Sec Checks & Sea Org - Inherent Mental Conflicts

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by TheOriginalBigBlue, Apr 24, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Eventually a Sea Org member can develop fundamental doubts which result in a realization that they really do not want to stay any longer. I am not describing the lesser more logistical things like long hours, lack of sleep, little pay. I am talking about an irreparable breach in faith that makes their leaving inevitable or their staying completely involuntary. Realizations such as:

They cannot survive on staff because their health or sanity won't last.
    They are harming other people or becoming ruthless or amoral.
    That the policies and technology are inherently illogical or self serving to only a few.
    That ultimately they will be abandoned when they are too old and become a liability.
    That they are unwilling to place the interests of the church over friends and family or personal goals.

You don't just tell an auditor something like this in a security check session and go back to your post. And you don't just route out either, especially if they are concerned that you will talk about crimes or out-PR stuff. You are sent to Ethics and "Handled". Often "being handled" results in staying on staff, at least until it becomes evident that you are no longer handled and put back on the meter.

A floating needle, an ethics conditions assignment, amends projects - these don't really make facts and entrenched living conditions go away and these people are not completely self-deluded. If the inner debate of conscience goes on despite passing a sec check then that means staff must be actively deceiving the e-meter. I believe staff have developed their own techniques and disciplines as a group for diverting thought, clearing the mind, focusing on something else, parsing and dissembling the answers long enough to buy the time needed to float a needle and to put on their best "Very Good Indicators" face in spite of tremendous stress and negative consequences for discovery.

"Thought Crime" is described in great detail in George Orwell's novel "1984", only we never dreamed to actually see it in our own time in the free world or applied to ourselves and people we know. If I can surmise that staff have cultivated the skill to fool a lie detector out of necessity, then certainly the church hierarchy can and if there are crimes to conceal this would be a tremendous incentive to supplement the e-meter with more traditional methods of ensuring conformity and non-disclosure.

So my technical question to the forum is: Are Sea Org members routinely able to hide Inherent Mental Conflicts about being on staff from the E-Meter?

2. Techless

Techless Patron Meritorious

Yes - absolutely. It's called survival - in the real sense.

3. TheOriginalBigBlue

Your unqualified response makes me wonder - Are the auditors performing sec checks on staff consciously or sympathetically complicit it letting staff pass a question?

Do they have to sec check the sec checkers?

4. Techless

Techless Patron Meritorious

not sure why you said 'unqualified', but whatever.

I do believe though that both auditor and pc are doing what they do to survive the insanity.

It's occurring in every large corporation, everyday.

Some of us - most of us actually, have a sense of compassion and it works out to some degree. Just not to the degree it should.

Job security and money tend to rule. (money NOT a factor in scn, at least for everyone but the one for who it matters greatly)

5. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

I would say they are not able to routinely hide such conflicts, occasionally, yes! They may feel lucky to have eluded the auditor once maybe twice but they know they cannot continue to do so.

6. TheOriginalBigBlue

I meant "unqualified" as in you were adamant and certain in your response - no ifs ands or buts.

I have to think you must be right. On some level these auditors must realize that if they don't let these fundamental disagreements slide then there won't be anyone else to sec check except each other.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  7. TheOriginalBigBlue

I have a difficult time imagining a Sea Org member admitting something like "LRH became great by traveling and enjoying a full and rich life so why can't I". It would be more like "Well, I was hoping to visit my family over Christmas but couldn't find someone to hold my post"..........pleeease float, float!

Don't you think? That's dodging it right?