over react.

Don't buy into it.

Tell someone, anyone, everyone... everything you know about the awful, horrible atrocities that the cos commits daily in the name of 'religious freedom'.

That simple, easy, free act will keep the cos crawling along like a lepar... eventually shriveling up like a wasted corpse.

Speak out.

And enjoy it.

^^^^^^
This! :thumbsup:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
My own personal opinion is that it is quiet forceful, informed people like Larry who are continuing to lay the bricks that will build the walls of DM's prison. Couple that with people speaking out, making observations, protesting and pointing the finger and we can, at least, make it unsafe for Scientology to practice it's thuggery. And at best, we can force it to change or become extinct.