What's new

Scientology's biggest donor in Ticino, Switzerland: Marco Chiancianesi

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
Translation of an Italian article posted on October 24, 2013 on the website of the Ticino, Switzerland daily 20 Minuti:
Parla Chiancianesi: "Io, ricco grazie a Scientology"
Marco Chiancianesi: "I am rich thanks to Scientology"

A Lugano entrepreneur in the "Hollywood cult" with Tom Cruise and John Travolta. Scientology's biggest donor in Ticino speaks.

LUGANO - In Hollywood, everyone knows, success rhymes with Scientology, and the Olympus of the top 100 "Scientology VIPs" includes names like Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and Will Smith. But there is also one from Lugano: Marco Chiancianesi, also known by the nickname Chiancia. Born in 1959, he is a well-known real estate developer whose offices (Chiancianesi & Longoni) are located in the Pregassona area, and his heart is divided between MotoGP motorcycle racing and the books of L. Ron Hubbard. He is Scientology's largest donor in the canton of Ticino, where Scientology "still faces a lot of resistance because of mistrust. People fear what they don't know," he explains. "This is why it's wrong to hide." And he has decided not to hide.

Who is Chiancianesi? A former designer, a rock guitarist (he went on a European charity tour after the Haiti earthquake), a professional motorcycle racer, son of a Tuscan bricklayer, he is one of the movers and shakers in real estate development in Ticino. "I try to fulfill all of my human potential," he says. "This is also what Scientology is all about." And Scientology is also what Chiancianesi is all about. "Each person does what he can. My success at work wouldn't have been possible without Scientology."

Success indeed. Whether it's the Villa Branca residence in Melide or Bimota, the historic Italian motorcycle trademark acquired last month by Chiancianesi & Longoni, for Chiancia, there is only one secret: "Applying Scientology's ethical science and business philosophy to enterprise management," explains the 54-year-old. "When I joined the Church, in the 90s, I had no money. I was a nobody. Look at what I am now." For example, Chiancia recently donated over a million Swiss francs (more than a million US dollars) for Scientology's humanitarian initiatives around the world, earning him a place among the church's most generous donors (John Travolta donated the same amount).

In a word, Chiancia doesn't hold back when he's passionate about something. And he spares no expense. "Being part of Scientology has a price, like anything else," he says, "Personally, between courses, books, and everything else, I still spent less than for my lawyer or for my Ferrari." Excluding donations, of course. "But these are choices that are entirely voluntary."

The key to success? "Scientology offers manuals for businesses, business consultancy services, courses for employees, and technical but also ethical instruction that I've always applied in my company."

To those who accuse Scientology of being a money-hungry cult, Chiancianesi responds: "Our church doesn't benefit from Switzerland's church tax, as the Vatican does, so it has to support itself alone and from the contributions of its members. But as far as I'm concerned, thanks to its teachings, it has made me gain far more than what I spent." If so, good for Chiancianesi.
The print version of this article is different. Translation of an Italian article published on October 24, 2013 in the Ticino, Switzerland daily 20 Minuti (snapshot below):
Mr. Bimota: "I am rich thanks to Scientology"

LUGANO. A Ticino entrepreneur in the "Hollywood cult" with Tom Cruise and John Travolta. Marco Chiancianesi reveals the secrets of his success from the building industry to motorcycle racing.

In Hollywood, success rhymes with Scientology, and the Olympus of the top 100 "Scientology VIPs" includes names like Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and Will Smith. But there is also one from Ticino: Marco Chiancianesi, also known by the nickname Chiancia. Born in 1959, he is a real estate developer whose offices (Chiancianesi & Longoni) are located in the Pregassona area, and he has a passion for MotoGP motorcycle racing.

From the Villa Branca residence to Bimota, the historic Italian motorcycle trademark that Chiancia acquired last month, what is his secret? "Applying Scientology's ethical science and business philosophy to enterprise management," explains the 54-year-old. "When I joined the Church, in the 90s, I had no money. I was a nobody. Look at what I am now." For example, Chiancia recently donated over a million Swiss francs (more than a million US dollars) for Scientology's humanitarian initiatives around the world, earning him a place among the church's most generous donors (John Travolta donated the same amount).

In a word, Chiancia doesn't hold back when he's passionate about something. "Being part of Scientology has a price, like anything else," he says, "Personally, between courses, books, and everything else, I still spent less than for my lawyer or for my Ferrari." Excluding donations, of course. "But these are choices that are entirely voluntary."

Being a Scientologist entrepreneur is lucrative, at least in Chiancianesi's case. "The key is to apply an ethical code to business. Scientology offers manuals for businesses, courses for employees, and technical but also ethical instruction that I've always applied in my company. I even try to do this in motorcycle racing."

In Misano last Saturday, the engine of his Bimoto burned out. "I was in the lead, but I pushed too hard." This happened 20 minutes before the finish line. We hope this isn't an omen.
65qvza.jpg

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
Translation of an Italian article published on October 25, 2013 in the Ticino, Switzerland daily 20 Minuti (snapshot below) and also posted on the 20 Minuti website:
"Ecco perché ritengo che Scientology sia pericolosa"
"This is why I consider Scientology dangerous"

TICINO. Why keep an eye on Scientology? We asked Orlando Del Don, who is calling for a monitoring agency

How can entrepreneur Marco Chiancianesi try to have us believe that a cult which has just been definitively convicted of fraud in France is a church that transforms its members into wealthy people? There are two sides to the coin called Scientology. We confront this issue because it will soon be a political matter.

The Grand Council of the canton of Ticino will soon decide on a motion put forward by legislature member Orlando Del Don (Democratic Union of the Centre) calling for the establishment of an monitoring agency in Ticino to deal specifically with Scientology. "The interview published yesterday by 20 Minuti confirms that Scientology is more an organization that promotes its own interests than a church," said Del Don, who is a psychiatrist.

However, his political battle is based not so much on the risk, as many have testified, that the cult will lighten the pockets of its followers. No, his concern stems, he says, "from Scientology's repeated attacks against psychiatry. The first one, which was very extreme, was the exhibition a few years ago at the Palazzo dei Congressi portraying my discipline as the cause of all the world's ills."

He explains: "The work that psychiatry does with a patient is not so much pharmacological, but is based on a relationship of trust. My word, my authority, what I represent for my patient, makes up 80 % of the work. If mistrust is instilled, this is a detriment. This is the danger of Scientology, which is conducting a destructive campaign against practically all of my colleagues."

And the monitoring agency? "On the one hand, it will analyze the situation, on the other, it will advise and help persons who are troubled or have doubts about Scientology. Unfortunately, many are afraid to come out into the open."
2up9tut.jpg

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dude,

Carefull or you might end up porr because of Scientology.

Or if "lucky" just not as rich because of Scientology.

Rd00